Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Variety: Chris Harrison accepts the WWTBAM hosting rose  (Read 11710 times)

colonial

Variety: Chris Harrison accepts the WWTBAM hosting rose
« on: April 13, 2015, 06:01:55 PM »
Variety is reporting that Terry Crews is out and Chris Harrison is in as host for season 14 of WWTBAM.

According to said article (which I'm having trouble linking to as I'm on a cell phone), Crews declined to host due to commitments on "Brooklyn Nine-Nine" and other work.

JD

BrandonFG

Re: Variety: Chris Harrison accepts the WWTBAM hosting rose
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2015, 07:21:22 PM »
Here's the link... http://variety.com/2015/tv/news/chris-harrison-terry-crews-who-wants-to-be-a-millionaire-host-1201471567/

Glad to see the show get another season. I sometimes forget it still airs...hopefully they'll use something other than a popular comedian as host for the main draw.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2015, 07:24:50 PM »
Glad to see the show get another season. I sometimes forget it still airs...hopefully they'll use something other than a popular comedian as host for the main draw.
Are you suggesting that Chris Harrison is an unpopular comedian? ;)
Travis L. Eberle

Fedya

« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2015, 07:49:07 PM »
I misread the post and thought it read "Chris Hanson" and immediately thought of that horrid "To Catch a Pervert" spinoff of Dateline NBC.
-- Ted Schuerzinger, now blogging at http://justacineast.blogspot.com/

No Fark slashes were harmed in the making of this post

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2015, 08:04:03 PM »
I misread the post and thought it read "Chris Hanson" and immediately thought of that horrid "To Catch a Pervert" spinoff of Dateline NBC.

Okay, there is definitely a joke here based on the term "Hot Seat," but it just isn't coming to me. Little help?

0512vwoods

« Reply #5 on: April 13, 2015, 08:05:40 PM »
I wonder if they'll move production to L.A.

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: April 13, 2015, 08:19:54 PM »

Okay, there is definitely a joke here based on the term "Hot Seat," but it just isn't coming to me. Little help?
"Let's welcome our next contestant...why don't you have a seat right over there?"

-or-

How old did 'Lauren' say she was?
A. 12
B. 14
C. 17
D. 19
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tvwxman

« Reply #7 on: April 13, 2015, 08:48:28 PM »
Per the article : "Disney/ABC said the “Brooklyn Nine-Nine” star was unable to continue with the show “due to his successful and demanding film and primetime TV projects.”"

What a crock of crap. If he were that successful, and had moved the dial positively, he would have found time, and they would have found the money.

Terry Crews was awful - ill-prepared, and ill-suited for the role. Chris Harrison is BIG step forward just from the fact that he can handle unscripted television.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #8 on: April 13, 2015, 09:01:43 PM »

How old did 'Lauren' say she was?
A. 12
B. 14
C. 17
D. 19

Would you like to use your 50/50?
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

goongas

« Reply #9 on: April 13, 2015, 09:41:38 PM »
I am happy they found their first game show host since Regis.  I think they found out their last two hosts were more performers than hosts.  Steve Harvey gets away with it, but the last two Millionaire hosts did not.  Probably Chris is no more expensive than Terry Crews would be, maybe he is even cheaper.

Thunder

« Reply #10 on: April 13, 2015, 10:33:16 PM »
...Probably Chris is no more expensive than Terry Crews would be, maybe he is even cheaper.

Yes. Or no.

CJBojangles

« Reply #11 on: April 14, 2015, 08:32:43 PM »
Thank GOD. I couldn't take any more of the screaming.

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2015, 02:03:35 AM »
I am happy they found their first game show host since Regis. 

Agreed.  Chris Harrison is a good host, and hopefully he'll shine in a role that (not to sound like an old fuddy-duddy) doesn't rely on sex and romance to sell the product, just a good game with a (hopefully) good person driving the show.

Kudos to the OP for a creative thread title.

BillCullen1

« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2015, 01:20:08 PM »
What's more surprising to me is that the show got renewed. The medley of hosts is probably not helping. The Bachelor/ette is not appointment TV for me, so I can't comment on Harrison's hosting ability. If I were an ABC Exec, I would've pushed for Tom Bergeron. He lives on the east coast, though they would've had to work around his DWTS schedule. I believe I also read he wasn't crazy about game shows, though I thought he did a good job on Hollywood Squares.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2015, 04:12:09 PM »
I love how people are applauding the move to a "real game show host" who has:

-not hosted a game show in fourteen years

-hosted precisely one other show...

-...which completely tanked

-did not do a particularly solid job hosting that show, if I remember the consensus here correctly

I'm not really in wait and see mode here, like I was last time. I can't see this working.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022