Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes  (Read 66490 times)

daveromanjr

Re: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes
« Reply #90 on: September 08, 2014, 05:18:15 PM »

Oh it was sarcasm.  Read this statement out loud: And apparently it's a hard role for him to play if his Wiki bio is any indicator...he is a dancer and has to fight the urge to get out of the wheelchair.  Really, read that out loud and try to not find something sarcastic to say about this fact.

I wouldn't find the need to in the first place. It was unnecessary and I didn't appreciate it.
That's a shame.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #91 on: September 08, 2014, 05:24:37 PM »
That's a shame.
For whatever you find it to be worth, I'm right there with you on every count.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #92 on: September 08, 2014, 05:27:50 PM »
In Philly, the game show lineup is pretty much the same as last year except for the addition of Celebrity Name Game Thursdays and Fridays from 8 to 9, Saturdays at 10:30 and Sundays from 9 to 10.
Oops, my fault.  It looks like Millionaire and a rerun of Jeopardy! will be on at 2PM on WPVI, up against Steve Harvey.
Some of the ABC O&Os are experimenting with putting those two syndie games in the 2PM slot and moving General Hospital back to its old 3PM slot. Interesting strategy.

Who else besides NYC and Philly are doing that?

I noticed that in LA KABC finally jumped on the Millionaire train.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

PYLdude

« Reply #93 on: September 08, 2014, 05:28:32 PM »

Oh it was sarcasm.  Read this statement out loud: And apparently it's a hard role for him to play if his Wiki bio is any indicator...he is a dancer and has to fight the urge to get out of the wheelchair.  Really, read that out loud and try to not find something sarcastic to say about this fact.

I wouldn't find the need to in the first place. It was unnecessary and I didn't appreciate it.
That's a shame.

Nice apology.

Now THAT'S sarcasm.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

BrandonFG

« Reply #94 on: September 08, 2014, 05:42:59 PM »
Is this really worth getting so offended over? I thought it was pretty clear Dave was just making a little jab, not a personal attack.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

« Reply #95 on: September 08, 2014, 05:51:47 PM »
Is this really worth getting so offended over? I thought it was pretty clear Dave was just making a little jab, not a personal attack.

If I did the same thing I doubt the same consideration would've been given. That's part of why I was offended.

And I really don't want to discuss this any further.

snowpeck

« Reply #96 on: September 08, 2014, 07:31:02 PM »
In Philly, the game show lineup is pretty much the same as last year except for the addition of Celebrity Name Game Thursdays and Fridays from 8 to 9, Saturdays at 10:30 and Sundays from 9 to 10.
Oops, my fault.  It looks like Millionaire and a rerun of Jeopardy! will be on at 2PM on WPVI, up against Steve Harvey.
Some of the ABC O&Os are experimenting with putting those two syndie games in the 2PM slot and moving General Hospital back to its old 3PM slot. Interesting strategy.

Who else besides NYC and Philly are doing that?

I noticed that in LA KABC finally jumped on the Millionaire train.
WTVD in Raleigh Durham seems to be the only other one specifically putting Millionaire and Jeopardy in that slot, but several others are still delaying General Hospital by an hour and putting other shows in its former slot.

http://www.soapoperanetwork.com/2014/08/general-hospital-time-slot-switch-affected-station-fall-afternoon-lineups
« Last Edit: September 08, 2014, 07:41:23 PM by snowpeck »
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Kevin Prather

« Reply #97 on: September 08, 2014, 08:11:33 PM »
If I did the same thing I doubt the same consideration would've been given. That's part of why I was offended.

Everyone check off "Taking his ball and going home" on the Palmer Bingo card.

PYLdude

« Reply #98 on: September 08, 2014, 09:32:03 PM »

Everyone check off "Taking his ball and going home" on the Palmer Bingo card.

What part of "I don't want to discuss this any further" was in a language other than English?

WTVD in Raleigh Durham seems to be the only other one specifically putting Millionaire and Jeopardy in that slot, but several others are still delaying General Hospital by an hour and putting other shows in its former slot.

KABC seems to be doing that as well, except leaving GH where it was and plugging Terry and Alex in place of Katie.

And WLS airs Jeopardy in first run in the afternoon still, right?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #99 on: September 08, 2014, 09:35:33 PM »
What part of "I don't want to discuss this any further" was in a language other than English?
Good for you. Let me know when you become a moderator, and I'll start letting you dictate what I post. Till then, cry me a river.

PYLdude

« Reply #100 on: September 08, 2014, 09:40:00 PM »
Good for you. Let me know when you become a moderator, and I'll start letting you dictate what I post. Till then, cry me a river.

Enough. Move on.

TimK2003

« Reply #101 on: September 08, 2014, 09:47:45 PM »
Western CO (MDT):

The station combo of CBS/KREX, Fox/KFQX and KGJT/MyNetwork (all under the same broadcasting roof) have been good for game shows, while the other -- KKCO/NBC -- keeps rolling with the J!/Wheel Combo:

DAILY:

9AM:   Family Feud -- KREX
9:30:  Family Feud -- KREX
10AM: Price Is Right -- KREX
1PM:   Let's Make A Deal -- KREX
3PM:   Celebrity Name Game -- KGJT
3:30:  Celebrity Name Game -- KGJT
5PM:   Family Feud -- KFQX
5:30:  Family Feud -- KFQX
6PM:   Millionaire -- KFQX or Jeopardy -- KKCO
6:30:  Millionaire -- KFQX or Wheel Of Fortune -- KKCO

SUNDAY
(At least the next 2 Sundays):

12:30:   Celebrity Name Game -- KGJT
1PM:      Celebrity Name Game -- KGJT

Not bad when you have the potential to watch up to 31 hours of game shows live every week.  But can one really stomach 10 hours of shows with unnecessary penis answers a week?

PYLdude

« Reply #102 on: September 08, 2014, 09:51:48 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that the dick joke excuse is getting way too overblown and largely misused?

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #103 on: September 08, 2014, 10:11:21 PM »
Am I the only one who thinks that the dick joke excuse is getting way too overblown and largely misused?
Yes. It's hardly as bad as it was two years ago. Most of the funny things that made me laugh last season were dumb contestants and Steve's reactions thereafter. His overdrawn reactions is a conversation for another place and time.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

PYLdude

« Reply #104 on: September 08, 2014, 10:20:38 PM »
Yes. It's hardly as bad as it was two years ago. Most of the funny things that made me laugh last season were dumb contestants and Steve's reactions thereafter. His overdrawn reactions is a conversation for another place and time.

Those can get a little annoying but I find them all part of the charm. The reactions that is. Dumb answers are always going to be what makes Feud the most fun to watch and they definitely have been having those lately.

What bugs me is the random judging that's been going on as to where certain things are accepted as similar where they wouldn't be before. That plus Steve rushes through a lot of things (does this a lot in Fast Money).