Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: TNPiR'94 Station List  (Read 8854 times)

Johnissoevil

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #30 on: November 27, 2012, 05:30:52 PM »
Johnissoevil you are wrong on KTVU it's actually 7:30 PM that goes up against Wheel of Fortune on KGO (despite airing the Nighttime Price is Right hosted by Tom Kennedy from 1985), and yes KTSF did aired the National Academic Championships right before CMC at 3:30 PM.

You're right.  Fixed it in my original post.  I originally had it on at 4pm in Jacksonville, so I actually made two goof ups.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

golden-road

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #31 on: November 27, 2012, 05:56:02 PM »
Johnissoevil you are wrong on KTVU it's actually 7:30 PM that goes up against Wheel of Fortune on KGO (despite airing the Nighttime Price is Right hosted by Tom Kennedy from 1985), and yes KTSF did aired the National Academic Championships right before CMC at 3:30 PM.

You're right.  Fixed it in my original post.  I originally had it on at 4pm in Jacksonville, so I actually made two goof ups.

We had Primestar (!) back then, and KTVU was one of the channels. IIRC, TNPiR'94 was replaced by Love Connection.

Steve Gavazzi

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #32 on: November 27, 2012, 09:57:16 PM »
I seem to remember that WTAJ in Altoona, PA, aired it at 7:30 on weeknights.  I have no clue how long it lasted -- I only remember watching it once.

tvmitch

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #33 on: November 30, 2012, 08:26:50 AM »
WTXF, Fox 29, in Philly aired the show on Saturday or Sunday afternoons as filler, and not every week. The show did not air weeknights. This is before Fox had football. I seem to remember that it aired around 3pm, sandwiched in between movies. Sometimes they would do a double-run. We got WTXF on cable, and I could occasionally pull it in on antenna on my little 13" black and white RCA TV that I had in my room. (Those were the days of analog TV...from our house in south central PA, that little 13 inch TV could get Scranton, Philly, Baltimore channels, and more...)

I remember seeing the show for the first time and to me, it was a complete surprise that it existed at all. I remember taping Barker TPiR the following Monday to see if they had changed the set to match the neat Davidson set.

I seem to recall Aaron Sica saying that the show aired in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York PA market on some station in the overnights, but I don't know if this was true, and I don't remember seeing it in the listings.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 08:28:47 AM by tvmitch »
You should follow me on Twitter

Johnissoevil

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #34 on: November 30, 2012, 02:44:13 PM »

We had Primestar (!) back then, and KTVU was one of the channels. IIRC, TNPiR'94 was replaced by Love Connection.

That's how I was able to access my second viewing at 10:30pm every night.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

Unrealtor

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #35 on: November 30, 2012, 04:44:31 PM »
Since It's turned into a list thread, I'll add: In Austin, it was on KVUE, afternoons at 4:00, back-to-back with The Challengers at 4:30.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 05:13:57 PM by Unrealtor »
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

BrandonFG

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #36 on: November 30, 2012, 04:58:58 PM »
Since It's turned into a list thread, I'll add: In Austin, it was on KVUE, afternoons at 4:00, back-to-back with The Challengers at 4:30.
Are you sure? The two shows were four years apart.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #37 on: November 30, 2012, 05:00:49 PM »
Which certainly ruins the "current events are current" conceit.
Travis L. Eberle

Unrealtor

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #38 on: November 30, 2012, 05:17:33 PM »

Now that you point that out, I think it must have been Trump Card. I remembered that they had another short-lived game back-to-back with the Challengers, and assumed it was TNPiR. Hadn't occurred to me until just now that the timelines didn't match up.
"It's for £50,000. If you want to, you may remove your trousers."

aaron sica

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #39 on: November 30, 2012, 07:21:31 PM »
WTXF, Fox 29, in Philly aired the show on Saturday or Sunday afternoons as filler, and not every week. The show did not air weeknights. This is before Fox had football. I seem to remember that it aired around 3pm, sandwiched in between movies. Sometimes they would do a double-run. We got WTXF on cable, and I could occasionally pull it in on antenna on my little 13" black and white RCA TV that I had in my room. (Those were the days of analog TV...from our house in south central PA, that little 13 inch TV could get Scranton, Philly, Baltimore channels, and more...)

I remember seeing the show for the first time and to me, it was a complete surprise that it existed at all. I remember taping Barker TPiR the following Monday to see if they had changed the set to match the neat Davidson set.

I seem to recall Aaron Sica saying that the show aired in the Harrisburg-Lancaster-Lebanon-York PA market on some station in the overnights, but I don't know if this was true, and I don't remember seeing it in the listings.

Two things:

Actually, it was *when* FOX got football - fall 1994 was when the NFC moved to FOX from CBS. Also, from what I think I remember, WGAL had it running at, I want to say, 2:05 a.m. It was also listed in TVG for as "New Price is Right", IIRC.

Wait, stop the train - SCRANTON channels? From Lancaster? How high up in altitude were you, and what channels did you pick up?
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 07:22:28 PM by aaron sica »

Jimmy Owen

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #40 on: December 01, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »
Channel 50 in Detroit had it at 7:30pm.  At the time the station was owned by Paramount.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

tvmitch

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #41 on: December 04, 2012, 09:10:51 AM »

Two things:

Actually, it was *when* FOX got football - fall 1994 was when the NFC moved to FOX from CBS. Also, from what I think I remember, WGAL had it running at, I want to say, 2:05 a.m. It was also listed in TVG for as "New Price is Right", IIRC.

Wait, stop the train - SCRANTON channels? From Lancaster? How high up in altitude were you, and what channels did you pick up?

Maybe it aired Saturday afternoons, then. I was not as much of a football fan in those years as I am now so the memory is a bit foggy. I don't dispute the fact that WGAL ran it on overnights. Next time I'm at my folks, I'll pull out some of those 1994 issues and see what was listed.

I had this ancient little 13" RCA black and white TV, a $5 garage sale find, that was a DXing superstar with just the built-in antenna. I wasn't higher than anyone else, really - just in a suburban neighborhood where I grew up. I had the TV in my second floor room, which had two windows facing out north and east. I could reliably pick up WBRE - many times with a signal clear as day - and sometimes WNEP. Not a DXing fluke. For awhile I made a habit of watching WBRE news. WYOU and WVIA would come in less often. I was never really successful in pulling in 38 or 56. I think I was able to tune in WFMZ a couple times as well. I was always trying to pull in the Baltimore channels but there must have been more interference because I would only get 11 or 13 once in a blue moon. I really hated taking that TV to be recycled when we had the digital switch.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2012, 09:13:39 AM by tvmitch »
You should follow me on Twitter

aaron sica

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #42 on: December 04, 2012, 11:35:44 AM »
I had this ancient little 13" RCA black and white TV, a $5 garage sale find, that was a DXing superstar with just the built-in antenna. I wasn't higher than anyone else, really - just in a suburban neighborhood where I grew up. I had the TV in my second floor room, which had two windows facing out north and east. I could reliably pick up WBRE - many times with a signal clear as day - and sometimes WNEP. Not a DXing fluke. For awhile I made a habit of watching WBRE news. WYOU and WVIA would come in less often. I was never really successful in pulling in 38 or 56. I think I was able to tune in WFMZ a couple times as well. I was always trying to pull in the Baltimore channels but there must have been more interference because I would only get 11 or 13 once in a blue moon. I really hated taking that TV to be recycled when we had the digital switch.

That is wild! When I lived in Bloomsburg, it was high enough in altitude that on the "Upper Campus" of the university, I found with my little pocket B&W TV, I could pick Harrisburg stations up (on the cable, they offered the "big three" of Scranton/WB and Philly). I used to bike up to the upper campus in the summer of '90 to see MG90, since neither WPVI or WNEP carried it. I miss analog TV for this very reason...

trainman

TNPiR'94 Station List
« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2012, 10:52:54 PM »
From my second-floor dorm room at Northwestern, I could reliably pick up UHF stations from various locations in Indiana and Michigan, particularly at night (also, the warmer the temperature, the better).  Probably didn't hurt that the building was within sight of Lake Michigan.  I remember watching Conan O'Brien on WNDU from South Bend on numerous occasions; reception was often better than from WMAQ.
trainman is a man of trains