Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Final episode mentions  (Read 38106 times)

GSWitch

Final episode mentions
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2003, 07:38:27 PM »
[quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 03:31 PM\'] The Witch is his "mascot," and one of the Witch's favorite shows is Just Men!

Or something like that. [/quote]
 That's right!  The "mascot" would like Just Men! & Treasure Hunt because they it was for female contestants only & BOTH shows rubbed it in when the grand prize was won.

However, the "Witch" hates it when there's an all-gentlemen panel or shows like Pro-Fan & Grandstand.

gameshowguy2000

Final episode mentions
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2003, 07:46:41 PM »
And I assume the "Witch" would also like Super Password, because the two-week ToC had all women! In fact, Eight of them!

BrandonFG

Final episode mentions
« Reply #62 on: December 20, 2003, 07:51:42 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 07:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 03:31 PM\'] The Witch is his "mascot," and one of the Witch's favorite shows is Just Men!

That's right!  The "mascot" would like Just Men! & Treasure Hunt because they it was for female contestants only & BOTH shows rubbed it in when the grand prize was won.

However, the "Witch" hates it when there's an all-gentlemen panel or shows like Pro-Fan & Grandstand. [/quote]
 God only knows why I'm taking part in this, but...

How did the "witch" feel when H2 did their Blondes Have More Fun week, considering the 9 squares were all female, but the contestants were male?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
Final episode mentions
« Reply #63 on: December 20, 2003, 08:30:06 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 05:38 PM\'] That's right!  The "mascot" would like Just Men! & Treasure Hunt because they it was for female contestants only & BOTH shows rubbed it in when the grand prize was won.

However, the "Witch" hates it when there's an all-gentlemen panel or shows like Pro-Fan & Grandstand. [/quote]
 I'm thinking there are some gender issues here that badly need to be resolved.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

JMFabiano

Final episode mentions
« Reply #64 on: December 21, 2003, 01:28:16 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 07:51 PM\'] [quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 07:38 PM\'] [quote name=\'PeterMarshallFan\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 03:31 PM\'] The Witch is his "mascot," and one of the Witch's favorite shows is Just Men!

God only knows why I'm taking part in this, but...

How did the "witch" feel when H2 did their Blondes Have More Fun week, considering the 9 squares were all female, but the contestants were male? [/quote]
 And was the witch mad because one certain blond former HS regular (and a former "witch" of sorts) was left out?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.

GSWitch

Final episode mentions
« Reply #65 on: December 21, 2003, 10:05:33 AM »
[quote name=\'gameshowguy2000\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 06:46 PM\'] And I assume the "Witch" would also like Super Password, because the two-week ToC had all women! In fact, Eight of them! [/quote]
 That's because the show was fixed (Scandal 2)!  Whenever the Super Password was @ $20,000 or better, male contestants were placed on hold until the jackpot was won!  Then when it went back to $5,000, men were invited again.

This also happened on Word Play ($15,000) & NBC's Wheel of Fortune original Jackpot space in 1986-87 ($5,000).  The Reg Grundy shows (Sale & Scrabble) are innocent.

GSWitch

Final episode mentions
« Reply #66 on: December 21, 2003, 10:07:31 AM »
[quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 06:51 PM\'] How did the "witch" feel when H2 did their Blondes Have More Fun week, considering the 9 squares were all female, but the contestants were male? [/quote]
 Just like Pro Fan & Grandstand, "Curses!  Curses!"

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Final episode mentions
« Reply #67 on: December 21, 2003, 12:51:57 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Dec 21 2003, 09:05 AM\'] That's because the show was fixed (Scandal 2)!  Whenever the Super Password was @ $20,000 or better, male contestants were placed on hold until the jackpot was won!  Then when it went back to $5,000, men were invited again.

This also happened on Word Play ($15,000) & NBC's Wheel of Fortune original Jackpot space in 1986-87 ($5,000).  The Reg Grundy shows (Sale & Scrabble) are innocent. [/quote]
 Not that I'm turning into a moderator (Chris C. and Matt do a fine job without having to resort to interference from some peon like myself), but that's a pretty serious accusation and one that I think needs some proof.

In fact, I can pretty much debunk it.  The infamous "Rip Taylor pulls off his toupee" episode of SP had a contestant going for a $40,000 or $45,000 jackpot.  The contestant in question--male (and he didn't get it, at least on that episode).

Doug
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

ChuckNet

Final episode mentions
« Reply #68 on: December 21, 2003, 12:58:12 PM »
In fact, I can pretty much debunk it. The infamous "Rip Taylor pulls off his toupee" episode of SP had a contestant going for a $40,000 or $45,000 jackpot. The contestant in question--male (and he didn't get it, at least on that episode).

It was $40K, and as it turns out, the champ won it on the next show when it went up to $45K.

Chuck Donegan (The Illustrious "Chuckie Baby")

Jimmy Owen

Final episode mentions
« Reply #69 on: December 21, 2003, 01:13:28 PM »
[quote name=\'GSWitch\' date=\'Dec 21 2003, 10:07 AM\'] [quote name=\'fostergray82\' date=\'Dec 20 2003, 06:51 PM\'] How did the "witch" feel when H2 did their Blondes Have More Fun week, considering the 9 squares were all female, but the contestants were male? [/quote]
Just like Pro Fan & Grandstand, "Curses!  Curses!" [/quote]
 Well, you don't have to resort to "Pro-Fan"ity.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.

Jim

Final episode mentions
« Reply #70 on: December 21, 2003, 02:23:35 PM »
These shows did make a goodbye statement:
1.) 50 Grand Slam - Tom Kennedy said some sort of goodbye speech and ended it with "and I'll see you next week on Name That Tune".
1a.) Kennedy also joked during the last week they wouldn't be needing the studio space after this.
2.) You're Number's Up - Nipsey announced, with Lee Menning at his side, this was the final show.  Both were upbeat and kind in their words.  Nipsey thanked NBC "for the use of the hall" and they waved goodbye.
3.) Art's Jeopardy (both versions) - Fleming gave what appeared to be a very sincere goodbye speech after the original version went off.  He spoke slowly and. although trying to put up a good front, seemed genuinely remorse.  I remember that, when the revival went off, his goodbye speech was remarkably similar to the original one in words, but deliverred in a much lighter tone and faster and more "matter of fact".  Maybe he got better as he went along in doing this kind of this thing.
4.) Joe G.'s TTTT - I never saw the final taped syndicated episode, but it has been posted elsewhere Joe gave some strange rambling speech at the end alluding to not being sure and we may not see you again...
5.) CBS The Joker's Wild 7X- I dont' remember his exact speech, but Jack stood behind his podium, nobody else on stage, and gave a short talk and I remember him saying something about the show being a personally important moment to him.
6.) Blockbusters - Bill gave a short speech.  He read some statistics that about an equal number of family pairs and solo players won.  He also said he had one of the best times in his career hosting that show.  Also, I don't remember if it was this show, but on one of Cullen's shows, he hears the above-average sustained applause at the start of the show and asks into the camera if they know something he doesn't.
7.) Hot Potato - Bill makes a short statement at the end of the show this is it.  As some of the celebrities ham it up humming in the background (tacky they can joke when the crew is facing unemployment) he tastefully says goodbye.  During the show, Bill jokes with Jan Murray he will be there next week standing in the same spot reading his little questions whether anybody else is there or not.  Jan Murray jokes he will round up a few challengers and join him.  
8.) Daly's WML - the entire show centers around this is it.  They reminisce and the panel gives tearful final words at the end as they say goodnight.  Daly is the mystery guest and scores a few "no" answers.  A wonderful show, contrasted with Bud's nighttime TTTT going away where he matter-of-factedly says this is the end and nobody seems to care.  Orson even jokes, "Goodbye forever and we'll see you tomorrow at 3."  TTTT does a bit better with the final daytime where Bud says a few nice words.  He should, considering it gave him a job for over 10 years.
9.) Las Vegas Gambit - As the last seconds of the game roll on, an edit of Wink is inserted into the top of the screen saying this is the last show and David Letterman will be premiering Monday.  He adds, "I think you will like it," and the little box with his picture goes away.
10.) The Better Sex- Bill and Sarah say some sort of speech and as the credits roll, Sarah is shown on stage mingling with the contestants crying away.
11.) Bruce Forsythe's Hot Streak - I think Bruce said something marking the end.
12.) All Star Secrets - Eubanks said something (dont' remember what)
13.) Dream House - Bob gave a nice going away message.
14.) Kennedy's Break the Bank - in the middle of a game a buzzer sounds and Kennedy announces this is the final show and to wrap things up before they go off the contestants will just pick boxes until someone wins (a la Barry's BTB speedup game).  
15.) Kennedy's Split Second - Monty Hall visits the show and thanks him for bringing a lot of class to the show.
16.) The New Battlestars - Alex begins the show by saying, "Welcome to the New Battlestars, soon to be the old Battlestars."
THOSE WITH NO GOODBYE SPEECHES
- Money Maze and Magnificane Marble Machine (reruns aired at the very end and no mention during the final original episode)
- Blyden What's My Line
- Cullen's  The Joker's Wild
- Second Chance

Don Howard

Final episode mentions
« Reply #71 on: December 21, 2003, 02:36:41 PM »
That's because the show was fixed (Scandal 2)! Whenever the Super Password was @ $20,000 or better, male contestants were placed on hold until the jackpot was won! Then when it went back to $5,000, men were invited again.

This also happened on Word Play ($15,000) & NBC's Wheel of Fortune original Jackpot space in 1986-87 ($5,000). The Reg Grundy shows (Sale & Scrabble) are innocent.

Problems. Big ones. Have you been hanging out with Lisa Pease?
« Last Edit: December 21, 2003, 03:13:50 PM by Don Howard »

Don Howard

Final episode mentions
« Reply #72 on: December 21, 2003, 02:41:20 PM »
9.) Las Vegas Gambit - As the last seconds of the game roll on, an edit of Wink is inserted into the top of the screen saying this is the last show and David Letterman will be premiering Monday.

Las Vegas Gambit replaced the first half of Letterman's daytime show. LVG was replaced by Regis Philbin's talk show which co-starred Mary Hart.

Don Minyard

Final episode mentions
« Reply #73 on: December 21, 2003, 03:04:11 PM »
Hi, I am new here, so I don't know all the tricks of replying just yet, but in reply to this:

Also, the original Sale of the Century didn't mention it on the show itself; the winning couple said that they were coming back on the next show, but over the closing credits, the announcer said that since this was the last episode, the producers decided to give them their prize (I think it was a trip to Acapulco) anyway.

The reason for this would have been that there was likely an extra show taped. SOTC was cancelled near the end of the era of the Watergate/Nixon Impeachment Hearings.  When shows were pre-empted, the next show in sequence would be broadcast the next time the show was scheduled to be aired.  

This was especially noticeable with shows featuring celebrities.  A week might run five, six or seven days depending on which network(s) carried the Watergate festivities on which day(s).  

Now here is one for the children of the 60's:  Which game shows were cancelled on Christmas Day?

Jimmy Owen

Final episode mentions
« Reply #74 on: December 21, 2003, 03:49:29 PM »
[quote name=\'Jim\' date=\'Dec 21 2003, 02:23 PM\']
THOSE WITH NO GOODBYE SPEECHES
- Money Maze and Magnificane Marble Machine (reruns aired at the very end and no mention during the final original episode)
- Blyden What's My Line
- Cullen's  The Joker's Wild
- Second Chance [/quote]
 "Second Chance" did have farewell speech.  Jim said "and this is our last game of 'Second Chance'....I'd like to thank......' etc, etc. I have it on audio tape somewhere and can transcribe the speech if anyone wants me to.
Let's Make a Deal was the first show to air on Buzzr. 6/1/15 8PM.