Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN Revives Minute To Win It  (Read 16230 times)

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
GSN Revives Minute To Win It
« Reply #45 on: March 14, 2013, 06:41:25 PM »
Which means what exactly? I thought by the end of the NBC run that 1 vs. 100 had the money just right; the problem was that the One could bail out. \'Course if you don\'t have that then \"the money or the mob\" doesn\'t become an enduring catch phrase, does it.
Travis L. Eberle

TimK2003

« Reply #46 on: March 14, 2013, 08:25:23 PM »

I\'m feeling better that the top prize is now $250K. Just hope they don\'t pull a 1 vs 100 with the money ladder.

Now that there is no money earmarked for Guy Fieri\'s hair gel anymore, I\'m feeling better about it as well.

NickS

« Reply #47 on: March 15, 2013, 09:18:58 AM »
Apolo Anton Ohno is at least a bigger name than Bill Engvall, Mike Richards or Dylan Lane. I give GSN credit for that. Let\'s see how they handle this, but I\'m feeling better that the top prize is now $250K. Just hope they don\'t pull a 1 vs 100 with the money ladder.

Name ≠ great host.

BrandonFG

« Reply #48 on: March 15, 2013, 10:05:48 AM »
Apolo Anton Ohno is at least a bigger name than Bill Engvall, Mike Richards or Dylan Lane. I give GSN credit for that. Let\'s see how they handle this, but I\'m feeling better that the top prize is now $250K. Just hope they don\'t pull a 1 vs 100 with the money ladder.

Name ≠ great host.

Shhhhh...he thinks he\'s on to something. 

For the record, Bill Engvall doesn\'t go in the same category as Mike or Dylan. He at least made a name from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour...and that awful TBS sitcom.

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #49 on: March 15, 2013, 11:50:10 AM »
For the record, Bill Engvall doesn\'t go in the same category as Mike or Dylan. He at least made a name from the Blue Collar Comedy Tour...and that awful TBS sitcom.

To an awful lot of people Engvall is MUCH better known than Ohno.  Still, that sort of thing is very much relative and irrelevant.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

BillCullen1

« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2013, 07:08:25 AM »

Watch - the $250K event will be speed skating against Ohno - oh no!

I\'ll watch the first couple of eps out of curiosity.

Jeremy Nelson

« Reply #51 on: April 11, 2013, 06:58:18 PM »
You bite your tongue. That awful sitcom gave us Jennifer Lawrence.

I still stand my belief that Minute To Win It is a game best produced when people or teams are competing against one another. Not every game show works when it\'s solely Player vs House.
« Last Edit: April 11, 2013, 07:06:58 PM by Jeremy Nelson »
Fact To Make You Feel Old: Just about every contestant who appears in a Price is Right Teen Week episode from here on out has only known a world where Drew Carey has been the host.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #52 on: April 11, 2013, 07:28:38 PM »
On the other hand, I always thought that Beat the Clock was less watchable as they added more teams to it, culminating in the fail parade on PAX in 2002. And something to think about: Beat the Clock in the origiinal iteration had a (very abbreviated) money ladder. Personally I found Minute to Win it slightly more watchable when they deviated from the standard format.
Travis L. Eberle

BillCullen1

« Reply #53 on: April 15, 2013, 11:19:53 AM »

A GSN promo stating an \"Olympic great\" is coming to GSN and there will be a Sneak Peak on May 16 at 10 pm.

Joe Mello

• has hit the time release button
« Reply #54 on: April 17, 2013, 06:50:55 PM »
A GSN promo stating an \"Olympic great\" is coming to GSN and there will be a Sneak Peak on May 16 at 10 pm.

Fred Roggin? But I thought The Money List was cancelled awhile ago.

This signature is currently under construction.

BillCullen1

« Reply #55 on: April 17, 2013, 10:39:34 PM »

Fred Roggin? But I thought The Money List was cancelled awhile ago.

Update - a GSN promo now says the \"sneak preview\" will be on May 23.

For the record, I thought The Money List  was a good effort on GSN\'s part.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #56 on: April 21, 2013, 06:25:40 PM »
I\'m hearing through the grapevine, which I\'m not posting about on my blog yet until I get more confirmation, that Guy Fieri offered to come back to the show for the 40 episodes being taped, even for a lesser pay check, but the production company (Shine) along with GSN declined Fieri, and a month later picked up Ohno.

My source is a GSN head who was also part of casting, and helped get Apolo. I\'ll check back in within the next few days.
[citation needed]
Travis L. Eberle

Matt Ottinger

« Reply #57 on: April 21, 2013, 09:22:31 PM »

If true, the logical assumption would be that if GSN is going to the trouble of making new shows, they ought to be clearly identifiable as new to the viewer.

This has been another installment of Matt Ottinger's Masters of the Obvious.
Stay tuned for all the obsessive-compulsive fun of Words Have Meanings.

weaklink75

« Reply #58 on: May 21, 2013, 01:45:07 PM »

Here\'s the press release-not a daily show, 2 eps a week back to back on Tuesdays, so the 40 eps will last a while...

http://thefutoncritic.com/news/2013/05/21/gsn-announces-sneak-peek-of-new-original-series-minute-to-win-it-on-may-23rd-at-1000-pm-et-709213/20130521gsn01/

BillCullen1

« Reply #59 on: May 24, 2013, 09:55:40 PM »

I saw the last 20 minutes of the sneak preview. Apparently, Apolo\'s catch phrase is \"every . . .second . . .counts.\" Looks like a decent version of the NBC series.