Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Carmen Sandiego Airing Locally...?  (Read 1790 times)

gsfan85

Carmen Sandiego Airing Locally...?
« on: December 23, 2003, 07:01:04 PM »
Hey everyone,

I heard on the sitcomsonline forum that Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? currently airs in reruns on some local stations around the country.  Can anyone verify that these are not the reruns of the cartoon being called WITWICS? by mistake?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Adam

Kevin Prather

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 07:05:16 PM »
WITWICS? and WITICS? hasn't aired in Seattle for years.

dzinkin

« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 09:50:23 PM »
[quote name=\'gsfan85\' date=\'Dec 23 2003, 07:01 PM\'] Hey everyone,

I heard on the sitcomsonline forum that Where In The World Is Carmen Sandiego? currently airs in reruns on some local stations around the country.  Can anyone verify that these are not the reruns of the cartoon being called WITWICS? by mistake?

Thanks to anyone that can help.

Adam [/quote]
 Here's an idea... find out which stations, then check each station's web site.

- David

JayC

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 10:13:00 PM »
Not over here...

Starkman

« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2003, 11:50:27 PM »
Not in NY and mind you we have 3 PBS stations thrown our systems thanks to mustcarry laws (13, WLIW and NJN) Used to be 4 before PAX took over WNYC.

I wish though, I most certainly wish.

Question, who owns the rights to PBS shows, Is it PBS as a whole or the stations that produce them? Just curious, esp since ive seen some old PBS shows (This old house, Hometime etc) on TLC, Discovery etc.

Keith Napier

« Reply #5 on: December 25, 2003, 10:59:56 PM »
A lot of people confuse our dear beloved game show with the very different (and more recent) cartoon series of the same name.  It's possible that your friend at the sitcoms forum was speaking of the cartoon.

Also, PBS "as a whole" owns very few series, if any.  Each series is produced and owned by an individual station and distributed by the network.  WGBH in Boston produces most of the better-known series.  WITWICS was a co-production between WGBH and WQED in Pittsburgh.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2003, 11:02:58 PM by Keith Napier »

snowpeck

« Reply #6 on: December 26, 2003, 12:44:46 AM »
Just did some investigating and every station that some listings sources are listing as the game show is actually showing the cartoon.

Greg
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)