Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes  (Read 66536 times)

tyshaun1

Re: 2014-15 schedules and timeslot/station changes
« Reply #105 on: September 08, 2014, 10:27:32 PM »
That plus Steve rushes through a lot of things (does this a lot in Fast Money).

That show is so heavily edited that it's hard to tell what is rushed and what is not.

Tyshaun

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #106 on: September 08, 2014, 10:29:54 PM »
That plus Steve rushes through a lot of things (does this a lot in Fast Money).

That show is so heavily edited that it's hard to tell what is rushed and what is not.

Tyshaun

Sure doesn't seem that way on FM's end. Steve doesn't take much time to get it over and done with and just feels like he wants to get it done.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #107 on: September 08, 2014, 11:46:38 PM »
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

trainman

« Reply #108 on: September 09, 2014, 12:53:42 AM »
KABC seems to be doing that as well, except leaving GH where it was and plugging Terry and Alex in place of Katie.

Actually, they'd had GH in the 1:00 slot, with Dr. Oz at 2:00 -- so KABC, too, is moving GH back to its previous time slot.  (Dr. Oz has switched to KTTV.)

I'd say CBS/King World is a big "winner" this fall, getting the J! double-run onto most of the ABC O&O's after having a relationship with the station group for so long.
trainman is a man of trains

PYLdude

« Reply #109 on: September 09, 2014, 01:00:25 AM »
KABC seems to be doing that as well, except leaving GH where it was and plugging Terry and Alex in place of Katie.

Actually, they'd had GH in the 1:00 slot, with Dr. Oz at 2:00 -- so KABC, too, is moving GH back to its previous time slot.  (Dr. Oz has switched to KTTV.)

I'd say CBS/King World is a big "winner" this fall, getting the J! double-run onto most of the ABC O&O's after having a relationship with the station group for so long.

And they sure are promoting the hell out of it, at least Sony is.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Kevin Prather

« Reply #110 on: September 09, 2014, 01:05:00 AM »
What part of "I don't want to discuss this any further" was in a language other than English?
Good for you. Let me know when you become a moderator, and I'll start letting you dictate what I post. Till then, cry me a river.

Enough. Move on.
What part of "Let me know when you become a moderator" was in a language other than English?

PYLdude

« Reply #111 on: September 09, 2014, 01:50:37 AM »
What part of "I don't want to discuss this any further" was in a language other than English?
Good for you. Let me know when you become a moderator, and I'll start letting you dictate what I post. Till then, cry me a river.

Enough. Move on.
What part of "Let me know when you become a moderator" was in a language other than English?

Keep talking to that brick wall then. I'm talking about the topic. You wanna join me in doing so, feel free.

Kevin Prather

« Reply #112 on: September 09, 2014, 02:42:36 AM »
Keep talking to that brick wall then.
You acknowledge this finally. Good enough.

SwohS Emag

« Reply #113 on: September 09, 2014, 09:57:37 AM »
For those who live in markets that use the "CW Plus" programming service (usually DMAs 100+), "The Game Plane" will air on Sundays at Noon ET, starting Sept. 20.  Single run, 40 episodes were made:  20 inbound to Las Vegas, 4 inbound to Honolulu, and 16 inbound to Orlando.

Charlottesville, Virginia DMA:
9am, 9:30am - Millionaire (WCAV)
10am - LMAD (WCAV)
11am - TPIR (WCAV)
7pm - WOF (WVIR)
7:30pm - Jeopardy (WVIR)

Absolutely no sign of Celebrity Name Game or of Family Feud.  Feud was previously airing on WCAV at 9am, but just yesterday the double-run of WWTBAM was implemented and Feud removed.

I wonder if this has something to do with Debmar Mercury.   I'm frankly baffled that Feud is currently airing nowhere at all in the DMA, despite its national ratings success and quadruple runs in other parts of the country. 

WCAV is owned by Gray Television.  Could anyone provide any insight on this matter?

polo23

« Reply #114 on: September 09, 2014, 03:51:44 PM »
For Detroit, WWJ-TV will be airing Celebrity Name Game at 12pm and 2:35am.
Who Wants To Be A Millionaire will air at 2:07am.

tyshaun1

« Reply #115 on: September 10, 2014, 12:54:35 AM »
(Some details may change in the 2-to-3 weeks after this post, but here's what I've been able to gather at this point in time:)

Huntsville-Decatur-Florence, AL market:

WHDF-CW-15
4:00pm - Who Wants to Be a Millionaire (double run, both current season, no change from last season - other than the host, of course;) )

WHNT-CBS-19
9:00am - Let's Make a Deal (now in HD, no change in time slot)
10:00am - The Price Is Right (no change)

WAAY-ABC-31
2:00pm - Jeopardy! year-ago repeat (moved from 4:30pm)
6:00pm - Jeopardy! first run (no change)

WAFF-NBC-48
6:30pm - Wheel of Fortune (no change)

WZDX-Fox-54
3:00pm - Family Feud (double run, no change)

WZDX DT2-MyNetworkTV-54.2
6:00pm - Family Feud (double run, repeated from 3 hours earlier on the main channel, new addition)

It looks as though Celebrity Name Game (as per its website) and Let's Ask America will not air in this market (though WAFF, owned by Raycom, still has a TBA for the 11:30am slot occupied through the end of this week by the now-canceled America Now; the new Raycom-mandated shows will air in the 2:00pm hour.)

Add Celebrity Name Game to the the WHNT lineup at 1:35 AM.

Tyshaun

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
« Reply #116 on: September 10, 2014, 01:37:24 PM »

WHNT-CBS-19
9:00am - Let's Make a Deal (now in HD, no change in time slot)
10:00am - The Price Is Right (no change)

It looks as though Celebrity Name Game (as per its website)...will not air in this market

Add Celebrity Name Game to the the WHNT lineup at 1:35 AM.

Tyshaun

Ah, thanks. 

It actually makes sense, since WHNT is owned by Tribune Broadcasting - one of Name Game's primary buyers.  Another relevant detail, though I didn't realize it at the time, was the station making OK TV exclusive to the Antenna TV subchannel (the three entertainment/tabloid shows that run post-CraigyFerg, Inside Edition, Access Hollywood, and - until now - OK, have their first airings in prime access or late primetime on the subchannel (which, along with Cold Case Files, a replay of Steve Harvey, and a 9pm newscast, preempt Antenna's entire primetime schedule)).

For the record, the other station owners here are: Lockwood (WHDF), Calkins (WAAY), and Grant (soon to be Nexstar, WZDX) - some posters here from Philadelphia and/or Miami might be familiar with the latter (current) one.
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
« Reply #117 on: September 10, 2014, 01:41:41 PM »
Re: my reply to tyshawn1

From now through my (and Alyssa Milano's ;) ) birthday, Craig Ferguson will lead out of, and back into, CBS's overnight schedule on WHNT (and as far as I can tell, Tribune's other CBS affiliates).
Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

SwohS Emag

« Reply #118 on: September 10, 2014, 03:10:02 PM »
For those of us in Memphis, "rural" Virginia, and other places that will not receive Celebrity Name Game locally, is there anything we can do to be able to watch it?

I'd appreciate any advice over PM or otherwise.  I'm just really saddened I will miss out, since I was really looking forward to this.

/Maybe I will learn that I'm not missing much after everyone else sees the premiere?

chad1m

« Reply #119 on: September 10, 2014, 06:37:45 PM »
The Game Plane now has an official website, so you can see where/if it airs in your market/area/viewing circumference.