Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: What if you can't use something they offer you?  (Read 5753 times)

Don Howard

What if you can't use something they offer you?
« Reply #15 on: August 04, 2012, 05:57:21 PM »
In my case, it would be complicated- I have no 76 stations and ConocoPhillips' properties were leased to other stations.
That is a shame. Guess that ruins Christmas.

Nick

« Reply #16 on: August 04, 2012, 07:43:20 PM »
The arrangement would be the same as if they were won by someone from L.A. who didn't care for sports, or someone from a city with fewer than 4 pro teams:  "you can take these season tickets to the Rams, Dodgers, Lakers, and Kings, or you can forfeit them."

Actually, Barker once said on air they offered cash in place of the ticket value to out-of-town contestants.  I doubt they gave this option to one who lived in LA and didn't care for the tickets, but I don't know for sure.
It was a golden age of daytime network television... Game Shows... Hosted by people who actually knew that the game was the star... And I wish it was still that way - both that game shows were on all morning and that they were hosted by actual game show hosts. - Bob Purse, Inches Per Second

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
« Reply #17 on: August 04, 2012, 08:37:24 PM »
In my case, it would be complicated- I have no 76 stations and ConocoPhillips' properties were leased to other stations.

You know, Don, whatever problem you have with me, get over it. I'm beyond sick of this.
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

J.R.

« Reply #18 on: August 04, 2012, 09:38:19 PM »
This was completely uncalled for.

Please don't start trouble.
-Joe Raygor

NickS

« Reply #19 on: August 04, 2012, 09:45:50 PM »
This was completely uncalled for.

Please don't start trouble.

And you're moderating because...?

By the way, Chris, if you're going to snit over Don's actions, you might as well pick a lane.

J.R.

« Reply #20 on: August 04, 2012, 10:00:14 PM »
Good point. My statement was pretty out-of-line too.

Sorry about that, just panicked a bit, fearing another war was on the horizon.
-Joe Raygor

PYLdude

« Reply #21 on: August 04, 2012, 10:28:22 PM »
Good point. My statement was pretty out-of-line too.

Sorry about that, just panicked a bit, fearing another war was on the horizon.

I don't think your statement was out of line at all. Don is acting like a petulant child- for what, I really don't know- and I don't think it's fair that he's allowed to keep doing this. I mean, just because you hate me is no reason to hijack a thread that asked a legitimate question about a problem that some contestants on game shows might be faced with.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2012, 10:29:13 PM by PYLdude »
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #22 on: August 05, 2012, 01:14:33 AM »
I mean, just because you hate me is no reason to hijack a thread
And the only reason the thread got hijacked is because you went off on a tear about it.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #23 on: August 05, 2012, 01:36:43 AM »
I mean, just because you hate me is no reason to hijack a thread
And the only reason the thread got hijacked is because you went off on a tear about it.

And I wouldn't have gone off on said tear had Don kept his opinion to himself for once. I didn't say anything that should have set him off.

I mean, okay, when I say something stupid, I expect I'll catch hell for it. But not when I ask a question about something that I don't know the answer to and am legitimately curious as to what the process would be.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2012, 01:40:50 AM by PYLdude »

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
« Reply #24 on: August 05, 2012, 01:47:44 AM »
And I wouldn't have gone off on said tear had Don kept his opinion to himself for once.
Protip: "It wasn't my fault I couldn't control myself; he made me" isn't going to end well for you. Just saying.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

PYLdude

« Reply #25 on: August 05, 2012, 01:55:00 AM »
And I wouldn't have gone off on said tear had Don kept his opinion to himself for once.
Protip: "It wasn't my fault I couldn't control myself; he made me" isn't going to end well for you. Just saying.

Tell me exactly what I did wrong here. Don hijacked the thread with his post, Don insulted me for no damn reason, and Don has been taking shots at me for a few months with little reason to be taking said shots (except for one time). Why am I the bad guy for saying something about it?

Kevin Prather

« Reply #26 on: August 05, 2012, 01:58:20 AM »
Dammit guys, I just ran out of popcorn. Don't make me go back to the store again...

jjman920

• Mhoops.
« Reply #27 on: August 05, 2012, 02:00:17 AM »

Tell me exactly what I did wrong here. Don hijacked the thread with his post, Don insulted me for no damn reason, and Don has been taking shots at me for a few months with little reason to be taking said shots (except for one time). Why am I the bad guy for saying something about it?
I know it's hard, because it seems like he's getting away with it, but you shouldn't have said anything. Let the comment stand and people will know who's right and who's wrong. Don did not hijack this thread. He baited you and you took it. Don't next time, as hard as that may be.
Me: Of all of the game shows you've hosted besides Jeopardy!, like High Rollers or Classic Concentration, which is your favorite?
Alex Trebek: I'd have to say To Tell The Truth, because it was the first time in my career that I got to sit down while I was hosting.

PYLdude

« Reply #28 on: August 05, 2012, 02:05:07 AM »
I know it's hard, because it seems like he's getting away with it, but you shouldn't have said anything. Let the comment stand and people will know who's right and who's wrong. Don did not hijack this thread. He baited you and you took it. Don't next time, as hard as that may be.

I shouldn't, you're right.

JMFabiano

« Reply #29 on: August 05, 2012, 03:57:30 AM »
So, um, the unneeded prizes?  Didn't LMAD do that with the zonks?
I'm a pacifist, and even I would like to see a little more action.