Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New GSN series: "Mind Of A Man"  (Read 6231 times)

MTCesquire

New GSN series: "Mind Of A Man"
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2013, 07:04:23 PM »

There\'s a nightclub in Virginia Beach called Funny Bone. I\'m wondering if he\'s ever performed there, and if I ever saw him. Seems like that\'s the kind of circuit he\'d work...that\'s not meant to be a slight; Funny Bone is actually a chain with clubs in different cities I believe, and quite a few big names have stopped by.

We\'ve got one about an hour and a half west of you here in Richmond.  They do manage to get some well-known, if not big name, comics there.  The biggest name I can think of was when Kevin Hart performed there right before he blew up to superstar status.  The next time he came to Richmond about a year later he was selling out the Richmond Landmark Theater and tickets prices were crazy.  Makes me wish I\'d seen him earlier.

Back to African-American hosts, I could be wrong but I\'m pretty sure this year at the Daytime Emmys set a record for most black hosts nominated for the Best Game Show Host category with two (Harvey & Brady).  I just thought that was pretty cool.  As usual YMMV.

BillCullen1

« Reply #16 on: November 11, 2013, 12:33:46 PM »

Mind of a Man will premiere Wednesday, January 8th at 8pm (ET)

On the GSN promos currently showing, the host of this extravaganza is heard but not seen.

bulldog_06

« Reply #17 on: November 17, 2013, 04:44:49 PM »

DeRay is a funny guy, I heard him on some comedy specials and even his own on Comedy Central. Good for him getting this gig. Many of the topics that he jokes about in his comedy is about relationships and the mind of men. I hope it gets another season. I can understand the members of this board saying, \"Who the hell is this guy?\" 

In the words of Drew Carey, \"It\'s going to be OK, I swear.\" (on Drew\'s first TPIR)

BillCullen1

« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2013, 08:26:05 AM »

GSN has started airing promos showing DeRay Davis.

JakeT

« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2013, 11:16:37 PM »

DeRay is a funny guy, I heard him on some comedy specials and even his own on Comedy Central. Good for him getting this gig. Many of the topics that he jokes about in his comedy is about relationships and the mind of men. I hope it gets another season. I can understand the members of this board saying, \"Who the hell is this guy?\" 

In the words of Drew Carey, \"It\'s going to be OK, I swear.\" (on Drew\'s first TPIR)

The show has yet to air and you\'re already hoping for another season?  Uh, really?

And didn\'t comedy based on how men vs. women think start to get a bit stale years ago?

JakeT

DrBear

« Reply #20 on: November 24, 2013, 01:18:04 AM »

1. It says a lot that at least 75 percent of the release is about the host, and the game is left until the last paragraph.

And didn\'t comedy based on how men vs. women think start to get a bit stale years ago?

2. Depending on whether or not my wife and I have argued today, the correct answer is \"it\'s not a comedy, it\'s a major national issue\" or \"that joke never gets old.\"

This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

JakeT

« Reply #21 on: November 24, 2013, 04:46:36 PM »

Reports and rumors are currently surfacing that comedians Alonzo Bodden and Sydney Castillo are the \"Celebrity Panelists\" on GSN\'s Mind of a Man.

And yet another misuse of the term \"celebrity\"...I at least know Alonzo Bodden was on \"Last Comic Standing\" but who or what is Sydney Castillo?

(And yes, I did a search for him and he still is totally unfamiliar to me...celebrity?  DAMN YOU, Dancing with the \"Stars\"...I blame you for this!)

(Almost makes you ache for the days of Paula Poundstone and Judy Tenuta, doesn\'t it?)

JakeT

« Last Edit: November 24, 2013, 04:47:18 PM by JakeT »

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #22 on: November 24, 2013, 08:00:35 PM »

Al Jackson, one of the comics from the Bob & Tom radio show will also be on the show.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

MTCesquire

« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 09:02:41 PM »

The commercials also make the show look like something completely out of GSN\'s demos. That\'s just me.

Wrong.  

They\'re chasing the same viewership that watches the daily 80-hour marathons of Harvey reruns.  The in-show promos on that appear on the bottom of the show describe it as \"a new [type] of survey game show\".  As Harvey Feud\'s questions are more relationship-based now (or dick joke based, take your pick), GSN decided that they wanted to cash in and create their own version of Harvey Feud.  They even got a black comedian to host.  The only other thing that would make what they\'re trying to do more obvious is if they asked DeRay to shave his head bald.  

I suggest you do more research as to what GSN\'s demos actually are as opposed to what you THINK they are.

Sincerely,

The Sole Fan of Harvey Feud on the GSF

BillCullen1

« Reply #24 on: December 01, 2013, 10:31:12 AM »
GSN promos are now including clips, so they\'ve taped a few shows. As usual, I will watch the first episode, then decide if I\'ll continue watching.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2013, 10:36:50 AM by BillCullen1 »

Thunder

« Reply #25 on: December 01, 2013, 02:02:57 PM »

DeRay Davis (in most ways) = Steve Harvey

He\'s black.

What\'s the other answers that you\'ve got on your card?