Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Game Show Terrors  (Read 31157 times)

Steve Gavazzi

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #45 on: January 30, 2013, 12:09:22 AM »
And of course the same was done for the last four weeks of Allen Ludden\'s run on Password Plus.  Wonder if any of the OB versions of those episodes exist anywhere, with the announcement intact?

I seriously doubt any such announcements ever existed, seeing as when said epiodes aired, Allen was still alive.

GiraffeBoy

• "He can solve puzzles, that's for sure."-Pat Sajak
Game Show Terrors
« Reply #46 on: January 30, 2013, 01:29:00 AM »

Two words: Ken Basin.

"B, 2 hours, 52 minutes, 59 seconds...final answer?"
WWTBAM Play It! DCA Million Point Winner #42 - Stick your neck out with pride!

JMFabiano

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #47 on: January 30, 2013, 01:59:00 AM »
And of course the same was done for the last four weeks of Allen Ludden\'s run on Password Plus.  Wonder if any of the OB versions of those episodes exist anywhere, with the announcement intact?

I seriously doubt any such announcements ever existed, seeing as when said epiodes aired, Allen was still alive.

I should have clarified that...the (alleged) announcements were to mention Allen\'s illness, not death. 

I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

JMFabiano

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #48 on: January 30, 2013, 02:02:42 AM »

And back to closing logos, check out the (creepy) end to St. Elsewhere...

I don\'t think this was ever seen again in reruns.  Censorship on behalf of MTM/whoever, perhaps?

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Terrors
« Reply #49 on: January 30, 2013, 02:10:39 AM »
Censorship on behalf of MTM/whoever, perhaps?

Did you really just suggest a conspiracy theory without a single shred of evidence to back it up? Really?
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

DrBear

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #50 on: January 30, 2013, 02:11:10 AM »

To this day, I\'m not entirely comfortable with the Warner Bros\' \"WB\" badge - the way it was all angles and came shooting straight at you. DUCK, RABBIT, DUCK!

This isn't a plug, but you can ask me about my book.

JMFabiano

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #51 on: January 30, 2013, 02:19:27 AM »
To this day, I\'m not entirely comfortable with the Warner Bros\' \"WB\" badge - the way it was all angles and came shooting straight at you. DUCK, RABBIT, DUCK!

I forgot about that!  And the \"twang\" sound effect...I turned the volume down before any Merrie Melody/Looney Tune began, believe me. 

JMFabiano

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #52 on: January 30, 2013, 02:22:02 AM »
Censorship on behalf of MTM/whoever, perhaps?

Did you really just suggest a conspiracy theory without a single shred of evidence to back it up? Really?

I was asking a question.  I didn\'t say they definitely censored it. 

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Game Show Terrors
« Reply #53 on: January 30, 2013, 02:29:37 AM »
I was asking a question.

Yeah, that was always Glenn Beck\'s excuse, too.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
Game Show Terrors
« Reply #54 on: January 30, 2013, 03:23:50 AM »

Considering you are acting like Mr. Beck in attacking under false pretenses don\'t throw stones.

It was a simple question, no need to overreact to it.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:30:16 AM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Chief-O

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #55 on: January 30, 2013, 09:10:50 AM »

You must\'ve seen http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kuJ3NeVlcwE" class="bbc_link" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer">\"Lumber-Jack Rabbit\" at least once in your life.

.....and it goes like this!!!

Robair

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #56 on: January 30, 2013, 09:24:15 AM »

Most unsettling thing ever on GSN was \"Beat the Clock\" when they started the \"Hickory Dickory Dock\" thing to open the show. After the song they showed creepy bottom-lit faces of a mom, dad, and young sun, slowly zooming in on their laughing faces as about a hundred people could be heard laughing. Extremely creepy. Ugh! Brrr!

--Robair

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Game Show Terrors
« Reply #57 on: January 30, 2013, 10:14:12 AM »
I\'d often watch the showcase reveal on TPIR from a distance when I was little - the clangs, whoops and \"DOUBLE SHOWCASE WINNER\" flashing on the screen terrified me.

Now here\'s how dumb I was--I cringed on a Showcase overbid because I didn\'t like the buzzer (not realizing it\'s the same klaxon buzzer used in \"Clock Game,\" \"Most Expensive\" and other games that didn\'t use the more common buzzer).

TPiR--big enough for two buzzer sound effects.

« Last Edit: January 30, 2013, 05:57:12 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

BrandonFG

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #58 on: January 30, 2013, 12:18:45 PM »
Also related to the injury fear, I remembered my mom watching Y&R around that time and seeing Davidson\'s character get hit by a car.

Wow...I remember watching that too. I\'m pretty sure it was over the Christmas break, because I was out of school, but I remember being a bit curious about whether Doug was being written out of Y&R.

TPiR94 was of course canceled a month or so later, but I wonder had the show taken off, would that have been Y&R\'s way of allowing Doug out of the show?

"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

JMFabiano

Game Show Terrors
« Reply #59 on: January 30, 2013, 12:46:58 PM »

Considering you are acting like Mr. Beck in attacking under false pretenses don\'t throw stones.

It was a simple question, no need to overreact to it.

Thank you for adding some reason to this! 

So, um, if I can rephrase my question in proper GSF-ese....I notice that you never saw the \"Mimsie dying\" end to the St. Elsewhere finale after the original broadcast.  Does anyone know why that might have been?  Extensive detective work to back up your suggestions necessary, apparently!

Most unsettling thing ever on GSN was \"Beat the Clock\" when they started the \"Hickory Dickory Dock\" thing to open the show. After the song they showed creepy bottom-lit faces of a mom, dad, and young sun, slowly zooming in on their laughing faces as about a hundred people could be heard laughing. Extremely creepy. Ugh! Brrr!

I can see your point.  But I actually thought it was funny the first time I saw it.  It reminded me of the Carrie \"they\'re all gonna laugh at you\" scene.