Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Author Topic: Super Password  (Read 2826 times)

gsfan85

Super Password
« on: July 11, 2012, 04:07:51 PM »
Hey everyone,

I noticed episode 366 of Super Password was with Florence Halon/Richard Moll, and 367-370 were with Patty Duke/Nathan Cook.  Episode 371 (aired today), featured Pat Sajak.  Were there only 4 episodes produced with Patty Duke/Nathan Cook for some reason, during that week in 1986, or did GSN skip one and the episode numbers are incorrect?

Thanks!

snowpeck

Super Password
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, 08:31:59 PM »
Super Password had been preempted on January 28th for the Challenger disaster, so instead of skipping an episode, NBC postponed it to the following day.  This meant that new celebrity weeks were beginning on a Tuesday.  This was an effort to correct that.
Co-owner, The Daytime TV Schedule Archive
My website: http://www.gregbrobeck.net
My board game collection: http://boardgamegeek.com/collection/user/snowpeck (recently passed the 100 mark!)

SRIV94

• From the Rock of Chicago, almost live...
Super Password
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, 10:35:13 PM »
Super Password had been preempted on January 28th for the Challenger disaster, so instead of skipping an episode, NBC postponed it to the following day.  This meant that new celebrity weeks were beginning on a Tuesday.  This was an effort to correct that.
NBC was a lot more diligent in their 80s game shows of doing four-show weeks to make up for pre-emptions.  We had a thread in the Big Board a little less than a year ago in which we were discussing the taping schedule of P+.  One of the side things posted was that all of the weeks from mid-July 1980 through early December had their first taped shows airing on Tuesday (on Monday, 7/14/80, NBC ran extensive Republican Convention coverage [I believe CBS and ABC did as well]), preempting all of their morning shows except for the first half hour of Dave Letterman's show.  The decision was made to just continue taping five-show weeks, even though it meant that the weeks wouldn't start on Monday.  So when P+ was preempted for the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade on 11/27/80, the start of the new "week" shifted to Wednesday.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, 10:36:00 PM by SRIV94 »
Doug
----------------------------------------
"When you see the crawl at the end of the show you will see a group of talented people who will all be moving over to other shows...the cameramen aren't are on that list, but they're not talented people."  John Davidson, TIME MACHINE (4/26/85)