Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Your Ideas of Game Show Revivals  (Read 11457 times)

Fan4Sure

Your Ideas of Game Show Revivals
« on: December 01, 2013, 05:32:51 PM »

This is based on the now-defunct GSN Message boards of the same name. But, Would anyone come up with revival ideas for game shows, Please?

dale_grass

« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2013, 11:25:58 PM »

Rest assured, somebody probably would.  You\'re welcome.

\\Always fancied a Classic Concentration revival.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2013, 11:33:36 PM »

They would *have* to use the original rules though. None of this stick-around-until-you-lose-twice crap. Classic Classic Concentration.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2013, 11:37:46 PM »

They would *have* to use the original rules though. None of this stick-around-until-you-lose-twice crap. Classic Classic Concentration.

And holding on to your TAKE cards?  Please.

/Bring back FORFEIT while you\'re at it.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2013, 11:42:10 PM »

I like it when shows allow for contestants to not be thanked for their participation after losing one time.

/was at Goodwill today and they had an Endless Concentration on the shelf; the rebus on the box bottom was \"birdbrain.\"
Travis L. Eberle

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2013, 11:58:04 PM »

I like it when shows allow for contestants to not be thanked for their participation after losing one time.

So I presume \"Lots of Love\" falls under this category?

/Load the board with ALL OF THE WILD CARDS while we\'re at it!!!!!111!!!11!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2013, 12:15:41 AM »

I was thinking Kiernan more than Morreale there, assuming I get what you\'re saying.
Travis L. Eberle

BrandonFG

« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2013, 09:21:37 AM »

There\'s plenty of ideas in the post roughly http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php?showtopic=25455\'>one thread down. 

But also, bring back The Joker\'s Wild and the Face the Devil game. But not a caricature that resembles Jack Barry. A real devil, who you make a deal with in order to win five games and a Nissan Versa sedan, and a bunch of cheesy prize packages. Do you want the game room and trip to Brazil bad enough?

« Last Edit: December 02, 2013, 09:22:14 AM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Strikerz04

• The Money Will be Spent
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2013, 11:25:36 AM »

I was thinking Kiernan more than Morreale there, assuming I get what you\'re saying.

Now I dig it.

Twentington

• I just got to win / Spin the Wheel again
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2013, 11:58:12 AM »

There\'s plenty of ideas in the post roughly http://www.gameshowforum.org/index.php?showtopic=25455\'>one thread down. 

But also, bring back The Joker\'s Wild and the Face the Devil game. But not a caricature that resembles Jack Barry. A real devil, who you make a deal with in order to win five games and a Nissan Versa sedan, and a bunch of cheesy prize packages. Do you want the game room and trip to Brazil bad enough?

See, I would go with one who challenge you to a fiddle contest in Georgia, with a golden fiddle as a prize.

Bobby Peacock

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2013, 01:04:44 PM »

See, I would go with one who challenge you to a fiddle contest in Georgia, with a golden fiddle as a prize.

Or a pot-smoking contest in Jamaica with a million bucks on the line, of you wanna stick with the money theme.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2013, 01:59:00 PM »
If one were to graft the double/double back element from Million Second Quiz onto the game play of Mind Game (and adding another brain ring, of course) I think you\'d have a darn good show.
Travis L. Eberle

Tony Peters

• Here is your first subject. GO!
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2013, 03:21:55 AM »

While I\'m sure this idea is most likely headed toward the Realm of Not Gonna Happen, I\'d like to see a Sale of the Century revival with an endgame combining The Sale with Temptation(AUS)\'s prize structure, using the Big Money Game as a means of building up the cash jackpot.

Sometimes I find myself missing the days when cats ruled the internet...

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2013, 06:51:40 AM »
If I was gonna do a Sale revival I\'d take the best of what worked from various series.

I\'d keep the 80s format in regards to show pacing.

I\'d replace the Instant Cash with the Cashcards from the Aussie version.

As far as the Fame Game rounds went, I\'d do a toss up between the 80s game and Temptation, and whichever side was landed on was the one I\'d use. I really wasn\'t too bothered with the way Temptation did it.

I\'d keep the speed round at 60 seconds but keep the higher stakes Temptation introduced.

This one I know a lot of people aren\'t necessarily fond of but I think the score money should be treated in a different manner- call them shopping dollars or something and if/when you lose each is equivalent to $5 in actual dollars- that way if someone was building to the big payday and lost, they\'d get a nice chunk of change of a couple thousand bucks or so on top of everything else.

I\'d keep the Temptation shopping round with the Knock-off game, and not limit you to five appearances like they did. I\'d also add the all the prizes on stage and cash levels that the syndie Sale did but I\'d cap it at a round number like $100,000 instead of a growing jackpot.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2013, 08:39:19 AM »

I\'d like to see \"The Big Showdown\" revived.  I don\'t know how it could be improved. Maybe make it an hour with two trips to the dice table per show.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.