Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Help Wanted!  (Read 12222 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Help Wanted!
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2013, 10:49:11 PM »
And that\'s also your compensation for a correct answer.

The acknowledgement of Matt Ottinger trumps any renumeration Goodson-Todman could possibly provide.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

The Ol' Guy

Help Wanted!
« Reply #16 on: February 27, 2013, 08:56:15 AM »

IIRC, during the earliest ABC days, people who were chosen for and returned their polls got some type of Family Feud bumper sticker. Thanks for the chance to play. I\'m with Matt. Some of the questions screamed first response (even though it might mean, \"The top - and only - three answers are on the board to this question\" - and others were ones where it was fun to write down less obvious answers for the challenge of it. Hope your project goes well. ....

BrandonFG

Help Wanted!
« Reply #17 on: February 27, 2013, 09:18:29 AM »

I wanna say I vaguely remember seeing open calls for survey responders on Combs\' Feud. I want to say Gene Wood read a plug calling for a certain demographic, i.e. first time mothers. This would\'ve been early in the Combs run...no later than 1990 or so.

Honestly, with technology being what it is, I\'m surprised the current version isn\'t using its Twitter or Facebook feeds to call for survey answers, as opposed to just retweeting comments from everyone who think the show is so awesome, or how Steve keeps them in stitches. Hell, just have something on the site, with a login process making it so that you can only do a poll once every six months.

Then again, the average Twitter user is probably college age, so you\'d prolly get nothing but a bombardment of \"penis\" or \"420\" responses. Don\'t know if the show would work if that was the answer to every. Single. Survey.......... 

/Obligatory winky smiley

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TimK2003

Help Wanted!
« Reply #18 on: February 27, 2013, 02:36:39 PM »

Question for Chris C.:

Did Card Sharks & Family Feud ever send combined survey questions to those writing in to participate, or did they ever share their individual survey data between the two shows for use as questions on the other\'s show, since it was all going to 6430 Sunset Blvd. anyways? 

/I tried to participate once, and never got a response -- to this day I think I sent the post card to *5430* Sunset by mistake and never tried again.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Help Wanted!
« Reply #19 on: February 27, 2013, 02:41:26 PM »
How would you use a binary response question on Family Feud? How would you use an open-ended survey question on Card Sharks?
Travis L. Eberle

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
Help Wanted!
« Reply #20 on: February 27, 2013, 04:32:47 PM »
How would you use a binary response question on Family Feud? How would you use an open-ended survey question on Card Sharks?

I think he means a sheet with both types of questions on it. \"While we have you here, let\'s have you do some CS questions.\"

Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

TimK2003

Help Wanted!
« Reply #21 on: February 27, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »

I think he means a sheet with both types of questions on it. \"While we have you here, let\'s have you do some CS questions.\"

Exactly.  However, there were some Feud survey questions that *could have* become fodder & spawned ideas for future Card Sharks questions. 

Feud Example: \"We asked 100 Men, name something you wear to a funeral\".   Now if there was a \"interesting\" number of a specific response (say 22 people said \"Tennis Shoes/Sneakers\"), Card Sharks could expound on the Feud answer to create a new Sharks question by asking 100 men in a separate survey, \"Have you ever worn sneakers to a funeral?\".  Or you can really get specific and say, \"We asked 100 men from West Virginia: Have you ever worn sneakers to a funeral?\"

aaron sica

Help Wanted!
« Reply #22 on: February 27, 2013, 06:22:48 PM »

And that\'s EXACTLY what we did at my GSC back in \'97.

I believe it was the late Randy Amasia who came up with that idea....Just take the top answer from the Family Feud home game, and boom - instant CS question.

TimK2003

Help Wanted!
« Reply #23 on: February 27, 2013, 06:50:42 PM »
And that\'s EXACTLY what we did at my GSC back in \'97.

I believe it was the late Randy Amasia who came up with that idea....Just take the top answer from the Family Feud home game, and boom - instant CS question.

I actually watched that video a couple of weeks ago (because we [still] are a drinking community) ;-) 

trainman

Help Wanted!
« Reply #24 on: February 27, 2013, 10:53:35 PM »

Anyone else watch \"Conan,\" and specifically, the \"Bill Tull\'s Budget _____ Tips\" segment? Now I\'m picturing \"Randy Amasia\'s Budget Game Show Tips.\"

\"Take this letter of the alphabet, zoom through it -- boom, instant game show logo.\"

\"Take these 6 people, slide in 3 more -- boom, instant \'Match Game/Hollywood Squares Hour.\'\"

\"Take this tape labeled \'Double Dare,\' play it -- boom, instant \'Card Sharks\' theme song.\"
trainman is a man of trains

Unrealtor

Help Wanted!
« Reply #25 on: February 28, 2013, 12:14:42 AM »

Exactly.  However, there were some Feud survey questions that *could have* become fodder & spawned ideas for future Card Sharks questions. 

Feud Example: \"We asked 100 Men, name something you wear to a funeral\".   Now if there was a \"interesting\" number of a specific response (say 22 people said \"Tennis Shoes/Sneakers\"), Card Sharks could expound on the Feud answer to create a new Sharks question by asking 100 men in a separate survey, \"Have you ever worn sneakers to a funeral?\".  Or you can really get specific and say, \"We asked 100 men from West Virginia: Have you ever worn sneakers to a funeral?\"

I think I remember some Card Sharks questions that asked about how many people responded a certain way to an open-ended question. (To make up an example, \"We asked 100 married women \'What color was your wedding dress?\' How many of those married women said that their dress was not white?\") Some of that type of question could easily be taken from surveys that didn\'t work for Feud.

"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
Help Wanted!
« Reply #26 on: February 28, 2013, 12:18:49 AM »
Some of that type of question could easily be taken from surveys that didn\'t work for Feud.
But who would write that question for Feud? \"Besides white name a color a bride\'s dress might be\" may as well be \"Name a color.\" On the Venn diagram of survey questions I don\'t think there\'s much intersection of the two shows at all, and I don\'t think they\'d write questions with the other show in mind when there\'s so many good show specific questions that exist.
Travis L. Eberle

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Help Wanted!
« Reply #27 on: February 28, 2013, 12:28:20 AM »
But who would write that question for Feud? \"Besides white name a color a bride\'s dress might be\" may as well be \"Name a color.\"

Maybe, but I bet you any money pink and yellow both place pretty high.

Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Unrealtor

Help Wanted!
« Reply #28 on: February 28, 2013, 01:21:19 AM »
Some of that type of question could easily be taken from surveys that didn\'t work for Feud.

But who would write that question for Feud? \"Besides white name a color a bride\'s dress might be\" may as well be \"Name a color.\" On the Venn diagram of survey questions I don\'t think there\'s much intersection of the two shows at all, and I don\'t think they\'d write questions with the other show in mind when there\'s so many good show specific questions that exist.

It may not be the greatest example anyway, but the corresponding Feud question I envisioned didn\'t have the \"besides white\" attached. Those triple-round surveys where there was one obvious answer and two obscure ones on the board had to come from somewhere.

I\'m not saying that every Feud question has a number that\'s interesting enough to be a worthwhile Card Sharks question, but I think there may have been the occasional surprisingly high number for a seemingly-obscure answer or an unusually low one for a seemingly-obvious answer that got sent down the hall precisely because it was surprising.

"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

joshg

Help Wanted!
« Reply #29 on: March 01, 2013, 12:20:40 AM »
Done.

Just curious, what method did they use to conduct the surveys on the Dawson or Combs series?

When I participated, every month or so I received a 2 or 3 page list of questions in the mail to fill out. This continued for about 2 or 3 years. I\'m pretty sure I was the only one in my high school who was one of the \"100 people surveyed\".

Josh

Because Chiffon Wrinkles...