Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: $ale of the Century Syndicated  (Read 51984 times)

Vahan_Nisanian

$ale of the Century Syndicated
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2013, 09:35:47 AM »

Regarding $ale skipping S-016, I bet many, if not all of the $ale skips of episodes they have leased for, are music-rights related.

The 7/7/86 episode from the daytime edition used OMD\'s If You Leave for example.

« Last Edit: November 14, 2013, 10:02:18 AM by Vahan_Nisanian »

splinkynip

« Reply #76 on: November 14, 2013, 10:44:08 AM »

From my memories from the 80\'s in NYC market:

Syn Sale started off in February 1985 on channel 9 (WWOR), I believe at 8:30.

Moved to channel 7 (WABC) in the fall at 4:30, then switched with Jeopardy and aired at 4 (I guess so Jeopardy could provide better ratings into news at 5).... Jeopardy moved back to 4:00 in Sept of 1986 followed by syn Card Sharks.... few months later Oprah moved here.... Jeopardy moved to 7PM with reruns at 10AM followed by Split Second)...

As for ET.... started on WWOR for a year or 2, then I remember it briefly on WPIX, then at WABC for 2 or 3 yrs until 1986... then WWOR and back to WABC in 1988.... in 1990 it moved to WCBS where it still is today...

I suddenly feel like Zach Horan...

JMFabiano

« Reply #77 on: November 14, 2013, 01:29:00 PM »

I remember J! being on in the daytime on WABC for a while as well. 

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2013, 02:43:04 PM »
Gamed121683, I remember you made an episode guide thread for this show. I can help you out with it, once the Syndie version starts airing.

irismason42

« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2013, 03:43:28 PM »

Gamed121683, I remember you made an episode guide thread for this show. I can help you out with it, once the Syndie version starts airing.

Sure, especially the Winner\'s Board era, which deserves the need for an episode guide. Gamed121683, or SRIV94, I hope one of you guys make an episode guide for the Syndie version, especially the Winner\'s Board era episodes.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2013, 09:46:28 PM »

Moved to channel 7 (WABC) in the fall at 4:30, then switched with Jeopardy and aired at 4 (I guess so Jeopardy could provide better ratings into news at 5).... Jeopardy moved back to 4:00 in Sept of 1986 followed by syn Card Sharks.... few months later Oprah moved here.... Jeopardy moved to 7PM with reruns at 10AM followed by Split Second)...

As for ET.... started on WWOR for a year or 2, then I remember it briefly on WPIX, then at WABC for 2 or 3 yrs until 1986... then WWOR and back to WABC in 1988.... in 1990 it moved to WCBS where it still is today...

Jeopardy didn\'t move to 7 until after they dropped Split Second, whenever that was (Sally Jesse Raphael took the 10 am slot, ETA to pinpoint that as at least September 14, 1987 because i saw a promo for it on an Eyewitness News open somebody posted, and one of the news items plugged was the Papal visit to Miami which began on the 11th) because World News Tonight preceded Squares for its first season.

I\'m pretty sure that ET didn\'t immediately premiere on channel 2 but since they picked up Hard Copy the year before (thus bumping Win, Lose or Draw to late night), wouldn\'t surprise me if Paramount was trying to sell those two as a pair.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 10:19:52 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

splinkynip

« Reply #81 on: November 16, 2013, 01:17:28 PM »

Jeopardy didn\'t move to 7 until after they dropped Split Second, whenever that was (Sally Jesse Raphael took the 10 am slot, ETA to pinpoint that as at least September 14, 1987 because i saw a promo for it on an Eyewitness News open somebody posted, and one of the news items plugged was the Papal visit to Miami which began on the 11th) because World News Tonight preceded Squares for its first season.

I\'m pretty sure that ET didn\'t immediately premiere on channel 2 but since they picked up Hard Copy the year before (thus bumping Win, Lose or Draw to late night), wouldn\'t surprise me if Paramount was trying to sell those two as a pair.

No, I specifically remember J moving to 7 in December of 1986, as the newspapers were making a big deal of World News Tonight moving to 6:30... WOF and ET switched channels in September 1990... my sister was a contestant on the nighttime show in October of that year and we had to tell many people in our area that it was no longer on Channel 2 

JMFabiano

« Reply #82 on: November 16, 2013, 02:38:09 PM »

No, I specifically remember J moving to 7 in December of 1986, as the newspapers were making a big deal of World News Tonight moving to 6:30... WOF and ET switched channels in September 1990... my sister was a contestant on the nighttime show in October of that year and we had to tell many people in our area that it was no longer on Channel 2 

I do recall a commercial from WABC promoting J! and Lange NTT from 1984, however, for what it\'s worth. 

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #83 on: November 16, 2013, 03:00:12 PM »

A trip to your library with New York Times Microfilm archives would answer all questions.  They were very good with their daily TV listings.

Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

JMFabiano

« Reply #84 on: November 16, 2013, 03:54:11 PM »

A trip to your library with New York Times Microfilm archives would answer all questions.  They were very good with their daily TV listings.

Very true indeed, and I miss the digital version that my libraries had to give up to cut costs.  If you want to know more about the 1984 commercial I referenced, you\'ll have to ask Jason Jones (teamfx2000) if he still has the CLG Megamix master tapes from the Closing Logo Group.  One of the later volumes has the ad in question, so maybe he can help you out further with it. 

cyclone45

« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2013, 04:17:15 PM »

I do recall a commercial from WABC promoting J! and Lange NTT from 1984, however, for what it\'s worth. 

Hold on...\'84 NTT was on  ABC? That\'s news to me.

BrandonFG

« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2013, 04:33:08 PM »

Syndicated. It just aired on WABC in New York, much like Jeopardy! did.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

cyclone45

« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2013, 05:04:49 PM »

Lived in NY in 84 and LOVED game shows..wonder why I never saw it?

chad1m

« Reply #88 on: November 23, 2013, 10:37:41 PM »

Here\'s the promo for the (apparently sponsored) marathon:

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #89 on: November 23, 2013, 10:38:33 PM »

Lived in NY in 84 and LOVED game shows..wonder why I never saw it?

Because it wasn\'t on in \'84.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022