Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: New pricing game on TPIR on Mon. Sept. 23  (Read 5678 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
New pricing game on TPIR on Mon. Sept. 23
« Reply #15 on: September 23, 2013, 08:55:41 AM »

it\'s in the Golden-Road.net FAQ (which he largely wrote) about why that game was retired (Drew mangling the rules and them retiring it on those grounds).

Not quite the reason. Per the FAQ...

In order to avoid embarrassing Drew, the staff decided on the fly that these would be the game\'s \"new rules\" and allowed the playing to proceed; after the taping, they also decided that it would never be played again.

Sure, the mistake could\'ve easily been corrected, but nobody wanted to.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

BrandonFG

« Reply #16 on: September 23, 2013, 09:10:46 AM »

Of all the games that have been put out to pasture, the one that I say \"huh, that\'s too bad\" is Buy or Sell.

I was partial to Poker Game and Credit Card myself. Didn\'t realize they played the latter up until \'08...thought that one was retired in the Barker era.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Unrealtor

« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2013, 10:19:43 AM »

It took me a second to grasp that...am I the only one who thought Drew kinda fumbled the explanation?

The game itself is actually pretty clever...seems like a spin on Check Game. But yeah, I could see contestants getting tripped up on this one.

Given the current staff over there, I wonder if they\'re deliberately not giving the obvious \"If you think the motorcycle is more than the TV, add the $1160; if you think it\'s less, subtract it\" explanation in order to make it seem unique.

Also, I think that reveal is going to be really awkward when someone loses. I think I would rather have the sum/difference calculated and shown separately from the price of the second prize.

"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

Steve Gavazzi

« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2013, 03:59:08 PM »

Given the current staff over there, I wonder if they\'re deliberately not giving the obvious \"If you think the motorcycle is more than the TV, add the $1160; if you think it\'s less, subtract it\" explanation in order to make it seem unique.

http://www.golden-road.net/index.php?topic=21931.0\'>That seems like a good question for the guy who created the game.

Neumms

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2013, 01:54:09 PM »

http://www.golden-road.net/index.php?topic=21931.0\'>That seems like a good question for the guy who created the game.

Fun read, and good for him. He put a lot of work into it.

I think it would be more fun set up the same way with chalkboards replacing the monitors. The two small ones with the prizes could flip for the reveal. The big board in the middle would have both the plus and the minus drawn in, then a model erases (with some flourish and a giant prop eraser) the one not picked.