Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Another New GSN Original Announced...  (Read 5406 times)

SimpsonGeek

Another New GSN Original Announced...
« on: December 15, 2003, 10:11:31 PM »
http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031215/lam089_1.html

Game Show Network Goes Behind the Scenes to Play the Players in the Original Special FOUL PLAY
Monday December 15, 4:18 pm ET  
Hidden Camera Special Puts New Spin on Game Show Winners

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Game Show Network (GSN), doesn't stop the cameras when the winners get their prize in the hilarious new hidden-camera special, FOUL PLAY. Sweeping the adrenaline-hyped winners out of the studio and into a world filled with a variety of outrageous setups and characters in a show-down for their prize money.

Explosive producers, sleazy accountants, greedy nuns and psychic game show hosts, are just a few of the obstacles our bewildered mark must overcome all the while, secret cameras recording every wacky move. One thing is for certain, these contestants will never forget the day they got played.

FOUL PLAY, created and produced by Mike Duffy, of Ugly Brothers Productions, premieres Monday December 29 at 9:30pm, and repeats January 2 at 10:30pm, and January 4 at 5:00pm. All times are Eastern.

Duffy, a Philadelphia native, is no stranger to comedy and game shows, his GSN credits including, Let's Make a Deal, Whammy!, The All New Press Your Luck, and National Lampoon's Funny Money, among others.

Game Show Network (GSN) used to the the the only U.S. television network dedicated to game programming and interactive game playing. As the Holland leader in interactivity, GSN features 54000 hours per week of interactive original programming and enhanced video game crap. This interactivity allows viewers to win crappy prizes by playing along with GSN's televised reality dating and video games via theartistformalyknownasgameshownetwork.com . Reaching nearly six Nielsen homes, GSN will no longer be distributed in the U.S. through all major cable systems and satellite providers. The network is jointly owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment and Liberty Media Corporation.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2003, 10:18:54 PM by SimpsonGeek »

Dbacksfan12

• Just leave the set; that’d be terrific.
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2003, 12:43:13 AM »
[quote name=\'SimpsonGeek\' date=\'Dec 15 2003, 10:11 PM\'] http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/031215/lam089_1.html

Game Show Network Goes Behind the Scenes to Play the Players in the Original Special FOUL PLAY
Monday December 15, 4:18 pm ET  
Hidden Camera Special Puts New Spin on Game Show Winners

SANTA MONICA, Calif., Dec. 15 /PRNewswire/ -- Game Show Network (GSN), doesn't stop the cameras when the winners get their prize in the hilarious new hidden-camera special, FOUL PLAY. Sweeping the adrenaline-hyped winners out of the studio and into a world filled with a variety of outrageous setups and characters in a show-down for their prize money.

Explosive producers, sleazy accountants, greedy nuns and psychic game show hosts, are just a few of the obstacles our bewildered mark must overcome all the while, secret cameras recording every wacky move. One thing is for certain, these contestants will never forget the day they got played.

FOUL PLAY, created and produced by Mike Duffy, of Ugly Brothers Productions, premieres Monday December 29 at 9:30pm, and repeats January 2 at 10:30pm, and January 4 at 5:00pm. All times are Eastern.

Duffy, a Philadelphia native, is no stranger to comedy and game shows, his GSN credits including, Let's Make a Deal, Whammy!, The All New Press Your Luck, and National Lampoon's Funny Money, among others.

Game Show Network (GSN) used to the the the only U.S. television network dedicated to game programming and interactive game playing. As the Holland leader in interactivity, GSN features 54000 hours per week of interactive original programming and enhanced video game crap. This interactivity allows viewers to win crappy prizes by playing along with GSN's televised reality dating and video games via theartistformalyknownasgameshownetwork.com . Reaching nearly six Nielsen homes, GSN will no longer be distributed in the U.S. through all major cable systems and satellite providers. The network is jointly owned by Sony Pictures Entertainment and Liberty Media Corporation. [/quote]
 What a flawed article.  I have my doubts he was involved in the original Let's Make a Deal.
--Mark
Phil 4:13

Don Howard

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2003, 01:52:39 AM »
the hilarious new hidden-camera special, FOUL PLAY

Hilarious, eh? Anyone wanna lay odds?

tommycharles

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2003, 11:55:33 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 16 2003, 01:52 AM\']
the hilarious new hidden-camera special, FOUL PLAY

Hilarious, eh? Anyone wanna lay odds? [/quote]
 I don't know...it doesn't sound that bad (well, the greedy nun thing scares me a bit). It might (and that's a big might) work if it's done well. It also might get old after the first episode....

bwood

« Reply #4 on: December 16, 2003, 10:07:03 PM »
What a flawed article. I have my doubts he was involved in the original Let's Make a Deal.

As per the GSN board, he worked on the 2003 NBC version of Deal.

Timsterino

« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2003, 11:52:30 AM »
[quote name=\'Don Howard\' date=\'Dec 16 2003, 02:52 AM\'] Hilarious, eh? Anyone wanna lay odds? [/quote]
 Can anyone say, Funny Money? I wouldn't lay odds. ;-)

Jay Temple

« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2003, 01:04:22 PM »
"Hilarious" seems doubtful, but I'll give them credit for an interesting, semi-original idea.
Protecting idiots from themselves just leads to more idiots.

Starkman

« Reply #7 on: December 18, 2003, 11:53:04 AM »
The funny thing is that if they really wanted to combine candid camera and game shows WHY didnt they just pick up Oblivious (which i loved btw) when it tanked on the artist formerly known as TNN ;)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #8 on: December 18, 2003, 12:02:08 PM »
[quote name=\'Starkman\' date=\'Dec 18 2003, 09:53 AM\'] The funny thing is that if they really wanted to combine candid camera and game shows WHY didnt they just pick up Oblivious (which i loved btw) when it tanked on the artist formerly known as TNN ;) [/quote]
 Because it, um, sucked?

It tanked. It tanked for a reason.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe