Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR 2/15 Semi Spoiler -- Is This A First? (Contestant-Related)  (Read 3798 times)

TimK2003

TPIR 2/15 Semi Spoiler -- Is This A First? (Contestant-Related)
« on: February 15, 2016, 01:36:32 PM »
I know there was an episode a while back where a contestant who made it on stage was also called down to Contestant's Row in the Barker era, but did not make it up.  Current rules state you are eligible again after 10 years in that situation.  Wife now wants to make another attempt next trip to SoCal.

However, on today's TPIR episode, there was a contestant (didn't stick around long enough to catch her name) who made it on stage.  She was a contestant on Cullen's Price is Right back in 1963 and was a winner of a kitchen set.

• Has there ever been any other Cullen-era contestants that have appeared on the newer version(s) of TPIR -- either on-stage or in CR? 

• This also puts her 52 years between game show appearances as a contestant, assuming she did not appear in anything else.  Is that a record of some sort?

• And for extra credit, would anyone have her original appearance on Cullen's version if it aired in GSN back in the day?

cmjb13

Re: TPIR 2/15 Semi Spoiler -- Is This A First? (Contestant-Related)
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2016, 02:46:12 PM »
I seem to recall towards the latter part of Barker's tenure that there was a male contestant who made it on stage and mentioned he was on Cullen's TPIR. I vaguely recall Barker brushing it off.

Wasn't there a female contestant towards Barker's final years that got on stage mentioning something about Kennedy's TPIR?

Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

Nick

« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2016, 03:15:51 PM »
Wasn't there a female contestant towards Barker's final years that got on stage mentioning something about Kennedy's TPIR?

Yes, as I recall she mentioned something along the lines of that was the last time she had attended a taping.  She hadn't been a contestant prior to that point.
It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second

MSTieScott

• Executive Producer
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2016, 04:57:53 PM »
When I worked there, there was a contestant who had been on Cullen's TPIR and had a screen grab of the appearance on her shirt. I think she got to play a pricing game (though I can't remember with 100% certainty).