Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Wostbrock Pics on Eyes Of A Generation  (Read 5276 times)

mystery7

Wostbrock Pics on Eyes Of A Generation
« on: December 07, 2013, 08:16:41 AM »

If you\'re a fan of the Eyes Of A Generation facebook page, there might be an early Christmas present there for you soon: Bobby Ellerbee has announced that Fred Wostbrock will be sharing some game show pictures from his collection. I don\'t know how rare the \"most rare\" pics will be to some of us here on the Forum, but I\'m sure there\'s bound to be some great backstory to many of them from those who worked on the shows. I\'m looking forward to this.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2013, 09:54:54 AM »

I don\'t know how rare the \"most rare\" pics will be to some of us here on the Forum

Given that Fred has thousands of pics that nobody but Fred has seen, in all likelihood since around the time they were taken, I\'d say his \"most rare\" shots would make anybody\'s hair curl.  Even mine.

The interesting thing about Fred is that he\'s so far removed from the internet traders (and from the internet itself, for that matter) that he really doesn\'t have a clue what we may or may not consider \"rare\".  If he picks them, then there might be a strong chance it\'s something you\'ve already seen.  A curator from his inner circle (I\'m close, but geographically far away.  Adam Nedeff is much closer in both respects.) would have a field day.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 05:26:13 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Adam Nedeff

« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2013, 12:21:54 PM »

Yesterday, I came into Fred\'s office and saw a stack of photos arranged on his desk, and he told me he had gathered them for \"a really neat website.\" This has to be the project he was working on because the \"Cash and Carry\" photo was part of the stack.

Having sorted through the photos Fred picked out, trust me, you\'re all in for some genuine treats in the next few weeks.

Toheckwiththis

« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2013, 03:45:11 PM »
Will these photos be put on the main site? or just the facebook page?

Chief-O

« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2013, 04:54:03 PM »

Will these photos be put on the main site? or just the facebook page?

I assume they\'ll just be on the FB page.

He\'s posted some other game show gems on there in the past---I\'ve mentioned the shot of the Dawson Feud set before, plus there\'s a similar wide shot of the IGAS \'76 set.

« Last Edit: December 07, 2013, 04:54:15 PM by Chief-O »
.....and it goes like this!!!