Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Happy 40th Anniversary to a Dynamic Duo!  (Read 4359 times)

Jimmy Owen

Happy 40th Anniversary to a Dynamic Duo!
« on: December 24, 2014, 08:23:52 AM »
This week marks the 40th anniversary of a couple of shows that started a great love of the genre for me. "The Big Showdown" (my favorite game show of all time) and "The Money Maze."  Used to make sure to be home by 2:30 to watch Jim Peck and Heather Cunningham and be entertained by a great game.  Thanks, Ronnie Greenberg, for a great show!  Also enjoyed Nick Clooney and "MM,"  Fantastic time for game shows.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Winkfan

Re: Happy 40th Anniversary to a Dynamic Duo!
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2014, 02:55:07 PM »
You know, I've often wondered "What if Nick/Jim got hired for the other show?" I mean, it could have been Nick slipping on that staircase.....

Just my two million.....

Cordially,
Tammy

P.S. I thought that "Dynamic Duo" bit could have described Jim and Heather. Well, they certainly were one!
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

BillCullen1

« Reply #2 on: December 24, 2014, 08:03:15 PM »
Both of those shows originated in New York City.  The announcer on The Money Maze, Alan Kalter, did okay for himself as well.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #3 on: December 24, 2014, 10:38:57 PM »
Both of those shows originated in New York City.  The announcer on The Money Maze, Alan Kalter, did okay for himself as well.

You know, I don't know if this has been gone over...is he staying on with Colbert, or is he hanging it up?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #4 on: December 24, 2014, 11:04:01 PM »
You know, I don't know if this has been gone over...is he staying on with Colbert, or is he hanging it up?

Coincidentally, somebody asked me today if I though Paul Shaffer would stay on as bandleader.  And I think both questions have the same, simple answer.  Colbert's show will be new, just as Jay Leno's was different than Carson's, and Fallon's was different than Jay's.  There will almost certainly be some behind-the-scenes people at the theater who'll stay on, but it seems likely that Paul and Alan will move on when Dave leaves.  Paul will certainly keep working, and Kalter's only 71. In a field where age is just a number, he may not want to retire just yet either.  I just don't see either of them working for Colbert.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

byrd62

« Reply #5 on: December 26, 2014, 02:39:53 PM »
That dynamic duo wasn't just the shows themselves.  It was also their spectacular theme songs by the good people at Score Productions.

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2014, 03:39:40 PM »
That dynamic duo wasn't just the shows themselves.  It was also their spectacular theme songs by the good people at Score Productions.

Agreed!  Score did some of their best work on those shows.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.