Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud and "Good Answer!! Good Answer!!" -- Origins  (Read 2727 times)

TimK2003

Feud and "Good Answer!! Good Answer!!" -- Origins
« on: June 01, 2015, 10:17:23 PM »
Had a conversation with another person from work over the weekend, also a lover of good game shows.  Anyhoo, we got onto the topic of game show "catch phrases", and one of the phrases discussed at length was the saying of "Good Answer, Good Answer" after nearly every good (or horrible) answer.

One question he had was how did "Good Answer" originate?  Was it a phrase the G/T people wanted the families to start saying, or was there a specific family that started the "Good Answer" craze on Feud?  If the latter, who was the family and when was "Good Answer" first used on Feud?

I didn't have answer, but I thought I'd pose it to the GSF to see if someone knew.  Actually it would make a damn good Bar Trivia or top-tier Millionaire question. 

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Re: Feud and "Good Answer!! Good Answer!!" -- Origins
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2015, 10:28:50 PM »
Actually it would make a damn good Bar Trivia or top-tier Millionaire question.
I disagree with this last part.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 05:29:17 PM »
Actually it would make a damn good Bar Trivia or top-tier Millionaire question.
I disagree with this last part.
I disagree with it being a "good" Millionaire question too. That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see it.

/Her dog bit his leg.
//Must have been pifflicated.
///Tastes like jams and jellies.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 10:01:30 PM »
I disagree with it being a "good" Millionaire question too. That said, it wouldn't surprise me to see it.

/Her dog bit his leg.
//Must have been pifflicated.
///Tastes like jams and jellies.
There is a difference between "thing that's a fun trivia tidbit" and "thing that would make a good quiz question". You seem to be on board which I figured. I just wanted to head off at the pass that the Impossible Question from You Don't Know Jack is at all equivalent to a million dollar question.
Travis L. Eberle