Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: GSN, this is a new low, even for you (PYL and CS related)  (Read 47989 times)

Johnissoevil

GSN, this is a new low, even for you (PYL and CS related)
« Reply #90 on: December 09, 2012, 12:25:45 AM »
I loved your suggestions so much that I edited my post and threw them in there. :-)  Instead of Hold Everything, I put Bullard's Love Connection on after Card Guppies.  Three's a Crowd is on the schedule...All New, anyway.  I decided to stick with the 2 hours of infomercials from 7 to 9 and the 8 hours of more infomercials from midnight to 8.  Help is much appreciated, guys! :-)
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #91 on: December 09, 2012, 12:39:38 AM »
GSN had no problem leasing for 200 episodes of Press Your Luck in 2001, and had no problem leasing 200 Card Sharks episodes back in 2001.

The fact that GSN has now leased for only 50 episodes of both shows shows how pathetically off the cheap end GSN has gotten.

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #92 on: December 09, 2012, 12:42:01 AM »
GSN had no problem leasing for 200 episodes of Press Your Luck in 2001, and had no problem leasing 200 Card Sharks episodes back in 2001.

The fact that GSN has now leased for only 50 episodes of both shows shows how pathetically off the cheap end GSN has gotten.

This is 2012. Where the hell have you been?
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Johnissoevil

« Reply #93 on: December 09, 2012, 12:42:43 AM »

That was then, this is now.  And Card Sharks was part of a lease that included all of the Goodson-Todman library pre-1995 (save for TPIR and Feud '94).

Put your jammies on and go to sleep, will you?

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #94 on: December 09, 2012, 12:50:39 AM »
CS lease was actually in 2010, not 2001. And I don't care. This is still a clueless mistake on GSN's part.

GSN - Completely clueless since 2004.

Oh, and Mark Odor. If you are reading this, let it be known that you are nothing but a liar. You had the nerve to lie about me. Claiming that I know nothing about unaired episodes.

You obviously haven't ever taken a course in economics.  How does it make any fiscal sense to air episodes of a failing show when repeats pull the same ratings?  You're what, 45?  Time to take the fandom blinders off for a change.

Note to self: next time a thread is mainly Owen and gslover87, skip it.  I blame my lack of sleep.

Uh, Mark Odor, aren't you aware of the fact that syndicators show unaired episodes of TV shows in syndication? Quit pretending you are a 100% knowledgeable person. This is the dumbest thing you have ever said about me. You had no right to say this at all.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2012, 12:57:31 AM by gameshowlover87 »

J.R.

« Reply #95 on: December 09, 2012, 12:59:54 AM »
Wow... You've dug a hole so deep, I'm shocked you haven't fallen into China.
-Joe Raygor

J.R.

« Reply #96 on: December 09, 2012, 01:07:01 AM »
CS lease was actually in 2010, not 2001. And I don't care. This is still a clueless mistake on GSN's part.

Holy Jesus, Mother of Mary. You seriously get this worked up over this stuff?

Do your parents know of your obsession? They could get you the professional help you need.

Oh, and Mark Odor. If you are reading this, let it be known that you are nothing but a liar. You had the nerve to lie about me. Claiming that I know nothing about unaired episodes.
Uh, Mark Odor, aren't you aware of the fact that syndicators show unaired episodes of TV shows in syndication? Quit pretending you are a 100% knowledgeable person. This is the dumbest thing you have ever said about me. You had no right to say this at all.
Guy's got a flair for the dramatic. Gotta give him that. Ever thought about getting into acting?
-Joe Raygor

PYLdude

« Reply #97 on: December 09, 2012, 01:11:53 AM »

You obviously haven't ever taken a course in economics.  How does it make any fiscal sense to air episodes of a failing show when repeats pull the same ratings?  You're what, 45?  Time to take the fandom blinders off for a change.

Note to self: next time a thread is mainly Owen and gslover87, skip it.  I blame my lack of sleep.

You know, Mark and I are like oil and vinegar, but that is a completely asinine statement to make. Especially considering you did more to reinforce his point than you ever did to refute it.

And I guess you'll continue to get away with it too.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

Vahan_Nisanian

« Reply #98 on: December 09, 2012, 01:13:54 AM »
I don't need professional help. That's nonsense. I'm doing just fine.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #99 on: December 09, 2012, 01:15:40 AM »
"They tried to make me go to rehab/I said no, no no."
Travis L. Eberle

Tim L

« Reply #100 on: December 09, 2012, 01:18:40 AM »

Most of us have a certain amount of "geek factor" about Game Shows or we wouldnt be here, but this borders on insanity..At this point it just really doesnt matter about Card Sharks or Press Your Luck, and you DO need help,,

PYLdude

« Reply #101 on: December 09, 2012, 01:19:33 AM »
"They tried to make me go to rehab/I said no, no no."

I defy someone to top that...as wrong as it is.

J.R.

« Reply #102 on: December 09, 2012, 01:26:31 AM »
This may top "Every person on these boards should strive to be more like Zach Horan" as the Greatest Post Ever in the history of the Game Show Forum.
-Joe Raygor

BrandonFG

« Reply #103 on: December 09, 2012, 01:32:03 AM »
Uh, Mark Odor, aren't you aware of the fact that syndicators show unaired episodes of TV shows in syndication? Quit pretending you are a 100% knowledgeable person.
Oh the irony. This is getting really old.

BTW, can you read lips by any chance?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

Johnissoevil

« Reply #104 on: December 09, 2012, 01:40:19 AM »
I myself would love a GSN where the schedules were just like they were before October 1997, with PYL, $10k/$20k/$25k/$100k Pyramid, etc. thrown in there.  But GSN will never go back to that.  Does that make them "inhuman monsters" to me?  No, I just accept it and move on, if there's something I don't like on GSN, I don't watch.  Be lucky GSN even put PYL back on the schedule in the first place.  Quality, not quantity!