Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: June 2-6: Price Is Right "Socially Awesome Week"  (Read 12422 times)

Thunder

Re: June 2-6: Price Is Right "Socially Awesome Week"
« Reply #15 on: June 03, 2014, 01:25:52 PM »
I stand corrected. I was under the assumption that they were doing this as the taping was happening.

20 to 30 replies? Good lord. I've had way more than that on a single tweet and I only run a small blog about SouthsideVA. That's pretty sad.

cmjb13

« Reply #16 on: June 03, 2014, 04:47:10 PM »
After coming across a video of this dance, I can honestly say it was one of the dumbest things I've seen this new regime do. I know it's harmless, but why does it seem that stuff that is supposed to be "hip" and "cool" come across as "dumb" and "uncool?"
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

cmjb13

« Reply #17 on: June 04, 2014, 01:03:32 PM »
I stand corrected. I was under the assumption that they were doing this as the taping was happening.

20 to 30 replies? Good lord. I've had way more than that on a single tweet and I only run a small blog about SouthsideVA. That's pretty sad.
They, like seemingly every other TV show and business, completely overestimate the effectiveness of it and how many people actually use it.
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

chad1m

« Reply #18 on: June 04, 2014, 02:01:44 PM »
Today's second screen experience was pretty incredible. Not only did it include alternate angles and control room/production/backstage discussions, but many of the games had post-interviews with the contestants describing what was going through their mind intertwined with the game playing on TV. Very well done, I thought it added a lot to the program.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #19 on: June 04, 2014, 02:02:18 PM »
Today's second screen experience was pretty incredible. Not only did it include alternate angles and control room/production/backstage discussions, but many of the games had post-interviews with the contestants describing what was going through their mind intertwined with the game playing on TV. Very well done, I thought it added a lot to the program.
How would that work with time-shifting?
Travis L. Eberle

chad1m

« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2014, 02:16:21 PM »
How would that work with time-shifting?
I don't know that it will, since I don't know if the whole hour will be archived. On the East Coast, I synced my DVR'd program with the 10am PT West Coast stream and it worked fine. But if they do archive the whole thing, just hit play as soon as you see Drew's happy face on your TV screen.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2014, 02:43:00 PM »
CBS archives their second-screen experiences at all? I didn't know *anybody* did that.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

chad1m

« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2014, 03:40:58 PM »
And here it is, the whole "three hours." (The entire stream, with ET and PT streams, so only the first hour is relevant.)

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2014, 09:24:25 AM »
Seconded. It really makes you appreciate how much work and coordination has to go into making Price run so smoothly. The fact that they do that with minimal stop down makes it even more impressive. It would have  been interesting to see how the situation with the female showcase contestant would have been handled had her wording made her the loser.

I honestly wouldn't mind seeing this happen again.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

pianogeek

• LET'S PLAY!
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2014, 10:21:06 AM »
Much respect to Stage Manager Doug Quick, his co-SM's, and the CBS stagehands.  The behind-the-scenes clips definitely showed that they are the best in the biz.
-Sanford

TimK2003

« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2014, 02:43:08 PM »
The split screen presentation was a real treat.  Kind of reminded me of how they did parts of the LMAD  "Deal" documentary back in the 70s.  Got a little confusing to watch at times, but that's what makes it legit. 

I see that those remain in CR now get $300 for consolation, and some TpIR mysteries were revealed.  But what does that extra audience get after the show as a door prize that George was mentioning?

Prizes

• Both a miner and a hoe
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2014, 03:31:04 PM »
The door prize, eligible for all audience members not called to come on down, is $100 cash, or at least it was in previous years. I remember this if only because someone on a certain Price fan page won it a few years back, at their taping.
Owner of WOF fan site buyavowel.boards.net
Didn't like scuba diving school. Too many fights.
~Jessica Brand

tvmitch

« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2014, 03:37:11 PM »
I see that those remain in CR now get $300 for consolation
That's an interesting tidbit. Not a bad parting gift at all. One could argue that the $300 is a better prize than a contestant who ends up winning a crummy one-bid prize and does not win their game or SSD.

Not that there are as many crummy one-bid prizes anymore, but anyway.
You should follow me on Twitter

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2014, 03:43:01 PM »
It would be interesting to watch a whole week of episodes and to chart how many times you would want the one-bid. Not that you could flip it for cash or give it as a gift to someone but that you would accept it and use it.
Travis L. Eberle

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2014, 04:24:58 AM »
As a TV geek (what I went to school for), I really enjoyed the behind-the-scenes video.  It made me miss broadcasting a bit, but I really did enjoy watching it and appreciate all that goes into the show.  I'm really glad that they did this.