Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: MG 75 question  (Read 2809 times)

adamjk

MG 75 question
« on: January 20, 2004, 11:37:19 PM »
Lately, I've noticed that when Johnny O says something like "Stay tuned for Tattletales next over most of these CBS stations", at the end of a MG 75 show, all you hear is his voice. You don't hear the theme, or the audience applause or anything. Has anyone noticed this, or maybe an even better question would be, can anyone explain why this is happening?
« Last Edit: January 20, 2004, 11:37:41 PM by adamjk »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
MG 75 question
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2004, 12:05:16 AM »
[quote name=\'adamjk\' date=\'Jan 20 2004, 11:37 PM\'] Lately, I've noticed that when Johnny O says something like "Stay tuned for Tattletales next over most of these CBS stations", at the end of a MG 75 show, all you hear is his voice. You don't hear the theme, or the audience applause or anything. Has anyone noticed this, or maybe an even better question would be, can anyone explain why this is happening? [/quote]
 The obvious answer I can think of, (though it's probably incorrect) is they added it in post, and dubbed it over any audience noise and/or the theme.

I don't recall this happening, however.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Jimmy Owen

MG 75 question
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2004, 07:57:49 AM »
It may (I repeat, may) be during the time when there was much shuffling on the CBS sked.  When NYSI went off on 6/13/75, "Tattletales" moved to 11am and "Musical Chairs" went in at 4, (so Johnny would have said..."Stay tuned for MC..next over most of these CBS stations)  Tattletales at 11 must not have gone over very well because by mid-August 1975 it was back on in the afternoon.  It's possible the change was so sudden a new voice over had to be punched in.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 08:01:06 AM by Jimmy Owen »
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Ian Wallis

MG 75 question
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2004, 08:52:51 AM »
Tattletales at 11 must not have gone over very well because by mid-August 1975 it was back on in the afternoon. It's possible the change was so sudden a new voice over had to be punched in.

It was certainly a sudden change.  TVGuide didn't even list the correct lineup until a week after the change had been made.  Maybe CBS figured that they weren't getting the ratings in the morning anyway, so they decided just to change it, even though the TV listings would be wrong for that week.

That was also the same week "Price is Right" moved back to mornings.  I remember waking up late that day, tuning in CBS and being very surprised to find "Price" back at 10:30 with no warning.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

Don Howard

MG 75 question
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2004, 08:53:51 AM »
[quote name=\'Jimmy Owen\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 07:57 AM\'] It may (I repeat, may) be during the time when there was much shuffling on the CBS sked.  When NYSI went off on 6/13/75, "Tattletales" moved to 11am and "Musical Chairs" went in at 4, (so Johnny would have said..."Stay tuned for MC..next over most of these CBS stations)  Tattletales at 11 must not have gone over very well because by mid-August 1975 it was back on in the afternoon.  It's possible the change was so sudden a new voice over had to be punched in. [/quote]
The same thing happened at the end of Spin-Off as I remember. The "stay tuned for The Price Is Right" announcement was made under no music as it covered up Johnny Jacobs saying "please stay tuned for Gambit". How polite it was, by the way, for him to say please. Johnny Olson did the same after TPIR moved to 11am in 1979 when he said to "please stay tuned for Search For Tomorrow".
« Last Edit: January 21, 2004, 08:57:19 AM by Don Howard »

Winkfan

MG 75 question
« Reply #5 on: January 21, 2004, 05:39:47 PM »
May I also add; Gambit was moved back to its original 11:00am EST slot to make room for PiR returning to 10:30am EST where IT started three years before (1972). At the same time, MG '75 was moved up a half-hour to 3:00pm EST, and Tattletales followed at 3:30pm EST. Only Spin-Off and Musical Chairs remained in their time periods until both shows were dumped.

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Nancy Dussaut of the Big Board!'
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

aaron sica

MG 75 question
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2004, 07:14:07 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 08:53 AM\'] The same thing happened at the end of Spin-Off as I remember. The "stay tuned for The Price Is Right" announcement was made under no music as it covered up Johnny Jacobs saying "please stay tuned for Gambit". How polite it was, by the way, for him to say please. Johnny Olson did the same after TPIR moved to 11am in 1979 when he said to "please stay tuned for Search For Tomorrow". [/quote]
 Not to nitpick, but it was actually (remembering it from GSN reruns),

"Please stay tuned for Search For Tomorrow, one half hour from now on most of these CBS stations", as SFT aired at 12:30pm (EST) from 1968-1981....After that, signaled the death of SFT on CBS as it was moved to 2:30pm in '81, and dumped by CBS in '82. NBC picked it up and moved it back to 12:30pm  in the spring of '82, where it aired until the end of '86. As this is a game show message board, SFT was replaced by "Wordplay".

Don Howard

MG 75 question
« Reply #7 on: January 23, 2004, 04:45:42 PM »
[quote name=\'Winkfan\' date=\'Jan 21 2004, 05:39 PM\'] May I also add; Gambit was moved back to its original 11:00am EST slot to make room for PiR returning to 10:30am EST where IT started three years before (1972). [/quote]
 Indeed you may. Great show that Gambit. Anyone recall how high that Any 21 Wins jackpot got? I'm sure the Vegas edition's kitty got higher as it $500 increased by the game as opposed to $500 by the show when it taped at CBS.