Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Will “Hollywood Game Night” be this century’s “Win, Lose or Draw”?  (Read 7225 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation

Even during the crucial final round

Oh, and let me rant on this a little bit, because there\'s \"crucial\" and then there\'s \"why the hell did I give a crap about what just happened over the last forty-five minutes?\" I know you need a catch-up mechanism \'cuz it\'s a game show. I get that. But going from one point per right answer to FIVE? That\'s Family Secrets-bad.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

ChrisLambert!

• Overthrow, Sister Havana

Right. The whole thing\'s a flimsy charade of a game based around watching celebrities be wacky. And there\'s nothing wrong with that, at all, but some want MORE money to be on the line when an doof like Short and a broken scoring system can decide the winner? Heck, I\'d cap it at $10 grand.

Jane Lynch is great at running the show\'s she\'s been given, which is no surprise. She\'s a huge talent. I suffered through two years of Glee just to watch her.

/Vaguely-related Opinion: Martin Short is also to blame for the only bad episode of the original \"Arrested Development\"

@lambertman

Neumms

On SCTV 30 years ago, Martin Short would have been a riot doing Martin Short playing the Password-like game last night. But I liked him for the most part.

$25,000 seems just right to me, but it sounded odd then to say Willow\'s charity could only win $10,000. If they\'re essentially splitting money, they should split it evenly. 

It\'s a nice show. I wish the games were more intriguing, but I won\'t hold my breath. If it does well, maybe they could spend an extra hundred for a less crummy band. 

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation

If it does well, maybe they could spend an extra hundred for a less crummy band. 

I am sure the house band, much like Coolio...was available.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Ian Wallis

Despite its faults, it was an enjoyable hour.  A $25,000 top prize is just right for that - it\'s refreshing to see them not trying to push a million-dollar prize.  I think a million dollars has been floated around on these game shows too often in the past dozen years or so.  WWTBAM did it best and it probably should have been left at that.

In fact, I wouldn\'t even mind seeing these so-called \"reality\" shows like Amazing Race or Survivor drop the prizes a bit - I always thought a million was too much for those shows. 

Oh well, to each his own...

For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable

Despite its faults, it was an enjoyable hour.  A $25,000 top prize is just right for that - it\'s refreshing to see them not trying to push a million-dollar prize.  I think a million dollars has been floated around on these game shows too often in the past dozen years or so.  WWTBAM did it best and it probably should have been left at that.

You\'ll note that we\'re not advocating for a seven-figure top prize; just something more than $25,000 (and when your take-home for a bonus round loss is a third of the jackpot, that\'s not awesome either.)

Who has floated a $1m prize? I can think of a few of our special people who do that regularly, but by and large the general population seems to have a good idea about the prize budget.

In fact, I wouldn\'t even mind seeing these so-called \"reality\" shows like Amazing Race or Survivor drop the prizes a bit - I always thought a million was too much for those shows.

Solitary was for $50,000. In Australia TAR is contested for $250,000, as is Beauty and the Geek which is still rolling. I think the fact that the Big Three shows offer enormous stakes makes the games therein that much more interesting.
Travis L. Eberle

Thunder

It was a fun show to watch, but I\'m not declaring anything as \" ______ Of The Century\", considering we\'re only 1/8 of the way into this century.