Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! Seeking Former Tournament of Champions Players  (Read 79144 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Jeopardy! Seeking Former Tournament of Champions Players
« Reply #60 on: July 16, 2013, 01:04:30 AM »
Obviously they had a reason. Since none of us work for the show we can\'t say for sure. What kind of answer do you want?
Travis L. Eberle

J.R.

« Reply #61 on: July 16, 2013, 01:12:16 AM »

I actually liked the current Jeopardy set. They\'ve had a good track record with sets, so I\'m sure the new look with be just as nice.

-Joe Raygor

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #62 on: July 16, 2013, 01:56:08 AM »

Obviously they had a reason. Since none of us work for the show we can\'t say for sure. What kind of answer do you want?

The one I got is fine. I\'m not expecting any more or less, just thinking out loud.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 02:39:48 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #63 on: July 16, 2013, 08:51:02 AM »

So they\'re changing the set for the second time in four years? Why? Nothing wrong with the setup now.

Remember, I said take it with a grain of salt for now. The setups have all been fine before, but just updated to keep up with the times- I always thought the current set looked nice, but unfinished. Besides, who knows? You may end up liking what comes down the chute next.
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

BrandonFG

« Reply #64 on: July 16, 2013, 09:28:54 AM »

I think the last set I really liked was the \"sushi bar\" of the late-90s...it always reminded me of a college lecture hall or library. I found the two subsequent sets a little too...\"random\" and \"deco\" for my tastes. Not bad, just random. Wouldn\'t mind something like what they used for the Watson tournament, just a little more jazzed up.

I do agree with Chris P. that it seems pretty soon to redo the set...on one hand 4 years is a nice run (has it really been 4 already?), on the other hand, the other sets averaged 6 or 7 years, so it\'s only short by comparison.

/Alex\'s entrance was pretty cool

//Game show sets need more sliding doors :-P

///The \"grid\" set from the mid-90s is my all-time favorite

« Last Edit: July 16, 2013, 09:33:12 AM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #65 on: July 16, 2013, 01:43:26 PM »

Remember, Alex\'s days may be numbered. Maybe they wanted to get one more set in before he hangs it up.

The Sushi Bar set was during my heyday of Jeopardy when my memory started holding onto everything. Such great moments from that specific time period. So I\'m a little more inclined to that set as my favorite. However, I really liked the sets with the giant JEOPARDY as my memory did kick in on the back end of grid set.

Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #66 on: August 02, 2013, 06:40:33 PM »
Check out the Q&A with Alex Trebek and he clues us in as to what Season 30 has in store:

http://read.thestar.com/#\'>http://read.thestar.com/#!/article/51e964f193e8e4d7740031e2-alex-trebek-talks-30-seasons-of-jeopardy
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

Esoteric Eric

Eric Smallman; "...I don't think God ever forgave me for Phyllis Newman..." - "Jimmy Carter" (Dan Aykroyd), SNL, 1976

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #68 on: August 02, 2013, 08:31:26 PM »
Wow, he got a bit of a \'tude there. :)
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #69 on: August 21, 2013, 11:36:54 PM »
There\'s a pic of the new board and Alex\'s podium over at the Buy a Vowel boards. Click on the link below and scroll down to the last post to see it.

http://buyavowel.boards.net/thread/5278?page=2\'>http://buyavowel.boards.net/thread/5278?page=2

I was kinda hoping for the return of a giant Jeopardy letter backdrop, but man does this look nice. Kinda happy that the set isn\'t bathed in electric blue for once.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 11:39:40 PM by Jeremy Nelson »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #70 on: August 21, 2013, 11:45:16 PM »
I like it, and I don\'t like it. How about that deal.
Travis L. Eberle

JepMasta

« Reply #71 on: August 22, 2013, 02:49:12 AM »

I like it more than I dislike it.  It great to see a more diverse colour pallette than \"how many shades of blue can we use?\"  But, why do you need a Jeopardy! logo on the front of Alex\' lectern?

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 02:50:56 AM by JepMasta »

SuperMatch93

« Reply #72 on: August 22, 2013, 02:49:33 AM »
Nice. Reminds me of a cross between the sushi bar set and the current one.
-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

BrandonFG

« Reply #73 on: August 22, 2013, 01:51:17 PM »

I like it. A lot. Wasn\'t the biggest fan of the random algebraic figures from the two prior sets, at least not compared to the 90s sets. While it appears there\'s still a few of those shapes, I love the pillars and borders along the top.

A lot of fuschia and blue though...it might just be the picture quality, but it hurt my eyes a bit.

« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 01:51:42 PM by BrandonFG »
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #74 on: August 22, 2013, 01:52:17 PM »
<blockquote  class=\"ipsBlockquote\" data-author=\"JepMasta\" data-cid=\"314216\" data-time=\"1377154152\"><p>colour pallette</p>United Kingdom hasn\'t done Jeopardy! in years.

<blockquote  class=\"ipsBlockquote\"><p>But, why do you need a Jeopardy! logo on the front of Alex\' lectern?</p>So we know what show we\'re watching.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2020, 06:17:58 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle