Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Games Show Theme CD's  (Read 12144 times)

PeterMarshallFan

Games Show Theme CD's
« Reply #30 on: January 02, 2004, 09:38:09 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 2 2004, 10:28 PM\']
I've never seen Gong '88 [I probably should be glad] but the Encyclopedia credits Joey Carbone with the theme from that version.

And you should also be glad that Varese didn't use the Gong '88 theme on the 2nd CD...that was their original plan. :-)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 I figured as much. :-)

ObGameShow: When Charlie O' was taking questions at Wheel, someone brought up Gong and Charlie mentioned his stint announcing the Don Bleu version, and also mentioned it was being revived [an allusion to the Jeffery Ross-hosted version that never came to light, most likely]

gameshowguy2000

Games Show Theme CD's
« Reply #31 on: January 02, 2004, 10:37:24 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 2 2004, 08:32 PM\']
Lee Ringuette was much like Stan Blits--he selected the music, supervised any edits or remixing and cued the audio men during tapings--but he wasn't a composer or arranger.

So can we also assume that Ringuette didn't compose the PYL music package? (Don't recall offhand what his credit read)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby") [/quote]
 I've found out by watching PYL, as well as downloading both the Opening and Closing themes from 80stvthemes.com: The composer IS Lee Ringuette.

tyshaun1

Games Show Theme CD's
« Reply #32 on: January 03, 2004, 12:05:16 AM »
His credit on PYL was "Music Supervisor", just like Stan Blits' is on TPIR. So, in effect, this would mean that Score Productions more than likely composed and performed the music on PYL, which is odd, since PYL's theme sounds NOTHING like any other Score theme from around that era.  Lee Ringuette probably approved the theme, as well as the BGM for the Whammies....... at least until Byl Carruthers took over a little while into the run.

Tyshaun

Don Howard

Games Show Theme CD's
« Reply #33 on: January 03, 2004, 12:30:20 AM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jan 2 2004, 09:38 PM\'] When Charlie O' was taking questions at Wheel, someone brought up Gong and Charlie mentioned his stint announcing the Don Bleu version [/quote]
 Isn't that where he met his current wife?

cmjb13

Games Show Theme CD's
« Reply #34 on: January 03, 2004, 06:00:00 AM »
[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Jan 2 2004, 08:52 PM\'] Stan is not a musician and did not compose, arrange, conduct or otherwise act as "musical director" for Classic Concentration or any of the other shows he's worked on.[/quote]
And CC is one of his favorites
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

PeterMarshallFan

Games Show Theme CD's
« Reply #35 on: January 03, 2004, 11:06:03 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 01:30 AM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Jan 2 2004, 09:38 PM\'] When Charlie O' was taking questions at Wheel, someone brought up Gong and Charlie mentioned his stint announcing the Don Bleu version [/quote]
Isn't that where he met his current wife? [/quote]
 To tell the truth, I honestly don't know. He made no mention of it.

gameshowguy2000

Games Show Theme CD's
« Reply #36 on: January 03, 2004, 04:38:26 PM »
Speaking of Charlie O' and PYL, I found out that he was a sub-announcer for PYL. Is this true?

Because, out of all the episodes GSN has got, there has been only one sub-announcer so far, and he's John Harlan.

zachhoran

Games Show Theme CD's
« Reply #37 on: January 03, 2004, 07:38:09 PM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 04:38 PM\'] Speaking of Charlie O' and PYL, I found out that he was a sub-announcer for PYL. Is this true?

Because, out of all the episodes GSN has got, there has been only one sub-announcer so far, and he's John Harlan. [/quote]
 John Harlan announced a couple of weeks in Fall 1984, and GSN has aired those episodes a few times. GSN hasn't aired the Charlie O'Donnell-announced PYL shows as they are from Spring 1986, and I don't think GSN has acquired episodes that far into the run as yet.

Don Howard

Games Show Theme CD's
« Reply #38 on: January 03, 2004, 09:00:17 PM »
[quote name=\'zachhoran\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 07:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 04:38 PM\'] Speaking of Charlie O' and PYL, I found out that he was a sub-announcer for PYL. Is this true?

Because, out of all the episodes GSN has got, there has been only one sub-announcer so far, and he's John Harlan. [/quote]
John Harlan announced a couple of weeks in Fall 1984, and GSN has aired those episodes a few times. GSN hasn't aired the Charlie O'Donnell-announced PYL shows as they are from Spring 1986, and I don't think GSN has acquired episodes that far into the run as yet. [/quote]
 Charlie O. was even put on camera a couple of times during his guest-announcing tenure. John never was. The last times I saw John Harlan on camera were during The Mrs. America Pageant hosted by Peter Marshall in the mid-1980s as he drove the winner's car on stage. Also, after being heard many times as "Radio Announcer" he was at last shown as a TV news anchor on General Hospital.

uncamark

Games Show Theme CD's
« Reply #39 on: January 04, 2004, 04:19:39 PM »
[quote name=\'ChuckNet\' date=\'Jan 2 2004, 09:32 PM\']
Lee Ringuette was much like Stan Blits--he selected the music, supervised any edits or remixing and cued the audio men during tapings--but he wasn't a composer or arranger.

So can we also assume that Ringuette didn't compose the PYL music package? (Don't recall offhand what his credit read)

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")[/quote]
He was "Music Coordinator"--the same credit he held at Barris.

In the shows that are running now on GSN, he's been replaced by one Byl Carruthers.  Gosh, could he be any relation to the producer?

DYosua

Games Show Theme CD's
« Reply #40 on: January 05, 2004, 05:06:30 PM »
Searching the BMI's Repertoire database, it says that Bob Israel wrote the opening/closing themes plus some background cues.  Byl Carruthers is also credited with background cues, as well as some of the Whammy music (some of the titles listed are "Give Back the Money", "I Stop for Whammys", "Whammador", "Tammy's Debut", etc...).
« Last Edit: January 05, 2004, 05:06:42 PM by DYosua »