Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 5th Grader and H'wood Game Night returning  (Read 8026 times)

BillCullen1

5th Grader and H'wood Game Night returning
« on: May 19, 2015, 11:37:44 AM »
According to the FOX website, 5th Grader returns on Tuesday, May 26. Jeff Foxworthy is back as host.

The NBC website lists Hollywood Game Night returning for its 3rd season starting July 7th.

TimK2003

Re: 5th Grader and H'wood Game Night returning
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2015, 11:51:46 AM »
According to the FOX website, 5th Grader returns on Tuesday, May 26. Jeff Foxworthy is back as host.

I knew AYSTA5G was planning to return, but I'm surprised it's getting hardly any fanfare -- especially compared to Fox's new game-show-disaster "Bullshi...", er "Bullseye". 

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2015, 07:48:26 PM »
I saw a promo for 5th Grader over the weekend, either during Family Guy's finale or Bob's Burger's. But that's about the only place.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Bob Zager

« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 07:45:36 PM »
I've been wondering if the bonus round on HGN will still be called "Celebrity Name Game?"

BillCullen1

« Reply #4 on: May 26, 2015, 12:02:57 PM »
Tonight, (5/26) I'll be Tivo-ing 5th Grader and 500 Questions.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #5 on: May 26, 2015, 12:16:53 PM »

Thank you for the report; we've made a note.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TimK2003

« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2015, 12:22:55 PM »

Caught an interview w/ Foxworthy this morning on the local Fox affil regarding the show.  He said that pretty much the gameplay hasn't changed.  One new wrinkle, though, is that on a designated $10,000 question, if the contestant gets is right, then a randomly-selected school in the country (who will be seen during the show via Skype) will also receive $10,000 toward a project of theirs (playground equipment, textbooks,...).

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2015, 12:41:54 PM »
One new wrinkle, though, is that on a designated $10,000 question, if the contestant gets is right, then a randomly-selected school in the country (who will be seen during the show via Skype) will also receive $10,000 toward a project of theirs (playground equipment, textbooks,...).

Because that can't possibly make for uncomfortable television when they blow it, considering how hard funding is to come by for schools these days...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

BrandonFG

« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2015, 07:02:48 PM »
I'd like to think some kind of consolation will be offered to the school, just to avoid the awkwardness of the Skype session if someone blows it.

Not that I'm saying it should be made mandatory, but Chris makes a good point about school funding.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Kevin Prather

« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2015, 07:04:23 PM »
One new wrinkle, though, is that on a designated $10,000 question, if the contestant gets is right, then a randomly-selected school in the country (who will be seen during the show via Skype) will also receive $10,000 toward a project of theirs (playground equipment, textbooks,...).

Because that can't possibly make for uncomfortable television when they blow it, considering how hard funding is to come by for schools these days...
Very much this. Here's hoping they at least wait until the $10,000 is won to "select" the school.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2015, 07:17:24 PM »
I didn't make that exact point in the "Millionaire Charity Week" thread, but I did point out that the contestant should be able to play his own game and not have to worry about a charitable contribution riding on the result.

If the format is the same as before, the $10,000 level is attained by answering four questions, none of which will ever be harder than fifth grade curriculum. That should be a significantly easier achievement than getting through the first ten questions on Millionaire.
Travis L. Eberle

Kevin Prather

« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2015, 08:06:45 PM »
If the format is the same as before, the $10,000 level is attained by answering four questions, none of which will ever be harder than fifth grade curriculum.

And with the strategy usually employed by contestants, that question will usually be 2nd grade.

BillCullen1

« Reply #12 on: July 07, 2015, 07:17:40 PM »
Hollywood Game Night returns tonight (July 7) at 10 pm EST on NBC.

BillCullen1

« Reply #13 on: July 28, 2015, 09:16:17 AM »
Both shows air this evening (7/28) on FOX and NBC at 8 and 10 pm EST, respectively. 5th Grader has been off for about three weeks.

TimK2003

« Reply #14 on: July 28, 2015, 12:39:09 PM »
Both shows air this evening (7/28) on FOX and NBC at 8 and 10 pm EST, respectively. 5th Grader has been off for about three weeks.

Any word if Fox has considered continuing the revival beyond the "summer session" yet -- either as as a mid season replacement or stand-in when the first of the freshman shows fail in the Fall?  I see the ratings are so-so and only 1/2 as good as CNG's, but the show hasn't consistently been on the Tuesday night schedule either.