Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Taking prizes back?  (Read 11743 times)

J.R.

Taking prizes back?
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2013, 01:08:44 AM »

While on the topic of unwanted prizes... how does one go about in refusing a won prize?

Is it as simple as telling the producer, \"I do not want this\"?

-Joe Raygor

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Taking prizes back?
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2013, 01:22:18 AM »

Since generally you have to sign paperwork to take delivery of the prizes you DO win, yes, I suspect it\'s exactly this simple.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Adam Nedeff

Taking prizes back?
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2013, 03:28:11 AM »

While on the topic of unwanted prizes... how does one go about in refusing a won prize?

The way it was handled when I worked at TPIR was you signed some paperwork right after the taping for ALL prizes, but they attached an office phone number that you could call within 30 days if you inevitably changed your mind about a prize.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Taking prizes back?
« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2013, 03:53:13 AM »
I remember a rather in-depth discussion I had concerning my appearance on Millionaire and how detailed they were as to what to expect and what was also expected of us. Specifically we were told what lines not to cross, and if we did cross those lines we\'d be in quite the world of trouble.

One specific thing we discussed was the whole \"final answer\" procedure. You have to say it- they really don\'t want you to just say \"final\" but they won\'t hold it against you if you don\'t make a habit out of it- because if you don\'t you\'re just wasting everybody\'s time and they can and will DQ you on the spot if they feel you\'re not conducting yourself in the manner in which a normal human being would.

And I mean wasting time in the literal sense. Because nothing proceeds until you say those words.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022