Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPiR 1/8  (Read 1781 times)

BrandonFG

TPiR 1/8
« on: January 08, 2004, 02:02:55 PM »
I don't find this game related, but following the first pricing game, as the contestant walked off the stage, for a split second, you could see another guy directing him off stage. It really only showed half the guy's body, but I'm sure it was just the camera panning a tad too far.  

My question is, who was the guy?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

CBSJokersWildFan

TPiR 1/8
« Reply #1 on: January 08, 2004, 02:13:25 PM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 8 2004, 02:02 PM\']I don't find this game related, but following the first pricing game, as the contestant walked off the stage, for a split second, you could see another guy directing him off stage. It really only showed half the guy's body, but I'm sure it was just the camera panning a tad too far. 

My question is, who was the guy?[/quote]

I believe that was TPIR producer Roger Dobkowitz.

ClockGameJohn

TPiR 1/8
« Reply #2 on: January 08, 2004, 07:19:05 PM »
It was in fact Roger Dobkowitz.  Roger greets each and every contestant as they leave the stage with a big smile, win or lose.

Card Shark

TPiR 1/8
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2004, 06:57:53 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Jan 8 2004, 02:02 PM\'] I don't find this game related, but following the first pricing game, as the contestant walked off the stage, for a split second, you could see another guy directing him off stage. It really only showed half the guy's body, but I'm sure it was just the camera panning a tad too far.  

My question is, who was the guy? [/quote]
 This shot caught my eye as well and not because someone was directing the contestant. Usually after Bob makes his little shpiel about how he'll be back after the message, they either show a still shot of the contestant's face when s/he wins or loses or fade to black. This time, we were treated to a post win reaction shot. This is either a new thing, as Randy West has mentioned that they have been experimenting with new camera angles during the showcase showdown or it was just a mistake. Either way, I thought it was a good touch.
Adam Strom

Robert Hutchinson

TPiR 1/8
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2004, 08:45:37 AM »
[quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 06:57 AM\']This time, we were treated to a post win reaction shot. This is either a new thing, as Randy West has mentioned that they have been experimenting with new camera angles during the showcase showdown or it was just a mistake. Either way, I thought it was a good touch.[/quote]
It was neither--they've done this before with contestants who are especially happy about winning.
Visit my CB radio at www.twitter.com/ertchin

HSquares2003

TPiR 1/8
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2004, 10:53:08 AM »
[quote name=\'Robert Hutchinson\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 08:45 AM\'][quote name=\'Card Shark\' date=\'Jan 9 2004, 06:57 AM\']This time, we were treated to a post win reaction shot. This is either a new thing, as Randy West has mentioned that they have been experimenting with new camera angles during the showcase showdown or it was just a mistake. Either way, I thought it was a good touch.[/quote]
It was neither--they've done this before with contestants who are especially happy about winning.[/quote]
Yeah, and some of the *BIGGER* contestants who would like to hug Bob are usually directed by Bob to hug Roger instead :-)