The Game Show Forum > The Big Board

Game Show Home Games/Video Games Thread

<< < (83/190) > >>

Joe Mello:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on March 08, 2019, 12:22:23 PM ---Far and away the cheaper solution would be two standard dice, two different colors, and a card in the box that says "Red 1 White 1: $500. Red 1 White 2: Bankrupt." and such.

--- End quote ---

You don't even have to do multi colored dice at that point. You can just have 2 dice and the card. As an example, you could put Bankrupt on 2 and 12, Lose a Turn on 3, and so on.

TLEberle:
If I wanted to roll dice that badly I'd play Can't Stop or Stone Age. If I wanted to play Wheel of Fortune but the spinner had fallen into a vortex I would grab four blank dice from Game Crafter, mark them up appropriately, grab a bag of holding and draw/roll one die for each spin.

/but I wouldn't do any of that because I kept a spinner from each of the 1980s versions of the home game.

clemon79:

--- Quote from: Joe Mello on March 08, 2019, 12:56:11 PM ---You don't even have to do multi colored dice at that point. You can just have 2 dice and the card. As an example, you could put Bankrupt on 2 and 12, Lose a Turn on 3, and so on.

--- End quote ---

Yes. Your wheel has 11 wedges. (And the seventh is fully 1/6th of the wheel.) Mine has 36. (Or dump the colors, and make it 21, where 1-2 and 2-1 are the same result. Put the bigger money / Million Dollar Wedge / half-cars / whatever the fork on doubles.)

/game maven

Sodboy13:
That whole interview reads like it was run through a translator.

Mr. Armadillo:

--- Quote from: clemon79 on March 08, 2019, 03:02:45 PM ---
--- Quote from: Joe Mello on March 08, 2019, 12:56:11 PM ---You don't even have to do multi colored dice at that point. You can just have 2 dice and the card. As an example, you could put Bankrupt on 2 and 12, Lose a Turn on 3, and so on.

--- End quote ---

Yes. Your wheel has 11 wedges. (And the seventh is fully 1/6th of the wheel.) Mine has 36. (Or dump the colors, and make it 21, where 1-2 and 2-1 are the same result. Put the bigger money / Million Dollar Wedge / half-cars / whatever the fork on doubles.)

/game maven

--- End quote ---

If you ignore all the cardboard on the wheel, you only need 11 wedges.  (500, 550, 600, 650, 700, 800, 900, Top Dollar, Free Play, Lose A Turn, Bankrupt) 

Weirdly enough, having one number be fully 1/6th of the wheel *isn't enough*, since a full *quarter* of the wheel is $500.

If you say "7 = roll another d6 to determine which piece of cardboard you hit", then you can get close enough to the actual wheel layout for a $10 cash-in.

The following chart is close enough to the real thing for government work:

2 = Lose a Turn
3 = Bankrupt
4-9 = $100 x die roll
10 = Random piece of cardboard
11 = Free Play
12 = Top Dollar

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version