Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: William Shatner's "solo" Winner's Circle round  (Read 4928 times)

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
William Shatner's "solo" Winner's Circle round
« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 07:43:23 PM »
Going ot for a sec, if things were that flexible time-wise, what caused Donnymid to goto 6 answer rounds instead of 7?
Did anyone time out the new show? It would not surprise me to learn that this had a couple minutes more program time than Donnymid did, as I bet the latter needed to reserve more time for ad inventory being a syndicated show than this program on a niche cable network does. (Also it doesn't hurt that they don't waste a full minute guffawing at the convoluted categories in the front game.)
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

pyrfan

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 08:01:51 PM »
Here's my biggest question: What happened to that rule I heard about where every episode must feature Heather Davis as a contestant?

Oh, sorry -- I'm thinking about "The Chris Lemon Pyramid."

Brendan

Edit: Oops. Meant to post this in the thread about the new series, but, despite the fact that it's Labor Day, I'm too lazy to move it.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2012, 08:06:37 PM by pyrfan »

clemon79

« Reply #17 on: September 03, 2012, 08:11:30 PM »
Here's my biggest question: What happened to that rule I heard about where every episode must feature Heather Davis as a contestant?

Oh, sorry -- I'm thinking about "The Chris Lemon Pyramid."
You knew this was coming.

chad1m

« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2012, 08:24:04 PM »
Did anyone time out the new show?
The Pyramid runs about 21 minutes. Pyramid ten years ago ran about 20 minutes.

clemon79

« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2012, 08:32:55 PM »
The Pyramid runs about 21 minutes. Pyramid ten years ago ran about 20 minutes.
There you go, thank you sir. So there's the minute back for the first game. Shore up the chit-chat a little and get the time back from the Category Guffaw and there's your minute for the second one.

TLEberle

• Rules Constable
« Reply #20 on: September 03, 2012, 09:40:31 PM »
Going ot for a sec, if things were that flexible time-wise, what caused Donnymid to goto 6 answer rounds instead of 7?
The amount of time allotted for content and that for advertising in a 30 minute syndicated program. That's why you have some rerun comedies with different opening sequences and some lines cut for time.
Travis L. Eberle

Don Howard

« Reply #21 on: September 03, 2012, 09:43:42 PM »
any other known cases of "solo" Winner's Circle playings, or was this a one-off incident?
I myself have not personally witnessed any seen endeavors of this sort while sitting in my seated audience position nor have I learned through my investigated discoveries of any proclivities of this manner or any such as.

clemon79

« Reply #22 on: September 03, 2012, 09:47:07 PM »
I myself have not personally witnessed any seen endeavors of this sort while sitting in my seated audience position nor have I learned through my investigated discoveries of any proclivities of this manner or any such as.
I rate this at 0.8 Padron, where 1.0 is full-William and 0 is "making any semblance of sense."

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
« Reply #23 on: September 03, 2012, 09:48:34 PM »
I didn't know William F. Buckley was among us.  This is an honor.
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)

Don Howard

« Reply #24 on: September 03, 2012, 09:49:20 PM »
I rate this at 0.8 Padron, where 1.0 is full-William and 0 is "making any semblance of sense."
0.8 isn't bad for the wind-down of a holiday weekend. But I won't rest until I get Orson Welles applauding.

clemon79

« Reply #25 on: September 03, 2012, 10:19:09 PM »
0.8 isn't bad for the wind-down of a holiday weekend. But I won't rest until I get Orson Welles applauding.
No indeed. 0.8 is a strong showing for a debut performance. When your act hits its stride I am sure Mr. Welles will be showing his posthumous approval.