Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Who here remembers "The Password Four"?  (Read 3732 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

Who here remembers "The Password Four"?
« on: May 06, 2014, 08:40:07 PM »
During the first few years of GSN, they would have a two-hour block of all the versions of Password that they had called "The Password Four". It was on every Saturday and Sunday. They would first show two episodes of classic Password; the second showing was called "Password II: The Sequel", then they would show Password Plus and Super Password.

Unfortunately, I didn't know that the B&W CBS Daytime and ABC Daytime versions had been lost to history, save for a few episodes. But if they had existed, I'm pretty sure "Password I" would have been virtually every episode of both daytime and nighttime editions of the 1961-1967 series, and "Password II: The Sequel" would have been virtually every episode of the 1971-1975 ABC Daytime version.
« Last Edit: May 06, 2014, 08:43:56 PM by Vahan_Nisanian »

Winkfan

Re: Who here remembers "The Password Four"?
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2014, 08:50:06 PM »
During the first few years of GSN, they would have a two-hour block of all the versions of Password that they had called "The Password Four". It was on every Saturday and Sunday...I'm pretty sure "Password I" would have been virtually every episode of both daytime and nighttime editions of the 1961-1967 series, and "Password II: The Sequel" would have been virtually every episode of the 1971-1975 ABC Daytime version.

My "woman's intuition" says that "PW I" was a black-and-white episode from the original run, and "PW II" was also from the same run but in "living color."

If I'm wrong, may Wayne Howell's ghost be invited to my apartment...

Cordially,
Tammy
"I've never stopped. I've never changed. I never did anything else."
- The Real Don Steele (1936-1997)

Johnissoevil

Re: Who here remembers "The Password Four"?
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2014, 02:45:16 AM »
My "woman's intuition" says that "PW I" was a black-and-white episode from the original run, and "PW II" was also from the same run but in "living color."

If I'm wrong, may Wayne Howell's ghost be invited to my apartment...

Cordially,
Tammy

You're actually correct.  They did this block every weekend until GSN lost the rights to the show along with the rest of the Goodson-Todman library.  After they regained the rights to the library 6 months later, I had always hoped they'd revive the Password 4 block, but they never did.  Great memories of the late 90s, for sure.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15