Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Colby Burnett (J! Champ) to appear on King of the Nerds  (Read 4330 times)

Kevin Prather

Re: Colby Burnett (J! Champ) to appear on King of the Nerds
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2014, 12:08:22 AM »
As a fan of KotN, I'm pleasantly surprised by this and am looking forward to it.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2014, 12:24:13 AM »
I know next to nothing about this program, but it makes my heart happy to see that Robert Carradine and Curtis Armstrong are the hosts.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2014, 12:26:37 AM »
As a fan of Colby Burnett, I shall make a point to download every week.

/Chris; it's a standard issue reality show. Teams compete in a challenge; the winners get a reward and immunity. Two of the losing team are voted into a Terminator challenge. Eventually somebody wins the whole deal and $100,000.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2014, 12:41:37 AM »
/Chris; it's a standard issue reality show.

I assumed as much. It just tickled me greatly that Lewis and Booger were at the helm.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Kevin Prather

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2014, 03:45:16 PM »
Yep. Just think Big Brother for nerds. (And I, of course, use the term lovingly.)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2014, 03:59:42 PM »
Yep. Just think Big Brother for nerds. (And I, of course, use the term lovingly.)
That's not so far off. I remember watching the first series and enjoying it to some degree, but seeing that the jackpot would be awarded via a final Tribal Council irked me because that hadn't been hinted at to any degree. Before that point every elimination was who did poorer in the elimination game.

(So one thing; if Colby's "aura" chafes other people, he can expect to be thrown into that elimination game repeatedly, and I don't know if he can win the whole show with his particular attitude/front. It will surely be entertaining to watch at that.)
Travis L. Eberle

weaklink75

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2014, 05:08:26 PM »
That's not so far off. I remember watching the first series and enjoying it to some degree, but seeing that the jackpot would be awarded via a final Tribal Council irked me because that hadn't been hinted at to any degree. Before that point every elimination was who did poorer in the elimination game.

The producers of the show noted all the objections to that and changed things for season 2- the final competition was a series of 8 challenges (break a code, solve some math problems, complete a Pac-Man level, etc.), the finalists had 20 minutes to complete as many as possible. The eliminated contestants still had a part to play- they each picked the person who they wanted to see win, and each finalist could ask for help on any three challenges- but they could only choose from the people who had backed them.