Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Would you go on a game show you hate?  (Read 4628 times)

cmjb13

Would you go on a game show you hate?
« on: December 22, 2003, 01:28:22 PM »
Would you try out for a game show that you hate (assuming you hide the hatred from contestant coordinators) to win prizes?
Enjoy lots and lots of backstage TPIR photos and other fun stuff here. And yes, I did park in Syd Vinnedge's parking spot at CBS

catkins522

« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2003, 02:00:58 PM »
1) Fear Factor...ok, it's not a game show
2) Dollar a Second

Charles
-----------

Bigger and better....in HD!!!!

scully24

« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2003, 02:10:22 PM »
I would like to have been on Greed even though I didn't like the show.  It seemed like an easy way to win fairly big money.  Unfortunately I knew one of the producers...

Also, Weakest Link is a show I don't really like, but probably would have gone on if given the opportunity.

In a reversal of your topic, are there shows that you like to watch but wouldn't want to be a contestant?

Jimmy Owen

« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2003, 02:13:04 PM »
No.  Neither would I go on one I like.  I aspire to host a show but I don't want to be a contestant.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Jay Temple

« Reply #4 on: December 22, 2003, 02:53:35 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 22 2003, 12:28 PM\'] Would you try out for a game show that you hate (assuming you hide the hatred from contestant coordinators) to win prizes? [/quote]
 1) I wouldn't take the opportunity away from someone else who likes the show.
2) The Golden Rule:  If I had a game show, I wouldn't want someone to be on my show if they didn't like it.  Therefore, I wouldn't try out for someone else's show if I didn't like it.
3) I think you're "assuming" a lot.  I hope that contestant co-ordinators would figure out that such a person is not someone they want on the show, even if they didn't specifically figure out that he doesn't like it.  In particular, if they have mock games as part of the audition process, I suspect such a player would play in a way that they don't like to put on the air.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

BrandonFG

« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2003, 03:46:55 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 22 2003, 01:28 PM\'] Would you try out for a game show that you hate (assuming you hide the hatred from contestant coordinators) to win prizes? [/quote]
 No...all the game shows I hate all involve someone screwing their teammate(s) over, mainly Friend or Foe. That's really the only one I couldn't stand, Weakest Link and Greed were cool, if the contestants looked at competence and not personal agendas or bias against another.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

uncamark

« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2003, 04:02:55 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 22 2003, 01:28 PM\']Would you try out for a game show that you hate (assuming you hide the hatred from contestant coordinators) to win prizes?[/quote]
I wasn't really that wild about "Card Sharks" back in 1979 but I did try out for it in LA.  I have the feeling that the contestant people figured that out, since I was shown the door after the "tell us about yourself" and the written test.  And the guy walking out the door with me to the elevator said that he didn't care much for game shows himself, but just needed the money.  I bet the contestant people figured that out pronto.

On the next day and "Whew!," things were different--but a medical disruption and the need to return to LA for a second interview kept me from going on.  Down the hall from where the audition took place, I found out years later that Randy Amasia was in a tryout for Wolpert's pilot "Pandemonium" that day.  If only I'd known him then...

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2003, 05:13:13 PM »
[quote name=\'cmjb13\' date=\'Dec 22 2003, 11:28 AM\'] Would you try out for a game show that you hate (assuming you hide the hatred from contestant coordinators) to win prizes? [/quote]
 Absolutely. If I was going on a game show with the intent of maximizing my winnings, Wheel Of Fortune would be right at the top of my list. They give away cash like it came out of a Monopoly set, and I'm reasonably certain I could kick the crap out of whatever attempts at opponents they threw at me. :)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JayC

« Reply #8 on: December 22, 2003, 10:31:47 PM »
Id go on a teen jeopardy even though jeopardy on occasion bores me to death.

J.R.

« Reply #9 on: December 22, 2003, 11:36:44 PM »
I really disliked "JEP!", but I wanted to go on anyway so I could show off my knoledge and shut-out the other kids.

Unrelated q: Was "JEP!" a GSN Original ?

-Joe R.
-Joe Raygor

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2003, 01:16:21 AM »
[quote name=\'JRaygor\' date=\'Dec 22 2003, 11:36 PM\'] I really disliked "JEP!", but I wanted to go on anyway so I could show off my knoledge and shut-out the other kids.

Unrelated q: Was "JEP!" a GSN Original ?

-Joe R. [/quote]
 Even though your "grand" prize would be a limo ride to school?

Yes, JEP! was a GSN original.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

JayC

« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2003, 01:35:47 AM »
[quote name=\'Dsmith\' date=\'Dec 23 2003, 01:16 AM\'] -Joe R. [/QUOTE]
Even though your "grand" prize would be a limo ride to school?
 [/quote]
 In second grade, I got a couple of rides to and from school in a limo, my moms boyfriend owned and drived one.  Made me pretty popular.

Along the lines of Joe's question- Was Wheel 2000 a GSN original?

Ian Wallis

« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2003, 08:59:15 AM »
I probably would.  I've tried a couple of times to get on a game show in the past but have been unsuccessful.  I probably would even go on something like "Friend or Foe" (which I don't really care for) if the opportunity arose just to have the experience.  Since you're allowed on more than one game show in your life once something I really wanted to go on came up I'd still have a shot at it.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

zachhoran

« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2003, 09:09:06 AM »
[quote name=\'JayC\' date=\'Dec 23 2003, 01:35 AM\']

Along the lines of Joe's question- Was Wheel 2000 a GSN original? [/quote]
 WHeel 2000 was produced for CBS, but reruns of it did air on GSN from 1997-2001.

zachhoran

« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2003, 09:12:53 AM »
[quote name=\'Ian Wallis\' date=\'Dec 23 2003, 08:59 AM\'] I probably would.  I've tried a couple of times to get on a game show in the past but have been unsuccessful.  I probably would even go on something like "Friend or Foe" (which I don't really care for) if the opportunity arose just to have the experience.  Since you're allowed on more than one game show in your life once something I really wanted to go on came up I'd still have a shot at it. [/quote]
 I wonder if some of our excessive game show love and knowledge turned anyone away from getting on a show? Just a thought.