Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Brother, can you spare a million?  (Read 8004 times)

catkins522

Brother, can you spare a million?
« on: January 09, 2004, 07:53:49 PM »
I saw Access Hollywood on the ticker...

"The Wayne Brady Show" will be cancelled as of this season.

You know, I like Wayne Brady and liked his format.  However, there will be more time for Fremantle to screw up another classic game.

Charles Atkins
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

PeterMarshallFan

« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2004, 08:10:43 PM »
Dang. I liked his show, too.

zachhoran

« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2004, 08:17:48 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 07:53 PM\'] I saw Access Hollywood on the ticker...

You know, I like Wayne Brady and liked his format.  However, there will be more time for Fremantle to screw up another classic game.

Charles Atkins [/quote]
 I think some or all of the stations that carry Wayne's show will replace it with Tony Danza's upcoming gabfest. I don't see Danza doing much better ratingswise than Wayne Brady did, but we'll see what happens.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 09:06:32 PM »
[quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 07:53 PM\'] I saw Access Hollywood on the ticker...

Charles Atkins [/quote]
 First of all, I really hate it when people say the words TALK SHOW.  There is nothing wrong with it.

Second of all, I thought that Brady was doing well... didn't he even get an Emmy.  Tis a shame.

Brandon Brooks

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 09:08:43 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 09:06 PM\'] [quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 07:53 PM\'] I saw Access Hollywood on the ticker...

You know, I like Wayne Brady and liked his format.  However, there will be more time for Fremantle to screw up another classic game.

Charles Atkins [/quote]
First of all, I really hate it when people say the words TALK SHOW.  There is nothing wrong with it.

Second of all, I thought that Brady was doing well... didn't he even get an Emmy.  Tis a shame.
[/quote]

I thought it was holding its own as well, but according to rec.arts.tv, it only pulled a 1.0 in the ratings. Damn, I was thinking it had at least a 2.5.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 09:09:39 PM by fostergray82 »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

tommycharles

« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 09:10:06 PM »
Well....Wayne's show wasn't particularly special, and I really thought he dragged Drew's Line down a lot....but he was waaaaay ahead of..say...Leno.

CherryPizza

« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 10:55:18 PM »
Yes, well... re-runs of The Little Rascals would also be way ahead of Leno

tyshaun1

« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 11:01:25 PM »
[quote name=\'Brandon Brooks\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 09:06 PM\'] [quote name=\'catkins522\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 07:53 PM\'] I saw Access Hollywood on the ticker...

You know, I like Wayne Brady and liked his format.  However, there will be more time for Fremantle to screw up another classic game.

Charles Atkins [/quote]

Brandon Brooks [/quote]
 Yep, he and his show won Emmys last year, and his show was doing OK at the time (although my local station did drop it after the first season and replaced it with Jack & Ali, smart move...........NOT!) Many stations picked it up for the 2nd year, but the ratings didn't reciprocate. It makes ya wonder, with the all the failed talk shows the past 3 years, and with game shows seemingly making a comeback ratings wise, where are all the new game shows at?

Tyshaun

joshg

« Reply #8 on: January 10, 2004, 02:22:27 AM »
I saw Access Hollywood on the ticker...

...and I'm sure the LA ratings weren't the best either because it was on against a little show called "The Price Is Right".

Josh
Because Chiffon Wrinkles...

itiparanoid13

« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2004, 08:14:31 AM »
I am being totally honest when i say that i watched 5 minutes of the show and i wanted to drive a nail into my skull.  I really cant stand him on Whose Line either though, but his talk show was horrible IMO.

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2004, 11:57:43 AM »
[quote name=\'CherryPizza\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 10:55 PM\'] Yes, well... re-runs of The Little Rascals would also be way ahead of Leno [/quote]
 Makes no sense at all...  let me guess, you don't like Leno, eh?

Brandon Brooks

GSWitch

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2004, 12:55:26 PM »
In Houston, it was on opposite Hollywood Squares & Jeopardy!

FINAL JEOPARDY!
The only Lawrence Brother who never appeared on Wayne Brady.

Please respond in a form of a question.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #12 on: January 10, 2004, 12:59:10 PM »
Yes, well... re-runs of The Little Rascals would also be way ahead of Leno
I am being totally honest when i say that i watched 5 minutes of the show and i wanted to drive a nail into my skull.

The professional critic's associations have nothing to worry about from you two.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2004, 12:59:41 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

inturnaround

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2004, 01:07:41 PM »
I think the bottom line on Wayne Brady is that audiences liked him, but he never could attract any worthy guests. There's only so many reality guests you can have before you need to bring out an A-Lister. The premiere this season of Ellen Degeneres' show just shows what can be done in daytime if you can get the big guests like Jennifer Aniston and Justin Timberlake.

But the man is an entertainer and I know he'll continue to do well on the road.
Joe Coughlin     
Human

JMFabiano

« Reply #14 on: January 10, 2004, 01:45:51 PM »
[quote name=\'itiparanoid13\' date=\'Jan 10 2004, 08:14 AM\'] I am being totally honest when i say that i watched 5 minutes of the show and i wanted to drive a nail into my skull.  I really cant stand him on Whose Line either though, but his talk show was horrible IMO. [/quote]
 Never watched it myself, but resented that in NY, it got the 10 AM slot on WABC, while a certain other former GS regular's talk show that also debuted in 2002 (gee, I wonder who?) was the one to get buried in the wee hours...despite the fact that it was the successor to the former 10 am show!
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.