Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: NEW BOOKS: This Day in Game Show History Vol. 1-4  (Read 14347 times)

Adam Nedeff

Re: NEW BOOKS: This Day in Game Show History Vol. 1-4
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2014, 11:54:20 PM »

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2014, 01:30:25 AM »
Thanks for the update, Adam--one quick question for you before I buy.  I was looking at the preview of the Kindle version and noticed the following weirdness in the January entry on WoF:
Griffin watched him delivering the weather one night and was struck by a particularly subtle prank that Pat Stafford's spot was filled by Vanna White, a South-Carolina born model...

Any idea if that's just something in the Amazon preview itself or if it's present that way in the actual Kindle version (which might indicate poor translation/input on the publisher's part)?
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #17 on: June 28, 2014, 01:54:57 AM »
That one's kind of on me. Here's why. I had the original Word doc. proofread THOROUGHLY. When the PDFs of the finished books were sent to me, they asked me to proofread everything and make sure it was error-free. I really just skimmed the PDFs because everything was correct in the Word docs, and if everything was correct in the Word docs, then everything was going to be correct in the PDFs. Right?

Right?

EDIT: Actually, more clarification. I described the prank completely in Volume 4. Somewhere along the way, I decided there was no reason to write about it twice, so I asked for the prank to be deleted from Volume 1. It still falls on me for not making sure that the edit was done more cleanly, but that's what happened. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
« Last Edit: June 28, 2014, 02:01:36 AM by Adam Nedeff »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #18 on: June 28, 2014, 12:17:29 PM »
I'm so glad that an actual show-used question from Camouflage made it to the book.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #19 on: June 28, 2014, 01:18:20 PM »
Adam, I noticed Volume 2 is now available in Kindle form. Does this mean 3 and 4 are in the process of being converted or do we still need to harp on your publisher through the links on the Amazon pages?

(Also, for those who have concerns about poor Kindle work on the publishing side: I would say don't. There were a couple of minor issues with Quizmaster when it first shipped for the Kindle, but I found the publisher to be incredibly receptive to fixing them and shipping an updated version of the book (which then automatically updates on your device the next time it connects to Whispernet).

It's totally valid to have conversion concerns, especially when dealing with boutique publishers, which is why I'm happy to vouch for these guys.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #20 on: June 28, 2014, 01:55:03 PM »
No harping needed. The entire set will be released (publisher initially trolled me by saying they'd be published one essay at a time) for Nook and Kindle. Audiobooks will also eventually be coming for iTunes. And thanks!

clemon79

« Reply #21 on: June 28, 2014, 02:03:26 PM »
Oh, that's excellent news!

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #22 on: June 28, 2014, 09:49:02 PM »
Thanks to both Chris and Adam for your replies--what Chris mentioned is exactly what I was afraid of, so it's good to hear these folks are pretty good.  Off to separate me from my money...
Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

curtking

« Reply #25 on: July 14, 2014, 01:11:37 PM »
For all of you Kindle people, all four volumes are on sale for $3.49 each.  You can't beat that with a stick.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00LC9BRQO

EDIT: Thanks, Chris -- the URL is simplified now.  I should have known better than just to paste it directly from Chrome.

Curt
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 09:12:10 PM by curtking »

clemon79

« Reply #26 on: July 14, 2014, 05:22:48 PM »
For all of you Kindle people, all four volumes are on sale for $3.49 each.

Holy crap, thanks for the tip! :)
« Last Edit: July 14, 2014, 11:22:52 PM by clemon79 »

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #27 on: July 14, 2014, 07:09:40 PM »
Perfect timing.  I have what will probably end up being a three-hour school board meeting to tape tonight, which essentially means three hours of utter boredom, and I don't carry the hard copies with me.  (Unlike Quizmaster, which is always on my person.)
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Mr. Armadillo

« Reply #28 on: July 14, 2014, 10:54:15 PM »
Perfect timing for me as well.  I just ordered a Paperwhite last week, and was looking for something to put on it so I'd actually have something to do with it when it arrives in a couple days.

curtking

« Reply #29 on: July 15, 2014, 10:34:01 AM »
And one more...

Norm Blumenthal's book "When Game Shows Ruled Daytime TV" is reduced to $3.49!

http://www.amazon.com/When-Game-Shows-Ruled-Daytime-ebook/dp/B004E10WBS

Curt