Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Feud closing in on WOF and J! in the ratings...  (Read 12494 times)

brianhenke

Feud closing in on WOF and J! in the ratings...
« on: February 03, 2015, 11:29:37 PM »
    http://variety.com/2015/data/news/family-feud-continues-ratings-surge-hits-another-high-1201422488/

For the week of Jan. 19-25:

WOF   11.925 million viewers, J! 10.896 million, FF 10.247 million

HHR: WOF 7.4, J! 7.0, FF 6.8

Brian
Johnny Cash sang "I Have the Wine"?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Re: Feud closing in on WOF and J! in the ratings...
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2015, 11:35:43 PM »
Hard to miss a show that's on four times a frigging day...

/please pardon my cynicism...I'm just not fully impressed
//impressed, yes, but at the same time...
« Last Edit: February 03, 2015, 11:51:03 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Thunder

« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2015, 04:32:54 PM »

GameShowGuru

« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2015, 07:03:28 PM »
To be fair, I don't think Feud has had ratings this high since the Dawson era.  Kudos to Steve Harvey for bringing Family Feud back as a game show ratings powerhouse.

Thunder

« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2015, 11:59:04 PM »
I went to Burger King after work Wednesday night and they had TV Land on. By the time I got my order to go, I had seen the answers "Weenie Beanies", "A Fat Doobie" and "While Doing The Nasty" revealed. That was enough for me.

/Two different questions.

PYLdude

« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2015, 12:41:17 AM »
To be fair, I don't think Feud has had ratings this high since the Dawson era.  Kudos to Steve Harvey for bringing Family Feud back as a game show ratings powerhouse.

That is certainly fair, but I wouldn't exactly call it a powerhouse.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

BrandonFG

« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2015, 12:55:56 AM »
I went to Burger King after work Wednesday night and they had TV Land on. By the time I got my order to go, I had seen the answers "Weenie Beanies", "A Fat Doobie" and "While Doing The Nasty" revealed. That was enough for me.

Honestly...this is what bothers me more than the loaded risqué questions, the idiotic euphemisms.

I'm guessing "Weenie Beanies" is condoms?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Thunder

« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2015, 12:59:36 AM »
Correct. The question for those first two answers was "Name something you'd be shocked to find in your grandmother's nightstand." The question when I was leaving was "Name a time when it would be bad to call your woman by another name."

PYLdude

« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2015, 01:06:07 AM »

Honestly...this is what bothers me more than the loaded risqué questions, the idiotic euphemisms.

Me too. The loaded nature of some of the question can grate at times, but in all seriousness, the writers who approve of stuff like "weenie beanies" need a good stiff whack in the head with a fish.

"Doing the nasty" I could tolerate. To a point.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2015, 02:01:59 AM »
"Doing the nasty" I could tolerate. To a point.
At least some people talk like that some times.
Travis L. Eberle

TimK2003

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2015, 10:46:44 AM »
My wife was flipping thru the channels the other day and she stopped at one of what now seems to be 8 airings of Harvey Feud a day.  I told her I don't watch it anymore due to all the penis answers. 

Not even 30 seconds later, the answer "PET THE PEACOCK" is revealed (don't even know what the question was -- but does it really matter anymore?). Then Harvey goes on to tell the crew that that was one of the best euphemisms used on the show thus far.

narzo

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2015, 11:07:12 AM »
this chatter about all the airings "Family Feud" gets got me wondering how often it actually is on.  Just picking this coming monday, here is when I can watch FF in Austin TX:

11am-1pm GSN, 1p-2pm local station, 3-4pm Centric, 5-6pm GSN, 6-7pm local station, 7-8pm TV Land, 9pm-12am GSN.

Yep, 10 hours of your day, "Family Feud" is available. 

PYLdude

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2015, 09:21:30 PM »
My wife was flipping thru the channels the other day and she stopped at one of what now seems to be 8 airings of Harvey Feud a day.  I told her I don't watch it anymore due to all the penis answers. 

Again, this whole "phallic Feud" thing is incredibly overblown. Those who are complaining now, I theorize, largely weren't watching before this alleged shift toward wiener jokes either.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2015, 09:43:50 PM »
Again, this whole "phallic Feud" thing is incredibly overblown. Those who are complaining now, I theorize, largely weren't watching before this alleged shift toward wiener jokes either.
I watched before, now I don't. Call it alleged, theorize all you want; it happened and though some new people are watching and the ratings are higher because of multiple airings, it is turning some people off. I'm not the only one.
Travis L. Eberle

dale_grass

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2015, 10:14:08 PM »
I watched before, now I don't. Call it alleged, theorize all you want; it happened and though some new people are watching and the ratings are higher because of multiple airings, it is turning some people off. I'm not the only one.

You're not.  I could tolerate the constant mugging, but the middle school euphemisms are downright annoying.  And I'm a guy who likes his immature euphemisms.