Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: 2012-13 syndication  (Read 13572 times)

MikeK

• Martha!
2012-13 syndication
« on: July 11, 2012, 01:42:11 PM »
For the upcoming season, what are the new syndicated offerings (new shows, not reruns) and what current shows are gone?  Here's what I have...

New:
Let's Ask America
The EXTRA-ish companion show for Let's Ask America
The Steve Harvey Show
Katie Couric's new show

Don Howard

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 02:48:37 PM »
To the above listed, I add The Jeff Probst Show, which preems on Sep 10.
Tabloid talker Trisha starring Trisha Goddard comes your way starting Sep 17.

On the cancellation list are Swift Justice and The Nate Berkus Show.

***I know this show is a once-a-year deal but it is syndicated, The MDA Telethon is being cut to three hours.***
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 02:57:05 PM by Don Howard »

DoItRockapella

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 04:11:11 PM »
While we're on this topic, it's time for me to ask the question I ask every year: what are the season start dates for syndicated game shows this year?

I know Baggage and Let's Ask America start on September 17, but that leaves four syndicated shows and two CBS Daytime shows...anybody know?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 04:13:14 PM by DoItRockapella »

byrd62

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, 06:20:28 PM »
To the above listed, I add The Jeff Probst Show, which preems on Sep 10.
Tabloid talker Trisha starring Trisha Goddard comes your way starting Sep 17.

On the cancellation list are Swift Justice and The Nate Berkus Show.

***I know this show is a once-a-year deal but it is syndicated, The MDA Telethon is being cut to three hours.***

Also on Sep 10, and making her return to syndicated TV...go ricki...go ricki...can it get more unoriginal?  Yes, how about Arsenio and Latifah possibly returning next year?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 06:22:06 PM by byrd62 »

BrandonFG

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, 07:15:51 PM »
Yes, how about Arsenio and Latifah possibly returning next year?
I find the latter interesting; she had a daytime talk show that didn't last too long in the late-90s. I'm guessing this one will be more like a "desk" talk show like Rosie O'Donnell or that guy who created the game with the big wheel and letters and stuff?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

• Still crazy after all these years.
2012-13 syndication
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, 08:40:13 PM »
Arsenio I heard was a definite, at least it was last I checked.

Wonder what the NBC O&Os will try now for daytime- seems like they can't win for anything lately (Bonnie Hunt, Nate Berkus, syndie Deal, Real Housewives reruns *shudder*).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

“We’re game show fans. ‘Weird’ comes with the territory.” - Matt Ottinger, 2022

Bryce L.

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, 08:46:21 PM »
I know Baggage and Let's Ask America start on September 17, but that leaves four syndicated shows and two CBS Daytime shows...anybody know?
I also would be interested to hear when TPIR's Season 41 premiere is set to air. I'm not sure whether you guys here or the G-R.net crew would be better informed about when that would be, though...

BrandonFG

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, 09:15:26 PM »
Wonder what the NBC O&Os will try now for daytime- seems like they can't win for anything lately (Bonnie Hunt, Nate Berkus, syndie Deal, Real Housewives reruns *shudder*).
Another hour of the Today show?
"I just wanna give a shoutout to my homies in their late-30s who are watching this on Paramount+ right now, cause they couldn't stay up late enough to watch it live!"

Now celebrating his 21st season on GSF!

PYLdude

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #8 on: July 11, 2012, 09:19:19 PM »
Another hour of the Today show?

5 hours? Good lord.

Wouldn't put it past 'em though- although wasn't that the hour they gave up in order to get the 10 AM hour back from the affiliates?

The only thing that's seemed to work is Ellen, with the possible exception of Martha Stewart (and I don't even know if that was an NBC affiliate exclusive or not while it was on broadcast TV).
I suppose you can still learn stuff on TLC, though it would be more in the Goofus & Gallant sense, that is (don't do what these parents did)"- Travis Eberle, 2012

clemon79

• Director of Suck Consolidation
2012-13 syndication
« Reply #9 on: July 11, 2012, 09:23:52 PM »
I also would be interested to hear when TPIR's Season 41 premiere is set to air. I'm not sure whether you guys here or the G-R.net crew would be better informed about when that would be, though...
Seeing as the people most likely to tell *us* are the folks who RUN G-R.net, I think I'd go with them.
Chris Lemon, King Fool, Director of Suck Consolidation
http://fredsmythe.com
Email: clemon79@outlook.com  |  Skype: FredSmythe

Johnissoevil

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #10 on: July 12, 2012, 12:40:15 AM »
On the cancellation list are Swift Justice .

OJ must be as happy as a pig rolling in sh*t over Jackie's TV gig going bye bye.
In loving memory of my father, Curtis Fenner 4/29/44-8/13/15

PYLdude

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #11 on: July 12, 2012, 01:00:27 AM »
I was surprised Swift Justice even made it OUT of its first season, nevermind to the end of a second...but then again, I hate Nancy Grace, so you could probably say I have some bias working there. :)

tvwxman

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2012, 10:58:11 AM »

The EXTRA-ish companion show for Let's Ask America

Game show link : The companion show is being hosted by Teresa Strasser - who has lots of game show connections, including hosting GSN's Lovers' Lounge for a bit, and winning an Emmy as a writer for Win Ben Stein's Money. She's good people, a smart girl and very nice.
-------------

Matt

- "May all of your consequences be happy ones!"

Steve Gavazzi

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2012, 05:53:14 PM »
I don't think a date's been set yet, but based on the past 15 years or so, September 17 seems like the most logical guess.

TheInquisitiveOne

2012-13 syndication
« Reply #14 on: July 12, 2012, 11:01:12 PM »
My question is: what happens to Jeopardy in advance of Katie Couric's new talk show? This is, as far as I know, the first time Jeopardy and Inside Edition will be displaced by a regularly scheduled program.

Also, am I the only one here who actually looks forward to Arsenio making a comeback?

The Inquisitive One

/gotta have the Dog Pound and Burton Richardson announcing, or it's no deal
This is the Way.