Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A Jeopardy rumor...  (Read 1664 times)

Kevin Prather

A Jeopardy rumor...
« on: March 06, 2004, 08:53:04 PM »
My friend told me that one time a long time ago, he didn't say when, he was watching Jeopardy, and the FJ clue was "It's the name of a common skin condition and a venereal disease widespread in Europe in the 1700s". This is paraphrased, naturally.

The correct response is "What are goosebumps?", but apparently one contestant wrote down "What are rug burns?"

This strikes me as what would be a very hilarious moment, but the question is whether or not it really happened.

Input?

Jay Temple

A Jeopardy rumor...
« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2004, 10:57:33 PM »
I can't say authoritatively that it didn't happen, but I am highly suspicious, mainly because he said "a long time ago."  Within the past couple years, I wouldn't be completely taken aback by such a clue, but if it's "a long ago," I don't believe that they'd have a clue about such diseases.

P.S.  I realize you said this was a paraphrase, but if they did have a clue about such them, they would most likely use the phrase "sexually transmitted disease."
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

JayC

A Jeopardy rumor...
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2004, 07:24:21 PM »
[quote name=\'Jay Temple\' date=\'Mar 6 2004, 10:57 PM\'] I can't say authoritatively that it didn't happen, but I am highly suspicious, mainly because he said "a long time ago."  Within the past couple years, I wouldn't be completely taken aback by such a clue, but if it's "a long ago," I don't believe that they'd have a clue about such diseases.

P.S.  I realize you said this was a paraphrase, but if they did have a clue about such them, they would most likely use the phrase "sexually transmitted disease." [/quote]
 Goosebumps is an STD?

Game show related- Only 20 more days till the college MDS!

JayC

A Jeopardy rumor...
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2004, 09:00:07 PM »
oh, OK.  I'm pretty sure what "goosebumps" are now.  Thanks