Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Late nighters in syndication...  (Read 65968 times)

jimlangefan

Re: Late nighters in syndication...
« Reply #90 on: February 06, 2015, 04:08:53 PM »
i know that  "American Gladiators" was always late night on my abc station WLOS expect for the spring and summer of 1992 when it was at 7:00

In my area, KCNC Channel 4 in Denver, "American Gladiators" came on after "Saturday Night Live"
TV's Big Dealer

danderson

« Reply #91 on: February 06, 2015, 04:30:14 PM »
yep both of us got ag late night

danderson

« Reply #92 on: February 07, 2015, 10:35:14 AM »
are you sure that TTD 90 was on WYFF because i faintly remember the Martindale version of TTD aring on WLOS

BrandonFG

« Reply #93 on: February 07, 2015, 12:32:43 PM »
are you sure that TTD 90 was on WYFF because i faintly remember the Martindale version of TTD aring on WLOS
That doesn't mean anything. Revivals of shows air on different networks all the time, and shows switch affiliates during their original run as well.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #94 on: February 07, 2015, 01:43:15 PM »
From what I was told, AG's first season aired in late night on WNBC. Of all people, my mom was the fan at first because she was working a second job on weekends.at the time.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

danderson

« Reply #95 on: February 07, 2015, 01:43:29 PM »
would 9:30 am be a better slot than late night for a show like TTD 90

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #96 on: February 07, 2015, 01:47:32 PM »
From what I was told, AG's first season aired in late night on WNBC. Of all people, my mom was the fan at first because she was working a second job on weekends.at the time.

Here in Los Angeles it debuted on September 9 on KHJ (three months before it changed to KCAL) on Saturday Afternoons.

BrandonFG

« Reply #97 on: February 07, 2015, 01:49:39 PM »
would 9:30 am be a better slot than late night for a show like TTD 90
No. A timeslot doesn't make a show better or worse, although it's not a good sign if several program directors are opting for late night slots. But no, the show was terrible; putting it on in the morning wasn't going to change that.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

danderson

« Reply #98 on: February 08, 2015, 05:46:21 AM »
question is there a way to research where shows aired in my market in this  case greenville anderson  asheville?

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #99 on: February 08, 2015, 06:43:43 AM »
question is there a way to research where shows aired in my market in this  case greenville anderson  asheville?

Go to your local library and make a beeline for the microfilm room.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

danderson

« Reply #100 on: February 08, 2015, 07:10:12 AM »
i use the herald journal archives from google news

danderson

« Reply #101 on: February 09, 2015, 03:19:18 PM »
i know hosts where on certain    stations in my market
perry and woolery were on 4 woolery was also on 7 with lc bill rafferty was on 4 so was nispey russell and patrick wayne and bob hilton and monty hall
sajak adamle ceflao trebek theismann and hall and martindale were on 13?i think jack barry was on 13 too but not sure also add csonka
barker eubanks finn kennedy clark kennedy tomarken and carey on 7? might also add jim lange he was on 7 art james was too

chrisholland03

« Reply #102 on: February 09, 2015, 03:47:47 PM »
i know hosts where on certain    stations in my market
perry and woolery were on 4 woolery was also on 7 with lc bill rafferty was on 4 so was nispey russell and patrick wayne and bob hilton and monty hall
sajak adamle ceflao trebek theismann and hall and martindale were on 13?i think jack barry was on 13 too but not sure also add csonka
barker eubanks finn kennedy clark kennedy tomarken and carey on 7? might also add jim lange he was on 7 art james was too

Dude...punctuation and capitalization would really benefit your contributions here.

danderson

« Reply #103 on: February 09, 2015, 03:56:40 PM »
oh thanks i will do that from now on

danderson

« Reply #104 on: February 09, 2015, 03:58:36 PM »
was "American Gladiators" always intended to air in a late night slot? the reason i ask is that i have read some articles that say that