Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Board Game at the Mall  (Read 7321 times)

The Ol' Guy

Game Show Board Game at the Mall
« Reply #15 on: January 03, 2004, 05:37:50 PM »
friends -

Thanks for the info. Just to make sure I wasn't crazy, I went back to the Endless Games website, where it shows the new Osmond version is the product they are actively promoting at this time. Depending on store stock, other product is out there. In case I've ever left anyone with the incorrect impression, I will now publicly confirm your suspicions that I may be absent from atop the pillar of knowing all things ;-)....

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #16 on: January 04, 2004, 01:27:06 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Jan 3 2004, 04:27 PM\'] BTW, I did a little shopping yesterday, and I found the 3rd AND 4th editions of the Password board game from Endless Games.

[/quote]
 Call me ignorant, but when did the 4th edition come out?  (And, what changes, if any, were made?)
--Mark
Phil 4:13

gameshowguy2000

« Reply #17 on: January 04, 2004, 01:36:43 AM »
I didn't get to see what the changes were. The only difference I saw was the color of the box.

The Ol' Guy

« Reply #18 on: January 04, 2004, 11:37:05 AM »
I don't have the Endless 3rd edition, but there have been changes from edition to edition. The first two (and I think the third) came in taller boxes - the 4th is more like the classic MB sizes for Snap Judgment and Joker's Wild. The second edition contained a lightning round deck and timer, like the later MB versions. It's not in the 4th. The new 4th edition also has a replica of the classic 1-10 scoring dial printed on the box insert, and a snap-in arrow. The first two had the 1-10 score system printed along one side of the box bottom, and you pushed some sort of plastic clip along it to keep track of the points.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #19 on: January 04, 2004, 01:31:45 PM »
Adding to what The Ol' Guy said (since this IS supposed to be my area of expertise!):

The Third Edition was also in that "taller" box (for the record, 9.5 x 6 x 2.75), so the Fourth is the first one to change its shape (again FTR, 9.5 x 7.5 x 1.75).  Aside from VERY minor color variations (some aprons going from blue to red), the box size is the only change in the new version.

Neither the Third or Fourth has the Lighting Round cards & timer, those are unique to the Second Edition at this point.  Like the Third Edition, the Fourth Edition contains fifty cards (the first two editions only had 36) so there's a whopping 1000 available words.

The Password Junior edition (in the same size box as the Fourth Edition) has only 25 cards (500 words) and a dramatically different style of suggested play.  The rules included with Junior describe a style of clue giving much more like Pyramid, without the restriction of one-word clues.

And yeah, the site's due for an update.
http://userdata.acd.net/ottinger/games.htm
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

Bob Zager

« Reply #20 on: January 06, 2004, 11:39:18 AM »
[quote name=\'Matt Ottinger\' date=\'Jan 4 2004, 01:31 PM\'] The Third Edition was also in that "taller" box (for the record, 9.5 x 6 x 2.75), so the Fourth is the first one to change its shape (again FTR, 9.5 x 7.5 x 1.75).  Aside from VERY minor color variations (some aprons going from blue to red), the box size is the only change in the new version.

[/quote]
 Actually, some of the later produced copies of the Third edition of Password from Endless Games were packaged in the same size box as the new Fourth edition.

It also looked like some later produced copies of $25,000 Pyramid were packaged in a more square box like the new Pyramid game with Donny Osmond pictured on it.  I haven't seen an actual copy like this, but the illustration on the inside apron of EG's Card Sharks, show the box perfectly square.  Maybe they considered this, before releasing the updated version.