Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TPIR: Master Key Question  (Read 3489 times)

Argo

TPIR: Master Key Question
« on: May 11, 2013, 04:57:52 PM »

Hi All,

I\'m assuming that this has been mentioned somewhere but after searching I cannot find what I am looking for unless I am looking in the wrong place.

Just wondering how the keys are made and are they all different or are wins/losses triggered by something else, either a random generator or something like that. I have seen the keys for years and they all look to be the same from the shots i\'ve seen on air anyway.

Probably a stupid silly question, but never actually knew for certain how it was done.

Thanks

Mark

« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 04:59:21 PM by Argo »

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 05:10:31 PM »
Magnets are embedded in the keys, and that\'s what turns the lock mechanism.
Travis L. Eberle

WilliamPorygon

« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 05:10:56 PM »

It\'s done with magnets.  Each of the keys has a magnet hidden inside in a different spot (the Master Key has magnets in all three spots and the dud key has no magnets.)  When they\'re inserted in the locks and turned, if it\'s a key that wins the given prize the magnet activates something in the lock prop that releases the \"win\" sign.

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2013, 03:23:52 PM »

The things you learn on this forum.  I never knew this either.  Thanks for the knowledge, guys.

Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2013, 05:48:51 PM »
Same here. That\'s pretty cool!
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

knagl

• Executive Producer
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 02:37:16 AM »
Very interesting. I always thought it was just someone triggering the \"Win\" thing based on which key was selected, based on a pre-determined list of what key would open what lock.