Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: B&WO Gone?  (Read 5562 times)

Ghastly_Gary

B&WO Gone?
« on: January 07, 2004, 06:52:45 AM »
Black & White Overnight is no more.  The GSN web site is blank when looking up B&WO and in its place are more infomercials.

Matt Ottinger

B&WO Gone?
« Reply #1 on: January 07, 2004, 09:51:00 AM »
Some of us are disappointed, but I don't think anybody's stunned.  B&WO never made one bit of sense from a business standpoint, it was just a favor to classic fans almost certainly arranged by Mr. Boden.

Still, I think this does amount to the end of an era.  Black and white classics were part of GSN's prime time schedule originally, and unless something pretty dramatic happens, I think it's safe to say we're not ever going to see them on GSN anymore.  While there aren't that many members of OUR forum who make a big deal about them, there's a moderately active Yahoo group and an elaborate database at TV Tome both dedicated to WML?, and the folks there will be particularly disappointed.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Don Howard

B&WO Gone?
« Reply #2 on: January 07, 2004, 10:13:56 AM »
I thought the GSN boss man told Stosh in that exclusive interview that Black & White Overnight would continue. When is this effective?

ADDED @ 4:55pm: I've just been to the GSN web site and while there's no specific program information provided for the 4-5am ET hour, Black & White Overnight continues to be listed in the on-air guide grid.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2004, 04:52:25 PM by Don Howard »

kirkmorgan

B&WO Gone?
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2004, 07:16:34 PM »
Black & White Overnight isn't going anywhere! GSN  hasn't had schedules for  the hour since shortly after it was shortened,plus Password begins early 1/13,and adlink shows the hour at least through 2/29!! :)

Matt Ottinger

B&WO Gone?
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2004, 01:32:40 AM »
Well, it looks as though my eulogy was premature and my TiVo will happily hum along in the middle of the night for a while longer.  It still wouldn't surprise me at all for the hour to be removed suddenly and without warning, but I'm certainly glad to hear that THIS situation was a false alarm.
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Jim

B&WO Gone?
« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2004, 10:33:28 PM »
I am just curious about this - don't mean to get anybody riled up, BUT why do you think they aren't giving TTTT a second run through from the start, (the Zaramin sponsor shows).  They gave that courtesy to WML and IGAS.  Password has been repeated several times.  Why just once and out for Bud?  Is this one of the lesser liked BWO shows?

Winkfan

B&WO Gone?
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2004, 01:01:52 AM »
I am just curious about this - don't mean to get anybody riled up, BUT why do you think they aren't giving TTTT a second run through from the start, (the Zaramin sponsor shows).  They gave that courtesy to WML and IGAS.  Password has been repeated several times.
Actually, they DID remove WML from the B&WO line-up back in July 2002, but apparently some WML fans were outraged and so GSN had to bring it back once the Password run was finished. Which could also explain why GSN started up IGaS from the earliest episodes again.

Why just once and out for Bud? Is this one of the lesser liked BWO shows?

Rest assured, it's not like that. I'm sure TTTT will return again; provided GSN keeps its promise of retaining B&WO. And it's not like Bud's going away completely. He's just getting a week off from GSN and then, he'll be seen during the weekends on--like it or not--Beat the Clock. Yes, Bud and Roxanne will be back together again!

Cordially,
Tammy Warner--the 'Elaine Fulkerson of the Big Board!'
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 03:37:57 PM by Winkfan »
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Ghastly_Gary

B&WO Gone?
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2004, 07:12:41 AM »
Now that the B&WO scare is over, I'm curious what will happen when the B&W daytime TTTT ends its run.  For those wanting to get their dose of Bud Collyer, how about the surviving episodes (if any) of Winner Take All which Bud hosted before Bill Cullen took over (heck, include the Cullen shows) before bringing back Beat The Clock beginning with the Lights of Broadway shows.

Don Howard

B&WO Gone?
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2004, 07:32:22 AM »
[quote name=\'Ghastly_Gary\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 07:12 AM\'] Now that the B&WO scare is over, I'm curious what will happen when the B&W daytime TTTT ends its run. [/quote]
Too bad you weren't tuned to the channel at the appointed hour earlier this morning. You'd have gotten your answer. The answer is-----------Make The Connection...for the next couple of days, anyhow.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2004, 07:32:38 AM by Don Howard »

Ghastly_Gary

B&WO Gone?
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2004, 11:54:39 AM »
The http://www.gsn.com still shows no schedule for B&WO, but the http://www.tvguide.com program listings show MTC appearing early Monday at 4 a.m. EST.  Just one showing at that day and time was listed in the TV Guide web site.  Password is listed beginning early Tuesday at 4.