Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Does Bob Dislike any games  (Read 5570 times)

garffreak

Does Bob Dislike any games
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2003, 11:12:40 PM »
I agree cmjb13.  There were maybe 3 times Barker messed up the rules of Super Saver.

As far as Bulseye I, the concept wasn't hard, the format was hard.  The main difference between Bullseye I and Clock game is the limit...7 guesses or all the gueeses you can make in 30 seconds.  Did Bob hate Bullseye I?  Only he knows that.  But back at the time, he wasn't the executive producer and was just the host.

Casey Buck

« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2003, 11:30:13 PM »
[quote name=\'garffreak\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 08:12 PM\'] I agree cmjb13.  There were maybe 3 times Barker messed up the rules of Super Saver. [/quote]
 Heck, even Jay Lewis screwed up the rules of Super Saver on a recent 'Net Price is Right "episode"!

combsisthebest

« Reply #17 on: December 28, 2003, 12:04:05 AM »
I don't think he liked Hurdles because the game was always malfunctioning.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #18 on: December 28, 2003, 01:08:58 AM »
[quote name=\'combsisthebest\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 12:04 AM\'] I don't think he liked Hurdles because the game was always malfunctioning. [/quote]
 It's nice to see how we all have jumped inside Barker's mind.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

NickintheATL

• Husband of snowpeck
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2003, 01:32:46 AM »
Hurdles and Super Saver were both retried for mechanical faults.

The S&P stuff suggested about Super Saver is pure nonsense, IMHO, it was a solid game. I can't imagine why anyone (even Bob himself) dosen't like it.

And, lastly, if Bob himself dosen't say it, I don't think it's fair for us to assume what he feels. Even on Superball, even though it was information passed down to us that is pretty reliable, are we sure that that is the REAL reason?

Just a thought or two...

JasonA1

• Executive Producer
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2003, 02:56:36 AM »
Something was explained wrong in the rules, it became an S&P issue, and it wasn't worth the hassle.

As was explained to me, Bob failed to mention it was "mathematically possible" to win one time and the contestant claimed later to "not be trying" to win. The whole thing turned into a mess as Chris (it's Chris, right? :) briefly touched upon. I forget if it was actually a legal thing, or just between the show and S & P. Either way, it kinda hung badly on the game as its fault.

-Jason
Game Show Forum Muckety-Muck

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2003, 03:06:56 AM »
It's fun to see innocuous conjecture and internet folklore being passed off as fact throughout the thread, though.
You're welcome to jump in and set the record straight, dear (in a manner of speaking).

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #22 on: December 28, 2003, 03:13:07 AM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 02:46 PM\'] [quote name=\'TV Favorites\' date=\'Dec 27 2003, 04:26 PM\'] I thought I heard that Bob disliked Superball, which led to its retirement. [/quote]
It's true.

It took too long to setup. [/quote]
 What's to take long? It rolled out, plugged in and a camera got behind it. It was no more time-consuming than many other games.

cmjb13

« Reply #23 on: December 28, 2003, 07:51:15 AM »
[quote name=\'NicholasM79\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 01:32 AM\']The S&P stuff suggested about Super Saver is pure nonsense[/quote]
You can believe what you want. I asked and that's the answer I got. However, I'm sure mechanical issues were also taken into consideration.

[quote name=\'chris319\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 03:13AM\']What's to take long? It rolled out, plugged in and a camera got behind it. It was no more time-consuming than many other games. [/quote]
But it was the time it took to do that. Plus explaining the rules to dumb contestants, inspiration roll, contestant possibly rolling 4 balls, 3 door reveal, etc...
The whole thing took to long and there wasn't any time left in the show to play any long games (they could only play the small quick ones)

I think this was one game that suffered due to the addition of more commercial time.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 08:11:05 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Argo

« Reply #24 on: December 28, 2003, 11:00:35 AM »
dont know why "Its Optional" was retired. It seemed like 2 Cars was a pretty good price, nevertheless what it came with. However, picking the options was weird idea. Also, it was different than any other game. Instead of grocery/department store prices, it was car option prices. I think a game that offers 2 cars would be pretty cool. I think Triple Play is a bit too harsh though. I mean its all or nothing. Even on Golden Road, you get some help, and if u dont get the big prize, u get the ones u've one, and u get the choice of 3 or 4 numbers to choose from. If they put a second chance thing on Triple Play, that u could use once in the game, maybe have an extra price to pick from, it would be a less worried game. I dont think the game is exciting, only the prizes that are up for grabs. I dont believe in games like the old superball that ud have to get the ball in the whole in order to win, even if u were perfect on the prizes, but something in the game should be fun. I used to hate spelling b, but thats a very cool game.

i should stop before i ramble lol.

l8r.

cmjb13

« Reply #25 on: December 28, 2003, 11:03:59 AM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 11:00 AM\'] I think Triple Play is a bit too harsh though. I mean its all or nothing[/quote]
The odds of getting all 3 cars, while possible, are longer than getting 2 cars right. Most people would stop at 2 cars, probably even 1, so why give them that option?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2003, 11:04:30 AM by cmjb13 »
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

JayC

« Reply #26 on: December 28, 2003, 02:47:36 PM »
dont know why "Its Optional" was retired. It seemed like 2 Cars was a pretty good price, nevertheless what it came with. However, picking the options was weird idea. Also, it was different than any other game. Instead of grocery/department store prices, it was car option prices. I think a game that offers 2 cars would be pretty cool.
No average person would price options, but how else could they do It's Optional?

I think Triple Play is a bit too harsh though. I mean its all or nothing
If there was a bailout option, this game would be as bad in the win column as Step Up.  

Even on Golden Road, you get some help, and if u dont get the big prize, u get the ones u've one, and u get the choice of 3 or 4 numbers to choose from.
Golden Road is easy until the end, because you should be able to have a good idea of the price of the first 2 prizes, espically if their are repeating digits.

If they put a second chance thing on Triple Play, that u could use once in the game, maybe have an extra price to pick from, it would be a less worried game.
How would that help?  

I dont believe in games like the old superball that ud have to get the ball in the whole in order to win, even if u were perfect on the prizes, but something in the game should be fun
That's why the SPs were usually quite easy.

I used to hate spelling b, but thats a very cool game.
I used to like it, but I don't really care for it anymore.

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #27 on: December 28, 2003, 05:23:05 PM »
[quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 11:00 AM\'] I think Triple Play is a bit too harsh though. I mean its all or nothing. [/quote]
 So is Squeeze Play, Lucky Seven...
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Brandon Brooks

« Reply #28 on: December 28, 2003, 07:21:16 PM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 05:23 PM\'] [quote name=\'Argo\' date=\'Dec 28 2003, 11:00 AM\'] I think Triple Play is a bit too harsh though. I mean its all or nothing. [/quote]
So is Squeeze Play, Lucky Seven... [/quote]
 Not in that same sense, though.  He means all cars or no cars.  But I don't think that all pricing games should be gimmes, anyway, so harshness means nothing to me.

Brandon Brooks

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #29 on: December 28, 2003, 07:40:25 PM »
This would never happen, but wouldn't it be fun to have Jack Narz or someone come in to host and have Bob play the pricing games for audience members, sorta like the Tattletales host switch of the 70's. That way we could see which games he really likes.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.