Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Joker's Wild special categories...  (Read 5156 times)

Adam Nedeff

Joker's Wild special categories...
« Reply #15 on: June 25, 2013, 11:53:57 PM »

The one I remember was the \"Who What or Where\" category.  Jack would always mention that it was based on the old TV show, which for years in the 70s made me think that the 3Ws was a B&E show and not Ron Greenberg\'s creation.

I\'d never seen that particular category, The Joker\'s Wild was never regular viewing for me.  Still, there\'s more of a connection than you may realize.  By the time the category would have turned up on TJW, Ron Greenberg was the show\'s producer.

I, too, recall Jack always mentioning that. Now I see it as a nice gesture to Ron, a good guy, but then it was kind of a stupid category. It\'s not as if their other categories were filled with \"when\" and \"why\" questions. 

Exactly. It was really just a grab bag. I remember the first time I saw it on a GSN rerun, I thought a better idea would have been something like \"Bid,\" where Jack would announce a subject for three questions and the contestant could declare something like \"I\'ll take the Who and the Where.\"

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #16 on: June 26, 2013, 12:10:26 AM »

I didn\'t say it was a good idea.

Life is too short for bad ideas, and we have far too many of those kicking around here anyway.
Travis L. Eberle

Jay Temple

« Reply #17 on: June 26, 2013, 08:18:24 PM »

Nevertheless, the question was what other special categories were used.

Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.