Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Concentration Cues taken from TPiR  (Read 1694 times)

TheInquisitiveOne

Concentration Cues taken from TPiR
« on: December 23, 2003, 02:06:47 PM »
Good afternoon everyone!

I recently acquired an episode of Narz Concentration (from 1978) and, as I watched it, came across something interesting. During and after the Double Play round, I heard two very familiar cues from The Price is Right. The first one, though I do not know it by name, is used often today whenever the prizes for Most Expensive or Danger Price are revealed. The second one is the well-known "Splendido."

That brings up an interesting question. Were these cues first used on Concentration, later acquired by TPiR? Or was it the other way around?

Have at it, my friends!

The Inquisitive One
This is the Way.

uncamark

« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2003, 03:51:14 PM »
[quote name=\'TheInquisitiveOne\' date=\'Dec 23 2003, 02:06 PM\']Good afternoon everyone!

I recently acquired an episode of Narz Concentration (from 1978) and, as I watched it, came across something interesting. During and after the Double Play round, I heard two very familiar cues from The Price is Right. The first one, though I do not know it by name, is used often today whenever the prizes for Most Expensive or Danger Price are revealed. The second one is the well-known "Splendido."

That brings up an interesting question. Were these cues first used on Concentration, later acquired by TPiR? Or was it the other way around?[/quote]
I amy be wrong, but I believe that if it's just a synthesizer over a rhythm section, it's a cue Kalehoff or Score wrote for "Concentration" in 1973.  Anything else *might* have been written for "TPIR"--but considering how many familiar Score "TPIR" cues were heard on NBC's "SportsWorld" at around the same time, maybe not, meaning that they were just from Score's library.

chris319

• Co-Executive Producer
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2003, 04:40:18 PM »
I may be wrong, but I believe that if it's just a synthesizer over a rhythm section, it's a cue Kalehoff or Score wrote for "Concentration" in 1973. Anything else *might* have been written for "TPIR"
I think they went from Concentration to TPIR.

considering how many familiar Score "TPIR" cues were heard on NBC's "SportsWorld" at around the same time, maybe not, meaning that they were just from Score's library.
If the publisher of said cues was "G-T Associates", Goodson made money no matter what show they were played on ;-)

GSWitch

« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2003, 05:06:28 PM »
[quote name=\'uncamark\' date=\'Dec 23 2003, 02:51 PM\'] but considering how many familiar Score "TPIR" cues were heard on NBC's "SportsWorld" at around the same time, maybe not, meaning that they were just from Score's library. [/quote]
 I remember that when NBC Sports had The Arlington Million (Horse Racing), in their promo of the horse race, you heard The Bean Stalker's end theme.  

The Bean Stalker is famous as a theme for A NEW CAR!