Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Garbage inducts Thou$and Dollar Bee  (Read 9042 times)

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Game Show Garbage inducts Thou$and Dollar Bee
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2013, 05:26:02 PM »

How big a fanbase could it be?

Big enough. Trust me- there\'s a lot of people in its fan base. I don\'t think it\'s growing at such a high rate anymore but it has a good sized following like it or hate it.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2013, 05:37:26 PM »
Here\'s the thing; what Rob\'s doing isn\'t criticism or commentary; it is the equivalent of picking on the fat kid with braces and the uncool clothes. It is literally a case of \"I don\'t like this thing and I\'m going to make fun of it because I can,\" done by someone who wears a TTD90 dragon shirt and who has absolutely no screen presence or charisma in his point-and-shoot videos where he opines about a thing from the confines of his bedroom.

If people go in for that sort of thing it displays a similar lack of character on their part.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #32 on: July 02, 2013, 06:12:09 PM »

unnecessarily childish.

The hell?

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #33 on: July 02, 2013, 10:21:27 PM »

Here\'s the thing; what Rob\'s doing isn\'t criticism or commentary; it is the equivalent of picking on the fat kid with braces and the uncool clothes. It is literally a case of \"I don\'t like this thing and I\'m going to make fun of it because I can,\" done by someone who wears a TTD90 dragon shirt and who has absolutely no screen presence or charisma in his point-and-shoot videos where he opines about a thing from the confines of his bedroom.

If people go in for that sort of thing it displays a similar lack of character on their part.

I gotta say at this point I don\'t think the argument is about GSG anymore.

Because the description you put out there can be applied to EVERY critic\'s site. Wouldn\'t you agree that\'s what being critical/poking fun at is about, making fun of it because you can? Regardless of how misguided the person behind it may or may not be?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

PYLdude

« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2013, 10:22:51 PM »

unnecessarily childish.

The hell?

You didn\'t have to go there, did you? You did anyway, didn\'t you?

Like I said, you don\'t need to be over the top ALL the time.

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2013, 10:32:38 PM »

I genuinely don\'t know what in the blue hell you are going on about.

You\'d do well to take some of your own advice.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 10:33:20 PM »

It wasn\'t over the top. It\'s just like when JVBT would say that whoever was the fifth biggest numbskull in the history of Deal or No Deal because she didn\'t play the game in the fashion he thought she should. I\'m not going to take that as gospel, I\'m going to dismiss it as foolishness.

We don\'t care what is in Rob\'s hall of shame because he\'s a twerp and has not built the reputation or foundation of respect so that we might say \"huh, he has a point there.\"

I gotta say at this point I don\'t think the argument is about GSG anymore.

Because the description you put out there can be applied to EVERY critic\'s site. Wouldn\'t you agree that\'s what being critical/poking fun at is about, making fun of it because you can? Regardless of how misguided the person behind it may or may not be?

No. You can criticize something for being lousy without being ham-handed or an Adam Henry about it. Roger Ebert did it enough times that he has at least two books in the Your Movie Sucks pantheon. Roger Ebert also has reviewed some masterful pieces of cinema, and treated them with the reverence deserved.

Some dink gave a lousy answer on Match Game.

A young girl got confused in front of a green screen and failed to negotiate a bonus round.

Patricia Heaton can\'t do single digit multiplication.

Patrick Duffy is unfit to hold Bill Cullen\'s jock, much less Mark L. Walberg\'s.

Golly dang, Family Feud is a slog when they play to 400, isn\'t it.

There\'s five \"inductions\", boiled down to roughly a tweet each. That is also roughly what each of them deserved.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2013, 10:45:39 PM »
Four out of those five for sure. The only one I don\'t agree with is the Patrick Duffy thing, although I would have liked to see the show inducted as a whole.

Besides, his Carnie Wilson induction was unfair (she really didn\'t do much to warrant it and he dismissed me abruptly when I called him on it) and the \" April Fools\" induction was a joke because you and I witnessed he said Celebrity Blackjack was a better show (FTR the \"joke\" induction was Jeopardy for those curious). Either one of those are better examples to use than the Duffy thing IMO. But that\'s why it\'s MO. YOMV.