Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: I got the call from Million Second Quiz.  (Read 17132 times)

BrandonFG

I got the call from Million Second Quiz.
« Reply #60 on: September 10, 2013, 08:09:30 PM »

According to Ryan on tonight\'s episode, there were so many viewers or downloads (I missed that part) that the system crashed, so that explains the glitches from last night.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

parliboy

• Which of my enemies told you I was paranoid?
« Reply #61 on: September 10, 2013, 08:34:34 PM »
Without spoiling gameplay specifics, let me just say that they should do a better job of not repeating question material. I understand that it will happen some during the full gameplay.  It shouldn\'t happen on back-to-back TV broadcasts.
"You're never ready, just less unprepared."

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #62 on: September 10, 2013, 09:25:23 PM »

According to Ryan on tonight\'s episode, there were so many viewers or downloads (I missed that part) that the system crashed, so that explains the glitches from last night.

Seems that\'s a problem you\'d actively *want* to have (and be ready to address)...
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Unrealtor

« Reply #63 on: September 12, 2013, 01:23:00 AM »
One error I caught on Monday was that the question read by Blake Shelton had one answer choice that was different on the on-screen graphic from what he read. It was the one about \"If your mother is a cougar, what are you?\" One option was \"calf\" on screen, but Blake said \"kitten.\"
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

BillCullen1

« Reply #64 on: September 13, 2013, 12:39:34 PM »

One error I caught on Monday was that the question read by Blake Shelton had one answer choice that was different on the on-screen graphic from what he read. It was the one about \"If your mother is a cougar, what are you?\" One option was \"calf\" on screen, but Blake said \"kitten.\"

I caught that. I think that\'s the only error of that kind so far. This show is okay, but I thought Regis\' Millionaire was more exciting.

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #65 on: September 13, 2013, 02:27:48 PM »

The only question that I haven\'t liked so far was one that asked about the most common street names in the US, according to the US Postal Service.  As written, the question is absolutely correct.  However, overwhelmingly, if you\'ve read anything at all on this subject, the answer you\'d know would almost certainly be different than the one they gave.  And, unfortunately, that answer was one of their \"wrong\" choices.

Try it yourself.  Google \"most common street name in us\" and see what answer you come up with.

Next, find their answer on the http://about.usps.com/who-we-are/postal-facts/\'>relevant USPS page.  For fun, see how long it takes you to find it without resorting to a computer search of the page.

Again, they sourced it correctly, so their answer is right.  Still, when there is some question over which answer is \"right\" depending on who you ask, you\'re drifting into Greed territory of favorite Jell-O flavors and most interesting smells.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 02:28:47 PM by Matt Ottinger »
This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

chad1m

« Reply #66 on: September 13, 2013, 04:40:49 PM »

Our https://scontent-b-atl.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/1231379_10151603301031363_1932746490_n.jpg\'>patron saint got name-checked a couple of minutes ago, so that\'s nice.

« Last Edit: September 13, 2013, 04:40:57 PM by chad1m »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #67 on: September 13, 2013, 05:04:53 PM »
I\'m such a dullard; I looked at that and the first thought was \"Since when is Kitty Carlisle our patron saint?\"
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #68 on: September 13, 2013, 08:49:31 PM »

I\'m such a dullard; I looked at that and the first thought was \"Since when is Kitty Carlisle our patron saint?\"

I got the reference, but my first thought was \"Since when is Kitty Carlisle a Broadway legend?\"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #69 on: September 13, 2013, 08:54:30 PM »
That\'s a much easier question if you\'re not staring down the barrel of a five-second shot clock.

Kitty certainly has a long list of theater credits to her, well, credit.
Travis L. Eberle

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #70 on: September 14, 2013, 12:19:07 AM »

Kitty certainly has a long list of theater credits to her, well, credit.

And being married to noted playwright Moss Hart didn\'t hurt her Broadway cred.

Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #71 on: September 14, 2013, 03:28:52 PM »

As I said elsewhere, she was married to a Broadway legend.  Not exactly the same thing.  I\'m not really losing sleep over it, but Julie Harris and Angela Lansbury were Broadway legends.  Kitty Carlisle was a socialite who acted.