Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: A response to the earlier Whew-related announcement.  (Read 24006 times)

GrandGame1440

A response to the earlier Whew-related announcement.
« Reply #45 on: October 29, 2012, 03:12:10 AM »
This thread really turned into a downer, didn't it?

Thanks again Terry for all you do.

Phil V

« Reply #46 on: October 29, 2012, 03:55:01 AM »
So...back on topic.  If I may ask, where's the reel been all this time?
Due to an error in judgment, a contestant's post was removed and the thread edited.

Offshored2007

« Reply #47 on: October 31, 2012, 02:16:14 PM »
This thread really turned into a downer, didn't it?

Thanks again Terry for all you do.
Renewed and sent a nice e-mail to Terry.  I'll skip eating lunch out a few times to make up for the $50.

Ian Wallis

« Reply #48 on: October 31, 2012, 04:17:08 PM »
I registered for a 1-year subscription earlier this week.  I've been waiting for Whew! - can't wait until it's sent!

It was also interesting watching the first episode of the show - I noticed a couple of the music cues are slightly different and the boxes on row 6 are red instead of green.  When a contestant put a block there, it was hard to see it, so that's likely why they changed it.
For more information about Game Shows and TV Guide Magazine, click here:
https://gamesandclassictv.neocities.org/
NEW LOCATION!!!

mparrish11

• Marriage is the leading cause of divorce.
« Reply #49 on: November 02, 2012, 10:10:43 AM »
I bought a membership right after reading this announcement.  Couldn't believe my eyes when I first read it.  I shouldn't have let my original membership expire.  Can't wait to get the music! :-)

Keep up the great work, Terry!
--Matt

Chief-O

« Reply #50 on: November 02, 2012, 10:41:10 AM »
Note to self: Sell the various pieces of electronic junk I have in my closet. I'm sure I'll make at least $50 on it. :P

/and I hear they posted the 3Ws theme and some All-New LMAD stuff since my membership lapsed out
//[checks the Twitter] Oh, "48 Hours" too?
« Last Edit: November 02, 2012, 10:42:34 AM by Chief-O »
.....and it goes like this!!!

DoorNumberFour

• ChristianCarrion.com
« Reply #51 on: November 02, 2012, 01:29:44 PM »
Just bought a 1-year membership. Cannot freakin' wait.

Question, though: in the picture of the tape box that Terry put up, a track is titled "Hey Jude." The hell is that?
Podcaster, National Archives of Game Show History
"Tell Us About Yourself: Conversations with Game Show Contestants" available on all streaming services
christian@christiancarrion.com

Argo

« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2012, 12:37:20 AM »
Just bought a 1-year membership. Cannot freakin' wait.

Question, though: in the picture of the tape box that Terry put up, a track is titled "Hey Jude." The hell is that?

I'm guessing a song that repeats and repeats for 7 minutes like the real one lol.

Slightly off topic though, just wondering does anyone know when the more rock-type cues were used Woolery WOF?  Was it around the same time that Whew premiered? I'm curious as to see if any of the later Thicke WOF cues were part of the Whew package. Would be awesome to find but highly doubtful. I guess we will find out eventually.

M
« Last Edit: November 03, 2012, 12:41:22 AM by Argo »

BrandonFG

« Reply #53 on: November 03, 2012, 11:00:11 AM »
From the episodes I've seen on Youtube, the rock cues were used between 1978-80.
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

WarioBarker

• Mind Wanderer
« Reply #54 on: November 03, 2012, 01:05:24 PM »
does anyone know when the more rock-type cues were used Woolery WOF? Was it around the same time that Whew premiered?
From the episodes I've seen on Youtube, the rock cues were used between 1978-80.
Short answer: approximately December 4, 1979 through August 5, 1983.

Long answer: the first "new" outro cue, which I found out was very similar to "", debuted by December 4, 1979; the other, which I'm reasonably certain uses an electric guitar (decent-length sample from '81 here), debuted by the 31st -- an episode which uses the other "new" cue for the Round 3 prize descriptions. The "Big Wheels" outro cue, which appears to have been discarded when the other two debuted, returned around late 1980...at which point the three cues began a rotation that doesn't seem to have been consistent.

(Sorry if that went into Horan-style territory.)

I'm curious as to see if any of the later Thicke WOF cues were part of the Whew package. Would be awesome to find but highly doubtful. I guess we will find out eventually.
Might be among the unused cues, although they don't really fit too well with the Whew! music style.
The Game Show Forum: beating the **** out of the competition since 2003.

I'm just a mind wanderer, walking in eternity...

Phil V

« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2012, 12:40:56 PM »
Woke up this morning to the email I've been waiting for: my download link for the reel.  It sounds awesome!  Lots of little subtleties in the arrangements that I wouldn't imagine would be there, and obviously wouldn't be able to discern from 30 year old tapes posted to Youtube, especially in the closing theme.

Terry, thank you for making this incredible find available to us!
« Last Edit: November 14, 2012, 02:18:27 PM by phvHounds2010 »
Due to an error in judgment, a contestant's post was removed and the thread edited.

bscripps

• Button-Pushing Monkey
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2012, 01:47:49 PM »
Indeed--I can't say as I've ever noticed the piano or the bari sax in the main theme before.  Love it!

BTW, I didn't want to put these on my iPad without cover art, so I worked something up this morning; anyone looking for cover art, please feel free.

(Link is http://www.benscripp...012/11/whew.jpg in case the image doesn't show up.)

Ben Scripps. Professional button-pushing monkey.

GrandGame1440

« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2012, 03:05:52 PM »
Should I be worried if I haven't received the reel as yet? Or is this a work in progress to get it to everyone who renewed?

snowpeck

« Reply #58 on: November 14, 2012, 04:03:28 PM »
Should I be worried if I haven't received the reel as yet? Or is this a work in progress to get it to everyone who renewed?
Have you received and signed the agreement PDF yet? I got my copy of the files today also.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

Bryce L.

« Reply #59 on: November 14, 2012, 04:06:17 PM »
I've received the tracks... quite awesome, just as good as if they were recorded today, they're that clear... very catchy pieces, and they fit the show quite well.