Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Jeopardy! Seeking Former Tournament of Champions Players  (Read 79145 times)

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
Jeopardy! Seeking Former Tournament of Champions Players
« Reply #45 on: July 14, 2013, 04:29:05 PM »

As it stands right now, here is some information on how the upcoming Jeopardy! Decades Tournament is going to work.

Forty-five notable players from the past are divided into decades of Jeopardy! (1984-1993, 1994-2003, 2004-2013).

As it stands right now, that\'s kinda disappointing because the website never states \"Trebek era only\" and doing this omits the Fleming era (which could just be bundled as \"1964-79\" to avoid any problems), something the show doesn\'t usually do.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

jage

« Reply #46 on: July 14, 2013, 04:34:19 PM »

I like it. Enough to make it something out of the ordinary and a special event, but not an overdone fiasco that will take over half a season. It won\'t happen, but it\'d be cool to use retro effects and music for the earlier decades matches.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #47 on: July 14, 2013, 04:39:55 PM »

As it stands right now, that\'s kinda disappointing because the website never states \"Trebek era only\" and doing this omits the Fleming era (which could just be bundled as \"1964-79\" to avoid any problems), something the show doesn\'t usually do.

Then I suggest you whip up a social media campaign to get Burns Cameron and Jay Wolpert on the ballot. Let us know how that works out.
Travis L. Eberle

SuperMatch93

« Reply #48 on: July 14, 2013, 04:51:41 PM »

WAIT A MINUTE.

On Friday, I got a survey from Sony Pictures to basically be a \"television insider.\" I auditioned at Kansas City in May, and was the only one there who was wearing a college sweatshirt (everyone else was dressed nice)

Hmm...

/will post proof if anyone asks.

-William https://dekochunterzz.bandcamp.com/
"30 years from now, people won’t care what we’re doing right now." - Bob Barker on The Price is Right, 1983

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #49 on: July 14, 2013, 06:08:06 PM »

WAIT A MINUTE.

On Friday, I got a survey from Sony Pictures to basically be a \"television insider.\" I auditioned at Kansas City in May, and was the only one there who was wearing a college sweatshirt (everyone else was dressed nice)

Hmm...

/will post proof if anyone asks.

Take it with a grain of salt. I haven\'t auditioned for the show in two years and got that email.

I like it. Enough to make it something out of the ordinary and a special event, but not an overdone fiasco that will take over half a season. It won\'t happen, but it\'d be cool to use retro effects and music for the earlier decades matches.

Seconded. I like the idea that every player has to win a game to get a bid into the real tournament. Considering how many different ways they skin their set for road shows, I\'m surprised we\'ve never seen a retro skin.

Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #50 on: July 15, 2013, 12:17:54 PM »
Just to make sure this doesn\'t get lost in the speculation and discussion sure to come: how was the Ultimate Tournament a fiasco?
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #51 on: July 15, 2013, 12:31:09 PM »

Just to make sure this doesn\'t get lost in the speculation and discussion sure to come: how was the Ultimate Tournament a fiasco?

It went on way too long and was basically a vehicle to milk Ken Jennings a little while longer.

I\'m not saying I didn\'t enjoy it, but I totally see where some folks might have considered a four-month long tournament to to be a lot over-the-top. Two MONTHS, just of first-round games? Really?

This one? Divided up into easily-managed-and-understood chunks, followed by a standard tournament. Simple.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #52 on: July 15, 2013, 12:33:08 PM »
But that doesn\'t make it a fiasco; that is to say a complete failure. If someone wants to say they didn\'t enjoy it or like how it was carried off, that\'s fine; you made worthwhile points just now. But that\'s \"something I didn\'t care for,\" not \"a fiasco.\"
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

« Reply #53 on: July 15, 2013, 12:45:52 PM »

But that doesn\'t make it a fiasco; that is to say a complete failure.

Oh, you\'re pointing at the dictionary again instead of understanding that language evolves, fine.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #54 on: July 15, 2013, 12:51:21 PM »
Fooga wop mahl. Chumble spuzz. On steroids.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 12:59:08 PM by TLEberle »
Travis L. Eberle

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #55 on: July 15, 2013, 08:43:25 PM »

Take this with the tiniest of grains of salt for now, but a few other forums are reporting that there\'s going to be a set change next season. I kinda think the current set looks like a \"concept set\" if that makes sense, so the change, to me, would be well received.

« Last Edit: July 15, 2013, 08:43:57 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #56 on: July 15, 2013, 08:50:29 PM »
I do not care what set change they make as long as they change back the scoreboards where negative scores were put in front of a pink background, instead of unreadable red text on blue field.
Travis L. Eberle

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #57 on: July 16, 2013, 12:32:15 AM »
So they\'re changing the set for the second time in four years? Why? Nothing wrong with the setup now.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

clemon79

« Reply #58 on: July 16, 2013, 12:54:53 AM »

So they\'re changing the set for the second time in four years? Why? Nothing wrong with the setup now.

I\'m gonna guess someone with a little more authority disagrees with you.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #59 on: July 16, 2013, 01:02:20 AM »

I\'m gonna guess someone with a little more authority disagrees with you.

That\'s for sure.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022